Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bug Squash posted:

*me, cracking open any piece of media ever...*
"loving Gilgamesh again!?

OK, say what you want about the Pixel Remasters, that's fair, but those Ennio Morricone horns they did in the new version of Battle on Big Bridge?

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

nom epique posted:

Is forgotten land worth a cop? Hearing mixed reviews

Probably best game to cop. You’ll finish it fast, enjoy the experience, and within a week or two be able to cop something else.

I don’t know if I’m using that right. First time I try and I haven’t been around native speakers in 13 years now so my English is sort of frozen and stagnating.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Probably best game to cop. You’ll finish it fast, enjoy the experience, and within a week or two be able to cop something else.

I don’t know if I’m using that right. First time I try and I haven’t been around native speakers in 13 years now so my English is sort of frozen and stagnating.

Urban dictionary says that's a correct usage, though i have to admit it's new to me.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Look at their post history and rap sheet, their thing is just posting tedious white noise everywhere, in this thread it seems to be nonsense about what game to cop

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Antonymous posted:

Metal Gear Solid is just Metal Gear 2 in 3D and then MGS2 is just MGS1 again and then...

Metal Gear 2 is a remake of Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid is a 3D remake of Metal Gear 2. Metal Gear Solid 2 is a diegetic simulation of MGS. And I guess there’s also the Twin Snakes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
And Metal Gear Solid 3 is just that Kojima had watched A James Bond movie the week before

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Metal Gear 2 is a remake of Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid is a 3D remake of Metal Gear 2. Metal Gear Solid 2 is a diegetic simulation of MGS. And I guess there’s also the Twin Snakes.

You forgot that Ghost Bable is also just MGS1 again too. Or supposedly, the training Raiden did for being put into another simulation of MGS1 again in MGS2.

edit: they should put Ghost Bable on the gameboy thing so I can finally remember to play it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Facetious posted:

Fortnite, and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (download from Windows store for free if you own Java Edition) are two that come to mind. Also Rocket League maybe?

Warframe has crossplay now too, buuut that might be above their complexity level, depending on age.

I mentioned specifically Steam because I can't do Minecraft as I'm using a steam deck. Same deal with fortnite.

We've played Rocket League a few times, but it seems like I'm the only one in our family who wants to play it.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Bug Squash posted:

Who has been saying bad things about Forgotten Land? :psyduck: It's one of the best games of all time. Unless you pathologically need a game to be difficult, everyone enjoys it.

Someone in this very thread said it’s a 8/10 $30 game and a 4/10 $60 game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ghost Babel rules because it’s literally a metal gear game on the gameboy which is not what you expect from that era

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

nom epique posted:

Someone in this very thread said it’s a 8/10 $30 game and a 4/10 $60 game

i don't think that happened

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

nom epique posted:

Someone in this very thread said it’s a 8/10 game

That sounds about right.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The question with Kirby is what kind of game are you looking for? Do you want a real hard platformer that requires repetition and skill to beat? Then Kirby isn't gonna cut it. Do you want a charming and well designed platformer with some fun puzzles and bosses that might take a few tries to beat? One that will take a 20-25 hours to finish? If that sounds intriguing then you would probably like Kirby!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Some people never completed Ultimate Stadium ZX and it shows.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Couldn’t wait out the physical version and picked up Metroid Prime Again. Man, this game is pretty and runs smooth.

One of the most surprising parts is just how cool the Switch stays running it. Pokemon Scarlet turned my OLED into a hand warmer by comparison.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ghost Babel was the first Metal Gear game I ever played and it kicked rear end

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bleck posted:

Like I said, the only positive thing I can say. Ugh, that game.

It was pretty good, and definitely better than Prime's "you got bonked on the noggin, like, really hard and forgot how to have the Varia Suit."

it's you got bonked hard and it's all broken now, not that she forgot

or did you manage to miss the solid minute of "YOUR poo poo BROKE" pop ups at the beginning of prime?

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Only Star Wars games I want to replay are the old Battlefronts 1+2 and I have no idea how I may be able to do that.

