Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

so I never paid much attention to the blogs, but reading them mixed with the comics now and Teodor tormenting Onstad with Risotto for weeks straight is killing me

Yeah the Risotto arc is hilarious

Also last night finally ordered myself the cookbooks, also nabbed a shirt since they were still on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

best way to depict hamburger helper in a puzzle

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I love you Steve DeNeuve, but you can't marinade shrimp for 17 to 23 hours, they're start getting mushy after at most eight! But hey, I guess he's an animal transportation expert, not a cook. We can tell because he's the only person I've ever seen that, when presented with options, goes for one of those Svenhard danish in a bag things.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I was thinking about it and some of my favorite moments are when two characters only have a single interaction in the whole series. Because there's no precedent, there's no way to predict how it turns out but it seems natural in retrospect.

Example:

Blister freely roasting Nice Pete. It's by far the most fearless and antagonistic anyone was ever at to Pete. (Pat a distant second). I like to think the squirrels coast in and out of the afterlife so often that the threat of death from a serial killer is a minor inconvenience.

Little Nephew and Teodor. It starts out with Nephew acting in character and then slowly plays out as an awkward, codified drug deal.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Scags McDouglas posted:

I was thinking about it and some of my favorite moments are when two characters only have a single interaction in the whole series. Because there's no precedent, there's no way to predict how it turns out but it seems natural in retrospect.

See also Ramses and Iorweth embarassing themselves over a stand mixer, Lyle and Vlad going out during the GOF to fight in the yard, Teodor getting a boner while hugging Molly, all classic moments.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

disagree with teodor and molly. they have an extensive rapport after molly and beef move in together which mostly consists of teodor acting exactly how you’d expect him to

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Youremother posted:

See also Ramses and Iorweth embarassing themselves over a stand mixer, Lyle and Vlad going out during the GOF to fight in the yard, Teodor getting a boner while hugging Molly, all classic moments.

As much as my brain is eroding into cheese, "pale blue cast of dawn" has permanent residence.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Anyone know why Brain Tape stopped updating for the past few weeks? I was really enjoying season 2 and I want more.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Scags McDouglas posted:

Blister freely roasting Nice Pete.
I went sorta looking for this but ended up just browsing and happened to run into it; it's at/near the end of Toilet Party which spins off a bunch of hilarious like two-strip mini-arcs.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
GUY'S A DOUCHE

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SacrificialGoat posted:

Anyone know why Brain Tape stopped updating for the past few weeks? I was really enjoying season 2 and I want more.

One hour ago they tweeted https://twitter.com/braintapepod/status/1625216899251576832?s=20

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is "that's all right, cause that's okay" an Achewoodism? It's not in the strips old enough to be on ohnorobot but it sure feels like one.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is "that's all right, cause that's okay" an Achewoodism? It's not in the strips old enough to be on ohnorobot but it sure feels like one.

You were very close!

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252007

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"That's alright, cause that's ok" actually sounds better to my ears, but that's probably because Stayin Alive goes "well, it's alright, it's ok"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

"Some ain't need to be stoned in order to have strange cares" is never more than an inch from the front of my mind

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Phy posted:

"That's alright, cause that's ok" actually sounds better to my ears, but that's probably because Stayin Alive goes "well, it's alright, it's ok"
yeah I one hundred percent thought I was thinking of Stayin' Alive but then it turned out I was not

also, it finally happened:

:patriot:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You know what ain't alright or okay?

quote:

Hello,
Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order. We've canceled the item and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below.

=================================================================================================

Order #111-111111111-11111
Placed on Sunday, February 9, 2020

Achewood: The Complete Canon (1)
Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC

I just celebrated the third birthday of that order.

edit: beaten

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sure, but you had order #111-111111111-11111! That wins every time.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Dang and blast, came by to post my cancellation too.

Maybe next time!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The end! No moral.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've had so much enjoyment out of achewood over the years...why won't he let me buy that collection :cry:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Chas McGill posted:

I've had so much enjoyment out of achewood over the years...why won't he let me buy that collection :cry:

When an internet man won't sell you his book, it's like being tied down and watching your dad get beat up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidspackage posted:

When an internet man won't sell you his book, it's like being tied down and watching your dad get beat up.

Yeah, it's like being bitten on the stomach by a horse.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

In other words, we all died a bit today. Welcome to the only game in town.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol good thing a goon put all that stuff up in pdf

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Chas McGill posted:

I think it's more due to Oni Press more or less imploding

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pegboy had that's alright and that's OK on Strong Reaction.

Source-- I sing that poo poo all the time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Yeah, I think this one isn't on Onstad. Mostly it's just making me regret that I only ever bought one or two volumes of the little white self-pubbed books and now I assume it's impossible to get them / they'd cost a skrillion dollars

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

haha how bad could it be

wikipedia posted:

In June 2022, Jones and Chu were fired by Polarity,[10][25][26] followed by Lehmann leaving the company.[27][28] In July the company laid off senior VP of sales and marketing Alex Segura, sales manager Henry Barajas, senior editor Amanda Meadows, and editor Jasmine Amiri.[29][30] Senior vice president of games and operations Steve Ellis and associate publisher Michelle Nguyen remained with the company.[31] Additionally, Oni Press cancelled both their floor space[32][33] and their panels at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con.[30][31] Also in July 2022, Christina "Steenz" Stewart – an Oni freelancer and former Lion Forge editor – alleged on social media that Oni Press wasn't paying creators their royalties,[34][35][33] with several Oni creators responding with similar complaints.[35]
... :ohdear:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
drat, hope he can secure another publisher

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

did oni’s downfall come because they published genderqueer because the timeline appears to align :smith:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm sure there's come chuddy youtube channels making that case

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I was poised to joke about the scott pilgrim money running dry but the real circumstances seem to be less funny

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
ONI published KC Green's Graveyard Quest, which I bought as a small child despite having no clue what the hell it was. drat good comic.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

mutantIke posted:

ONI published KC Green's Graveyard Quest, which I bought as a small child despite having no clue what the hell it was. drat good comic.

K C Green is great in general. His guest issue in the Invader Zim comic is the best IMHO.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

mutantIke posted:

gently caress I'm old.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04302007

It's a thing! Kind of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef93WmlEho0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

There's one on route 66 outside of Albuquerque although apparently it's not marked any more: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/musical-highway