Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Are we sure his wife isn’t living in a 90s hacker movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm hearing reports the Twitter account bot also stole that woman's wallet

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
And it also had sex with that guy’s dead wife

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Maybe she clicked a pi symbol on the bottom of the page.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zugzwang posted:

Maybe she clicked a pi symbol on the bottom of the page.

Is the wife's name Ruth Marx? :tinfoil:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

twitter op says it may have grabbed her info [email and such] from her browsers autofill function. Which apparently is illegal?? I had no idea.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Auto fill is what I do at the Old country Buffet and they keep telling me that's illegal too

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

value-brand cereal posted:

twitter op says it may have grabbed her info [email and such] from her browsers autofill function. Which apparently is illegal?? I had no idea.

form autofill in browsers requires user interaction. web pages can't just silently grab your email and address just because they're in your autofill list

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

susan b buffering posted:

form autofill in browsers requires user interaction. web pages can't just silently grab your email and address just because they're in your autofill list
Technically it’s possible that autofill filled in the email and then Twitter logged the input even though the user didn’t click submit. But obviously the story is just bogus.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Vegetable posted:

Technically it’s possible that autofill filled in the email and then Twitter logged the input even though the user didn’t click submit. But obviously the story is just bogus.

it's not about hitting submit, the user has to actually select a value from browser's autocomplete options to populate the field at all

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I get a "Sign up with your google/facebook/whatever account" on many different websites. Including some i really don't want associated to that account.

I think the lady just clicked 'OK' and that's how it happened.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vegetable posted:

I follow this guy, he never struck me as the sort to make stuff up for clicks

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LimaBiker posted:

I get a "Sign up with your google/facebook/whatever account" on many different websites. Including some i really don't want associated to that account.

I think the lady just clicked 'OK' and that's how it happened.

Twitter also has a "click here to log in with google." If you're already logged in, this is potentially a streamlined enough process to click through on autopilot and genuinely not remember. Or just be embarrassed enough to deny.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I wouldn't put it past some beleaguered twitter engineer in the corner of an empty office creating some code to wells-fargo up accounts for digital passers by to create some positive numbers to show ol' musky.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

susan b buffering posted:

Ah. Well then he's a twitter user [dumb as hell].

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/eigenrobot/status/1633241188873523201

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Someone translate for nerd for me

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

man I hate it when my deposition is on a day I'm giving testimony in a completely different trial against me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I know this was planned a year ago when Discovery bought all of WB, but this is a very dumb idea

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1645775377737060352?s=20

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Just going all-in on the least recognizable component of any of the existing companies' names.

Unless they're courting those Cinemax subscribers I guess.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Knormal posted:

Just going all-in on the least recognizable component of any of the existing companies' names.

Unless they're courting those Cinemax subscribers I guess.

I'm sure the Discovery side of the family wants to get as far as possible from the "woke" content of HBO and as fast as possible into more "reality but with tits".

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Everyone knows tits aren't real. :rolleyes:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know this was planned a year ago when Discovery bought all of WB, but this is a very dumb idea

KERMIT: ... well, I found a whole bunch of friends, who have the same dream. And that kind of makes us like a family. You have anybody like that, Hopper? I mean, once you get all those restaurants, who are you going to share it with? Who are your friends, Doc?

DOC HOPPER (snapping): Max! I've got lots of friends. Max, for instance. (Jerks a thumb in Max's direction and looks back.)

MAX: (Shakes head, looks away.)

DOC HOPPER (deflated): Max...?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Love that I subscribed to HBO Max and not Discovery+ but I now have the opportunity to pay more for poo poo I absolutely don’t want!!!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

teen witch posted:

Love that I subscribed to HBO Max and not Discovery+ but I now have the opportunity to pay more for poo poo I absolutely don’t want!!!

Capitalism means efficiency.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Well, now that I can consider simply acquiring the shows I want to watch without paying a new price, efficient indeed!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I would pay an extra $4/mo to get what HBOMax started as. But what it’s become plus the dogshit I don’t watch on discovery hell no.

Oh, wait, wife told me she subs to Discovery.

poo poo ,nevertheless….

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HBO had some of the best shows ever made and now it’s whatever the heck Max is.

It’s incredible how they just hauled all the wiring out and sold chunks of drywall and lightbulbs.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I mean Harley Quinn, Succession, The White Lotus, Somebody Somewhere are all still there technically, but seeing what happened to Batgirl and Westworld, I too remain skeptical of how HBO’s rep will weather this.

Plus, outside of the US we get adult swim shows and god loving help me if Discovery nixes those. They already bungled the last season of What We Do In the Shadows by just pausing the season for two weeks while the US stuck to schedule and whoops our social media spoiled a massive plot point for the show!!!!!!! Wuhwoh!!!!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Everyone knows tits aren't real. :rolleyes:

They’re real, and they’re wonderful.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

As petty as this sound, my main concern is whether Max will have it's interface in English or localized to whatever the country of origin is. Because gently caress having yet another streaming app in Norwegian.

This isn't me knocking on Norwegian, it's just that i dislike localized apps in general, even in my native language. Always feels odd to me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

As petty as this sound, my main concern is whether Max will have it's interface in English or localized to whatever the country of origin is. Because gently caress having yet another streaming app in Norwegian.

This isn't me knocking on Norwegian, it's just that i dislike localized apps in general, even in my native language. Always feels odd to me.

I’d say give us the option because such interfaces help us non natives learn the language with something familiar.

However, the subtitles? What a loving mess. Sometimes they don’t even bother to spell names correctly. HBO is hit and miss but Disney+ is a MESS. How are you Disney and misspell Anaheim in your subs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

teen witch posted:

I’d say give us the option because such interfaces help us non natives learn the language with something familiar.

However, the subtitles? What a loving mess. Sometimes they don’t even bother to spell names correctly. HBO is hit and miss but Disney+ is a MESS. How are you Disney and misspell Anaheim in your subs.

The Mighty Ducks movies or cartoon?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Mighty Ducks movies or cartoon?

Shockingly, King of the Hill.

(they’ve finally added it to Disney+ days ago)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is nuts

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1646201610471718931?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

The last plan is apparently if you want to watch stuff in 4K

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Paying :10bux: to have to watch ads in 2023. :rubby:

Ad-free is $1 more than Hulu.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ofecks posted:

Paying :10bux: to have to watch ads in 2023. :rubby:

Ad-free is $1 more than Hulu.

Does Hulu still give ads even though you pay for the service?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Pirate Bay is always ad free

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does Hulu still give ads even though you pay for the service?

Yes, but only the bottom tier. It's like 7 or 8 bucks. Ad-free is 15. There's no free tier anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So is it still included if you have HBO on cable?

That would make me okay with it so I can watch garbage house flipping/buying shows that are on Discovery + but yeah in general that SUCKS.