Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saw Everything Everywhere All at Once which was decently fun but mainly put me in the mood to watch a real martial arts movie so I settled on rewatchingFist of Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I think I'm the only one in the world who hated everything everywhere. idea behind it was cool but I thought it was lame as gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like the back half of the latest sunny season, its like an always sunny movie. definitely been slipping the last few though. I will not listen to their podcast

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I like the back half of the latest sunny season, its like an always sunny movie. definitely been slipping the last few though. I will not listen to their podcast

when I heard about it I was really hoping to hear some behind the scenes production stuff about the show but it was just 3 hollywood boys jerking each other off, shame

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The Mac's Big Break episode where they try to start a podcast is good at least

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watch The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil (2019). Great movie. I give it an 8/10. Like many crime movies of this type there is basically no mystery element to it, but it's gritty and it's fun to watch the dirty homicide cop and the mafia boss beat the poo poo out of each other every other scene. Ive only seen a couple movies with Ma Dong-seok but he plays a great bruiser.

I looked it up on Wikipedia after because it has one of those based on a true story title cards and discovered that Sylvester Stallone is going to produce an American remake which sounds awful and like it's going to make everyone I ever talk to about this movie think of a really bad remake, like with Oldboy or Ghost in the Shell.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

It was pretty decent but I kept getting distracted by the weirdly terrible green screen and CGI in every scene while they clearly filmed in some LA studio or something. I don't understand why they didn't just film in Ireland lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watched Sin City and god what a gruesome, gritty movie. stylish as hell too

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

I think I'm the only one in the world who hated everything everywhere. idea behind it was cool but I thought it was lame as gently caress

I didn't hate it but I was just not into it at all. All of my friends cried and were talking about how it was the best movie of the year. Rarely feel so separated from the experience of people watching with me

Saw Infinity Pool last night and it was disappointing. Some concepts I liked but it felt like it wanted to do a lot of things and didn't end up doing any well, body horror element felt sort of tacked-on

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This drunk guy framed episode is tight.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
watched in the mood for love the other night and it was p good. i see why people like wong kar wai lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

I didn't hate it but I was just not into it at all. All of my friends cried and were talking about how it was the best movie of the year. Rarely feel so separated from the experience of people watching with me

Saw Infinity Pool last night and it was disappointing. Some concepts I liked but it felt like it wanted to do a lot of things and didn't end up doing any well, body horror element felt sort of tacked-on

The action is fairly whack for a movie where that's like 50% of the point. It's also way too long

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And speak of the devil it’s a Jessica Walter ep right after.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

hell yes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

:worship:

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Evil Eagle posted:

Their podcast owns because when they get to a joke like frank killing himself they have to take a moment for a serious voice "suicide isn't funny. You definitely should not kill yourself".

There is some stuff occasionally interesting about all the stuff they had to do for early seasons. Like the business opposite of the Patty's pub set would have their employees honk their horns while they were filming so they could extort them for some cash. Otherwise you're listening to 3 millionaires read off ad reads for food delivery companies on their podcast about their own show

Uncle Frank fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 13, 2023

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The action is fairly whack for a movie where that's like 50% of the point. It's also way too long

I generally liked the movie overall but yeah it really needed to trim down a lot, all the hot-dog gags and all the other jokes that weren’t particularly funny the first time and then they all have another 5 scenes dedicated to them. There was a point where I felt like the movie was wrapping up so I checked how much time was left to see if I had time to start another movie afterward and I flipped out when I saw I was still 50 minutes from the end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Young Jessica Walter :popeye:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Young Jessica Walter :popeye:

have you seen Play Misty For Me?

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

have you seen Play Misty For Me?

No, probably should

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No, probably should

It's pretty good. It's not as good as Dirty harry, but its good. it has some wonderful shots of the west coast and some cool rear end loving houses that make you want to blue skidoo righti nto the loving screen and let jessica walters tits absolutely smother you to death while you drink wine and play jazz records. its pretty much how i already live my life

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

It's pretty good. It's not as good as Dirty harry, but its good. it has some wonderful shots of the west coast and some cool rear end loving houses that make you want to blue skidoo righti nto the loving screen and let jessica walters tits absolutely smother you to death while you drink wine and play jazz records. its pretty much how i already live my life

:cheerdoge:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

if youre a sad sack of poo poo like me who already fetishizes the late 60s and cries into your pillow every night weepnig about how you were born in the wrong generation as you let the beach boys just wasnt made for these times play watching that movie will not help.. it will make you search ebay for a time machine where you simply just need to add the crystals

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

if youre a sad sack of poo poo like me who already fetishizes the late 60s and cries into your pillow every night weepnig about how you were born in the wrong generation as you let the beach boys just wasnt made for these times play watching that movie will not help.. it will make you search ebay for a time machine where you simply just need to add the crystals

Haha don’t know what that’s like *runs downstairs to hide collection of Velvet Underground records under the couch*

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted:

lol but also iknow tha feels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Listening to Surf’s Up for the seventh time in a row

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Listening to Surf’s Up for the seventh time in a row

but maggot brain

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

but both of those + PATGOD

----------------

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Went through that after watching Bullitt and wound up with a nice brass globe cigarette holder from the early 60s from ebay

https://youtu.be/H5pSPCAXrj8

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

but both of those + PATGOD

*Speaking into voice recorder* Diane, just thought of a new av idea… Pablo at the Gates of Dawn

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Speaking into voice recorder* Diane, just thought of a new av idea… Pablo at the Gates of Dawn

lol..if youve never read / watched / listened to wind in the willows where the album takes its name from.. ITs mandatory :D

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1625012098831986688?t=7SPGTMW4NGkxUf3zNRjujA&s=19

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

holding out hope for nirvana the band the show boys and nathan fielder :praying_hands: plz dont fall off

im losing hope. where the gently caress are matt and jay. netflix just buy s3

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cannot wait for Jojolands. I gotta know what this person’s stand is.

wowee thanks again Dendy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

really sick drawing..

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh sht thats friday

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol