Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

One possibility: Golbez' arc concludes with creating Rift-pathways between the Source and the remaining Reflections. So travel is possible, but you have to actually traverse the pathway, it's not just teleportation. The pathway to the First is in familiar territory so we can have the reunions, but the others are in places we haven't visited yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

One possibility: Golbez' arc concludes with creating Rift-pathways between the Source and the remaining Reflections. So travel is possible, but you have to actually traverse the pathway, it's not just teleportation. The pathway to the First is in familiar territory so we can have the reunions, but the others are in places we haven't visited yet

The Zodiark hole in the moon is the nexus point connecting all the shards

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Zhloe has very pretty handwriting

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FuturePastNow posted:

The Zodiark hole in the moon is the nexus point connecting all the shards
Then inshallah we will have Cid build us an airship to take us to the alternate reflections from the alternate moons, and it will be the Defiant, not the Voyager

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zomborgon posted:

Zhloe has very pretty handwriting

And Khloe is always practicing her Eorzean letters.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nessus posted:

Then inshallah we will have Cid build us an airship to take us to the alternate reflections from the alternate moons, and it will be the Defiant, not the Voyager

I'd be down for jrpg Gul Dukat as the antagonist for 7.0.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Poked my head into Shirogane because I felt like doing something that wasn't content, even if it was just sitting on an empty beach and admiring the level design. Saw a couple mounds of sand, like you'd see covering people who'd gotten buried by enterprising children. Even with shovels. Hmm, I can clip through part of it, and there's even a lump of sand for a pillow. I know I can /doze on the futon as a bed, even though it's classed as a rug... I wonder...

Yup.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dareon posted:

Poked my head into Shirogane because I felt like doing something that wasn't content, even if it was just sitting on an empty beach and admiring the level design. Saw a couple mounds of sand, like you'd see covering people who'd gotten buried by enterprising children. Even with shovels. Hmm, I can clip through part of it, and there's even a lump of sand for a pillow. I know I can /doze on the futon as a bed, even though it's classed as a rug... I wonder...

Yup.

Now stay there for hours screaming for help.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dareon posted:

Yup.

It's the little things like this that tell me the devs really love their game. They didn't have to do that for people to take pictures/have a laugh, but they did.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can never remember, I know it's easy to go default but does Fashion Report go off what you're wearing or what it's glammed to?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

I can never remember, I know it's easy to go default but does Fashion Report go off what you're wearing or what it's glammed to?

Glams.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Cleretic posted:

By the way, this is a great picture to show that every custom delivery NPC has a slightly different visual for their turnin window. Kai-Shirr clearly can't sign his name for poo poo, Zhloe's has residue from her sister's stickers in the corner while Eo Tyr's been doodling on Anden's, and Anden and Kai-Shirr use a slightly different stationery than everyone else.

That's amazing, I never noticed. I'm going to log on today just to look at the all the custom delivery windows.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kurenai’s stationery has some cursive Japanese Hingan that says いつもありがとうございます which is a more business-speak way of saying thank you very much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How have I never looked at Radiant Finale's animation before now?

Between that and the song animations I appreciate the implication is a Bardic performance is strumming a harp three times and then a couple of notes on a violin for the finale.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 10, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/buncrimes/status/1624183196307886083?s=46&t=uRQrPZFSMGILImWzLvggXQ

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I should dress up for this cutscene, I don't want to meet Emperor Varis in an aloha shirt.

Much better.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Go in with the Halloween Bedsheet Ghost costume give him a real good scare.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Close, but I think you win.

you must live, die, and know.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's a Red Letter Day in the Stormblood LP

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I finally got around to unlocking bard, went looking for beginner's tips to performance mode or sheet music, and was immediately incredibly loving disappointed that the entire community is just hunched around an automated player.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The first day performance mode came out I went to Limsa and jammed some Linkin Park manually, and someone immediately came up and gave me praise in emote form. Live your truth

Idk if there's really gonna be much in terms of game-specific advice for playing, just lay out the buttons however you like and then look up actual sheet music I guess?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Yeah it’s just a midi keyboard interface, so… you either putz around with your computer keyboard or use key pressing tools.

I remember people hooking up usb capable electric pianos to their computers and mapping the piano keys to keyboard presses, but that’s a big involved thing with multiple programs.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

1stGear posted:

I finally got around to unlocking bard, went looking for beginner's tips to performance mode or sheet music, and was immediately incredibly loving disappointed that the entire community is just hunched around an automated player.