I realize this is the Switch thread, but they’re both on Gamepass. Xbox stays winning. 😁

e: Relevant to the thread - the Switch would make an awesome platform for Gamepass streaming. Somebody make it happen.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 12, 2023

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Len posted:

it's you got bonked hard and it's all broken now, not that she forgot

What's the difference,

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bleck posted:

What's the difference,

Well one implies that she has a massive head wound and should probably go seek treatment before fighting space pirates

The other is that they broke all her poo poo and the whole game is just her kicking in doors and blowing poo poo up because of the inconvenience

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bought Metroid Prime for GC, WiiU, and now Switch. No regrets. :smug:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Apparently the Prime 1 Remaster wasn't just Retro, but co-devolved by Iron Galaxy Studios, whoever the hell they are.
Makes me wonder if Nintendo does want to do Echoes and Corruption Remasters, if they will take the lead on them because I can't imagine Retro still working on remasters and Prime 4 at the same time.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Bought Metroid Prime for GC, WiiU, and now Switch. No regrets. :smug:

Same but add the physical trilogy on Wii. I know resident evil 4 is the game I’ve bought for the most number of platforms, I think I’ve had it on every console it’s been released on but if not close enough. I wonder if prime is my second. How many different consoles have oot? If you count the preorder master quest disc as buying it, I think it may edge out prime.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Apparently the Prime 1 Remaster wasn't just Retro, but co-devolved by Iron Galaxy Studios, whoever the hell they are.
Makes me wonder if Nintendo does want to do Echoes and Corruption Remasters, if they will take the lead on them because I can't imagine Retro still working on remasters and Prime 4 at the same time.

Iron Galaxy has been a dev studio for like 15 years, fronted by games press bff Dave Lang and Adam Boyes. They’ve done a ton of good games, some great games, and a few stinkers (usually because they weren’t given enough time and they outspokenly refuse to crunch).

They made the Killer Instinct reboot for Xbone among other original games but mostly get by doing mercenary port work. They’re almost certainly doing the other two ports with some oversight.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I recognize Iron Galaxy from the KI reboot and 3rd Strike Online. They also ported Skyrim to Switch so yeah theyre legit. Them working on this remaster makes perfect sense considering how well it turned out.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

That name sounded familiar to me for some reason, and yeah, they were the devs for the recently deceased Rumbleverse.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Dive kick fool

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Len posted:

Well one implies that she has a massive head wound and should probably go seek treatment before fighting space pirates

The other is that they broke all her poo poo and the whole game is just her kicking in doors and blowing poo poo up because of the inconvenience

Hmm no. I don't think that's

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just got the Donald Faison suit in MP

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Rageaholic posted:

Ghost Babel was the first Metal Gear game I ever played and it kicked rear end

same... dope game

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

iron galaxy is a studio fronted by dave lang

he rules

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Which one is Dave?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

mario 3 and mario world are both among the best games in their genre and are aiming for different experiences. arguing which is better is pointless imo, it is entirely down to taste - do you want shorter, more focused levels or longer, more complex, more exploration-oriented levels? both execute on their goals flawlessly.

mario games are very very good except sunshine, that thing sucks poo poo

I played through Mario 64 back in the day, a few times, that game was a touchstone of my childhood. I never did get all the way through Sunshine. When 3D All Stars came out I played through 64 yet again, it was great. I'm still struggling to make myself get through Sunshine.

I played Galaxy briefly and gave up. Will have to try again later. All the same, still sore that they didn't include Galaxy 2. I guess I'll never play it because I will not buy, use a Wii.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I mentioned specifically Steam because I can't do Minecraft as I'm using a steam deck. Same deal with fortnite.

We've played Rocket League a few times, but it seems like I'm the only one in our family who wants to play it.

Does adding outside games to your Steam directory let you download them to the Deck?

Cause honestly I can't imagine many Nintendo games compatible with Steam that are crossplay and not merely cross save besides those four.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For some reason Metroid Prime is very relaxing to me.

Something about how all the elements come together is zen-like.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

pwn posted:

I played through Mario 64 back in the day, a few times, that game was a touchstone of my childhood. I never did get all the way through Sunshine. When 3D All Stars came out I played through 64 yet again, it was great. I'm still struggling to make myself get through Sunshine.

I played Galaxy briefly and gave up. Will have to try again later. All the same, still sore that they didn't include Galaxy 2. I guess I'll never play it because I will not buy, use a Wii.

There's a mod for Sunshine called Super Mario SunBurn. Main features include the ability to go into different stages from other stages (though gently caress the Bianco Hills to Pianta Village path if it's the path I'm thinking of), Shines don't kick you out of the level, and some extra stages.

Also some poo poo about the ability to long jump idk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Inzombiac posted:

For some reason Metroid Prime is very relaxing to me.

Something about how all the elements come together is zen-like.
Parts of it definitely are to me, but other parts are stressful, like needing to nail precise jumps. I'm not great at precise jumps in video games :(

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
How does the Nintendo bucks at Costco work. They’re like 80 bucks for 100 worth of Ninty bucks. Was thinking to use them to cop two games but can they be used for that?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
About to fire up some splatoon whilst falling asleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Switch stays winning