Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I switched from induction to gas when I moved and before either I've only used electric stoves.

Electric stoves are by far the worst, but I think I actually prefer induction to gas. The temperature control and stability on induction is crazy good. Only drawback is the glass surface which they say is stronger but I still managed to slightly crack it. Also it's much easier to season my carbon steel pans on a gas stove because the sides heat up properly.

When I quote you I can see you attached an image but for some reason it's not appearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I hate those glass stoves. Crack if you look at them funny

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Stultus Maximus posted:

Look at the camera and the dog at the same time?

:perfect: :thurman:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

In case it slipped by anyone else, Joe Pera has a podcast now called Drifting Off.

Wow, thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed his show where he talked to us and I'm curious to hear his thoughts about the few years since the show ended in 2018. Really glad Adult Swim didn't renew them so we can get more hits like "Tropical Cops" and "Misogyny Quest"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed his show where he talked to us and I'm curious to hear his thoughts about the few years since the show ended in 2018. Really glad Adult Swim didn't renew them so we can get more hits like "Tropical Cops" and "Misogyny Quest"

The show ended last year? Is it 2019 in your mind?

But you can find some Joe on the Townsends youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey5JYMbI64I

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The show was filmed in 2018 they were very clear about that IN the show when they said it's 2018 so ???

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember it starting in 2018, but figured time progressed at the normal pace as he passes a few winters in the show.

I will rewatch to confirm.

E: the podcast is good, but it doesn't sound like he'll be getting into behind the scenes stuff, but who knows.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 11, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Eej posted:

But my round bottomed wok...

Are you gonna fry me some tonight?
Aah, down beside that red fire light
Are you gonna get it nice and hot?
Round bottomed woks
You make the cooking world go 'round

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Welp.

Gentlemen, it has been an honour and a privilege posting with you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oooof.

Good loving luck, man.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Gonna wipe New Zealand off the…

Oh.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

Oh.

Thread's over, can't top this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Welp.

Gentlemen, it has been an honour and a privilege posting with you.

What did you do in your life to deserve this?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FrozenVent posted:

Oh.

Lmao goddamn

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

Oh.

Well at least the storm won't kill me now

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
As long as it doesn't mess up the Me First & the Gimme Gimmes show next weekend it'll be fine.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

That feels like a lot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Another UFO was found over northern Canada by NORAD and well, Trudeau isn't playing either

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1624527581331554306?t=K5CE7QJbG10Kl90X-0JeVg&s=19

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1624533640980971521?t=6uOck4-i8khywmL-McDFvA&s=19

F-22 went from zero kills to three I'm a very short time.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I believe this spy balloon gap is too high. We must reactivate the Navy's lighter than air program so that future soldiers will not be caught with inferior dirigible/bloon technology.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

I believe this spy balloon gap is too high. We must reactivate the Navy's lighter than air program so that future soldiers will not be caught with inferior dirigible/bloon technology.

https://youtu.be/Kq-N3_plNq8

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
honestly at this point i'd just keep sending balloons over. hook em up to some random junkyard poo poo with a little beeper and let that fucker fly

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Defenestrategy posted:

Bring back the USS Akron

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

F-22 went from zero kills to three I'm a very short time.

It's all a pilot mafia conspiracy isn't it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Flikken posted:

Bring back the USS Akron

USS Akron, registry number ZRS-4-A.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lemniscate Blue posted:

USS Akron, registry number ZRS-4-A.

I looked up the USS Shenandoah and tried to link it to the East Palestine derailment. But Caldwell is well south of East Palestine.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/airplaneian/status/1624568684067885057?t=bTDVrwEzoaXoxRQWbhtwmg&s=19

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1624569819595939846?t=61FnhdRWl9hPS84BYEzr7w&s=19

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1624576868140679168?t=DXb90qTent__YSY6vihFMw&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
re: Montana, I've got nothing on it right now. "DoD Action, Contact NORAD" is more or less what newsmedia is getting.

And this explains why they're suddenly finding so much: https://twitter.com/AlexHortonTX/status/1624572858365095938

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1624582414172389376?t=ziG7UAfP05hsQBJXMnAyhA&s=19

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
what the gently caress is even happening

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I dunno, maybe ghosts or the stay puffed man

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Going to launch a harpoon at it and pull it down for research?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

New XCOM game looking pretty good

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A weekend of UFO shoot downs was not on my 2023 Bingo card

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
How feasible is it for an adversary to loft an explosive payload in a balloon and deliver it on target? Say, covertly launched from a nuclear sub in a plausibly deniable position well outside the attacker's typical areas of operation?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cugel the Clever posted:

How feasible is it for an adversary to loft an explosive payload in a balloon and deliver it on target? Say, covertly launched from a nuclear sub in a plausibly deniable position well outside the attacker's typical areas of operation?

And target anything more specific than a time zone? Not really.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cugel the Clever posted:

I mean, more feasible than in was with Japan's mainland-launched incendiary balloons in WWII, sure. But a balloon will have a fairly obvious signature on radar (if filters aren't tuned to ignore it, apparently) so they may not get much mischief in other than flight hours on expensive airframes and spendy missiles expended.

Your scenario in particular sounds like a "send the attack subs here!" beacon.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 12, 2023

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is all our own poo poo to get the public riled to increase welfare for Raytheon and Lockheed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

My Spirit Otter posted:

what the gently caress is even happening

Highly likely the Chinese had some balloons and random drone-like loitering surveillance in the air for a long time. Our systems are probably set up to find fast-moving poo poo (jetliners, missiles) instead, then the Chinese lost control of their balloon. NORAD people were probably like "uh... why the gently caress didn't we see that", tuned their filters, and started finding slow, car-sized poo poo that was probably around for a while. And it's not exactly in China's interest to suddenly pull back their previously-undetected poo poo.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm here thinking it's kinda neat knowing that a big ole balloon is reflective enough for a Sidewinder's heat seeker to key off of, anyway.

Not surprising, but probably outside of its designed target envelope, too. ("That big ole blob is the sun! I'm supposed to target something more pinpoint")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Cugel the Clever posted:

If the last few years have taught anyone anything it's that the US is weakest to easily-preventable diseases. We should be on the lookout for a measles balloon.