As I understand it the people who play with MIDI keyboards/digital pianos also do so by using one of the MIDI-to-XIV translation programs. Reading the MIDI output from your keyboard is a lot easier than trying to set up alphanumeric keybinds for your digital piano, which is almost certainly done via the MIDI the output anyhow.

I think most people who want to actually perform music find all the limitations of 14's performance mode -- no polyphony, no volume control, painful input lag, probably others -- to be a little too much to deal with. You're left with the people who don't really want to play music as much as they want to have music played, which is why so much of the community is about playing recordings while in ensemble mode.

There are of course exceptions, and none of that should stop anyone from checking it out.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh, wild. When I logged on this morning I saw that Brynhildr was set to Congested, and out of curiosity I took a look. Apparently every world on Crystal is set to Congested. Anyone notice when that happened, or was it recent?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

M.c.P posted:

Yeah it’s just a midi keyboard interface, so… you either putz around with your computer keyboard or use key pressing tools.

I remember people hooking up usb capable electric pianos to their computers and mapping the piano keys to keyboard presses, but that’s a big involved thing with multiple programs.

Thankfully there's a Dalamud plugin nowadays that makes using a usb/midi keyboard quite easy so you don't have to gently caress around with binds/other programs: https://github.com/reckhou/MidiBard2

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Onean posted:

Huh, wild. When I logged on this morning I saw that Brynhildr was set to Congested, and out of curiosity I took a look. Apparently every world on Crystal is set to Congested. Anyone notice when that happened, or was it recent?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f0c4ab3256e5d02d8691a52726c982009902aa22

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, I didn't go back far enough. I just checked what showed up on the main page.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I followed the Gshade -> Reshade setup after that recent drama, but the KeepUI.fx that prevents shaders from applying to UI elements has a few (known) issues with a few job gauges.

Is this something someone out there is even working on? Anyone have any idea where I could go to even find out when some sort of update might become available?

InventorOfTrees fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 11, 2023

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

InventorOfTrees posted:

I followed the Gshade -> Reshade setup after that recent drama, but the KeepUI.fx that prevents shaders from applying to UI elements has a few (known) issues with a few job gauges.

Is this something someone out there is even working on? Anyone have any idea where I could go to even find out when some sort of update might become available?

It's the same KeepUI.fx, gshade itself did something to fix the issue and no one knows what yet. There's an alternative technique to achieve the same goal going around, try this out: https://github.com/4lex4nder/ReshadeEffectShaderToggler-FFXIV_UIONLY

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
that looks very promising, thanks!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got Ninja to 80 tonight and the random wheel spin said next up is Dragoon. First and most important step is always glamour.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what's the best method for grinding level 1 and 2 combat materia for the ARR relics? Figured I'd slap on some low level gear on my BLU mage to multitask while I'm farming fates for the books, but it's slow going.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Sudden thought: were there no new haircuts in 6.3? Are Viera and Hrothgar cuts taking up the dev time or will they be 6.3x rewards?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Sudden thought: were there no new haircuts in 6.3? Are Viera and Hrothgar cuts taking up the dev time or will they be 6.3x rewards?

We got new island hairs a few months ago.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't think there have been new haircuts in every major patch. Just most of them. But I'm sure there's a lot of backend work to make Hrothgar haircuts even work since they don't really have any right now.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

So what's the best method for grinding level 1 and 2 combat materia for the ARR relics? Figured I'd slap on some low level gear on my BLU mage to multitask while I'm farming fates for the books, but it's slow going.

It's way easier and faster to get DoH materia from spiritbonding than DoW, honestly. Then either do transmutation to the DoW materia or just use the gil you make from selling the DoH materia to buy them on
the MB.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Transmutation? Wait, this is coming back to me... you can give the guy materia and he gives you back materia, right? I didn't think that could work with crafto/gathero into combat. Ixali quests let you get a good chunk of level 1s and 2s from their vendor if you're deep into them, so...

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
ok I understand porting old hats will take time, but why are they adding NEW hats that don't work on viera wtf

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Because viera and hrothgar were half-assed jobs and they still don't bother to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Craft and overmeld some level 15-30 equipment that can be equipped by any job.
Overmeld it with cheap materia, chug some boosters like superior spiritbond potion, better crowned pie, and/squadron spirit bonding manuals.
Then equip your farming gear as a crafter and bulk synthesize 8000 iron ingots or whatever else you feel like crafting out of vendor materials.