Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Cthulu Carl posted:

Joe Buck sounds like a dude kinda impersonating Joe Buck, Troy sounds like a just a rando. I just kinda assumed it was dudes reading an AI generated script.

It's the opposite, I think. The script is definitely human-written, but the voices are generated by AI, you can tell by the unnatural placement of the pauses.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everyone's mean dunking on Rodgers for spending his days in a pitch black room in the offseason.

Tua's been doing it since week 6.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My favorite part was the predictable but still great injury music.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's official. Deep discount dot com field at paycor stadium. wrong thread

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Black Lighter posted:

Jared Goff not imploding against the Patriots defense

this was always going to happen

there's no universe where it doesn't

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 12, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jake Plummer content

https://twitter.com/snakestakes/status/1624470623220031491?s=46&t=9mot0OOun5WYlZjgqKtjag

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

fartknocker posted:

Both franchises having won the Super Bowl in very recent memory (Even though for the Eagles they've turned over almost the entire roster and the coaching staff is different) also lowers the stakes a good bit for people outside the respective fanbases or their rivals.

Bingo, this is how I feel. I don't have a positive or negative opinion for either franchise right now. I hope it is a slugfest, but there is no story behind tomorrow. My dad who really doesn't follow the NFL said "I am so sick of Mahomes. He is a great player and seems like a good guy but he is in every drat commercial so I am totally sick of him" and I can't disagree. Hurts and the Eagles don't have that perspective, but I still don't care. So I hope they have a close, tense game and that my carne asada nachos are epic.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Bets are in:

$50 on the chiefs ML (+105)
$50 on no one having a lead of greater than 14.5 points
$50 on first score of the game being a FG
$50 on Travis Kelce anytime TD
$50 on shortest TD of the game being over 1.5 yds
$25 on Kelce over 7.5 catches
$25 on Kelce over 78.5 yards

Apps are ready.

LFG.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't even care who wins I just want a decent game after getting blueballed and nut punched by the championship games.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
The day of days.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't even care who wins I just want a decent game after getting blueballed and nut punched by the championship games.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

31-10 Eagles, another Eagles fan eats horse poop after the win

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

31 - 21 birds

Easy win

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Have the Eagles had comeback victories this season? If the Chiefs get ahead by a bit then I am concerned that Philly can't overcome the deficit.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

Have the Eagles had comeback victories this season? If the Chiefs get ahead by a bit then I am concerned that Philly can't overcome the deficit.

Only one last minute one against the Colts. Can't remember another big one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1212013076272308224?t=ILSGGD6Gki7jflP0fXnoNg&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Best city on earth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's true. Allofit.gif. This is the big day

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1624726147757142016

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Here we loving go.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Android Apocalypse posted:

They've had a few. Honestly, I'd worry less about "can the Eagles come back from down a few scores?" and more about "if the Eagles jump ahead by a few scores, do they allow Kansas City to get right back into it?" There were plenty of games this year where the Eagles dominated for long stretches and then pulled up a bit only to watch their opponent start making it a game again. That poo poo won't fly against the Chiefs.

The Super Bowl morning nervousness is setting in. Game might as well be a coin flip, I think, but the Eagles' path to victory is probably a bit wider.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 12, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trade Aaron Rodgers to a toilet. For dookie.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

They've had a few. Honestly, I'd worry less about "can the Eagles come back from down a few scores?" and more about "if the Eagles jump ahead by a few scores, do they allow Kansas City to get right back into it?" There were plenty of games this year where the Eagles dominated for long stretches and then pulled up a bit only to watch their opponent start making it a game again. That poo poo won't fly against the Chiefs.

The Super Bowl morning nervousness is setting in. Game might as well be a coin flip, I think, but the Eagles' path to victory is probably a bit wider.

A big part of the reason they pulled it off against the Patriots was Pederson being aggressive and not taking his foot off the gas until the clock hit zero. I hope Sirianni takes the same approach.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1624806864759160836

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

A big part of the reason they pulled it off against the Patriots was Pederson being aggressive and not taking his foot off the gas until the clock hit zero. I hope Sirianni takes the same approach.

Also because noted fraud, Tom Brady, can’t catch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Also because noted fraud, Tom Brady, can’t catch.

I forget, was this before or after the Foles TD? It's funny one way or the other no matter what, just wondering which team was like 'oh we have one of those type of plays in our playbook too.'

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Grittybeard posted:

I forget, was this before or after the Foles TD? It's funny one way or the other no matter what, just wondering which team was like 'oh we have one of those type of plays in our playbook too.'

Before.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

It was before which made it infinitely more hilarious.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Last decent football game for the next 7 months. I hope it’s a good one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My Super Bowl host who is walking distance from my place told everybody show up at 1:30 and bring absolutely nothing. I’m nervous they will have everything we need but if they do what a baller move and I have to say just astounding hosting duties.

Hopefully there’s cooked birds

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Current Super Bowl party plans is Jalapeno Popper wrapped in bacon, homemade cheesecake bites covered in chocolate, and chicken wings idk

Oh, and a horrifying vodka/skittles concoction I made

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1624770386691776515?t=hLoRcKFmiilnCO4shsOc_w&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1624830736686620681?t=BNkiL2hflAQQOuvmUvrg7Q&s=19

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I have sent this tweet to several people and either gotten zero response or confusion and I am reevaluating all my life choices

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Can anyone tell definitively if using the Fox Sports App on a tv or apple tv will *actually* be a real 4k stream? Internet articles seem to vary if its upscaled or not.

Curious as a friend got a fuckoff size 4k tv (87"?) recently and we're watching it there, figure this is the time to try to get the best quality. She has cable (Charter) whose app sucks, so we're thinking either sign in to Fox with the charter account or OTA antnenna, which i slikely 720p or something.

I see that one can sign up to fubotv on a trial to do this but meh don't want to do that, just use existing service options.

Cheers and go.. whatever team I find myself rooting for mid game?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

falz posted:

Can anyone tell definitively if using the Fox Sports App on a tv or apple tv will *actually* be a real 4k stream? Internet articles seem to vary if its upscaled or not.

Curious as a friend got a fuckoff size 4k tv (87"?) recently and we're watching it there, figure this is the time to try to get the best quality. She has cable (Charter) whose app sucks, so we're thinking either sign in to Fox with the charter account or OTA antnenna, which i slikely 720p or something.

I see that one can sign up to fubotv on a trial to do this but meh don't want to do that, just use existing service options.

Cheers and go.. whatever team I find myself rooting for mid game?

I have a lovely cheap antenna I'm gonna try to use since I figure the YouTube TV stream will be 20+ seconds behind, even at the cost of some resolution

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We just bought a cheap digital antenna for today, don't wanna gently caress around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

triple sulk posted:

I have a lovely cheap antenna I'm gonna try to use since I figure the YouTube TV stream will be 20+ seconds behind, even at the cost of some resolution

Youtube usually ends up 5-10 for me so milage varies. I'll likely be using it because weather is not forecast to cooperate