Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

goatface posted:

He's cut all those costs to buy a whole superbowl break where he will sit on a stool and deliver his tight five.

That's cartoon supervillain evil.

:widowsnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

kazil posted:

twitter isn't paying rent they aren't going to pay for a super bowl ad
Rent isn't as important as Musk getting a whole bunch of people to look at his face.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Archonex posted:

I wonder though, are they even paying a company like that anymore? Elon's so desperate to recoup his losses that I have to wonder if they even have a liaison or something to the company assigned. Never mind fulfilling contractual obligations.

Elon has a poor track record of that at best (much like Trump, some of his past legal cases suggest that he doesn't follow through on obligations if he can lawyer his way out of them after the fact) and it would be genuinely hilarious if whatever company just didn't bother since whatever payments that were due were defaulted on due to his usual backroom antics.

The tell is failing to pay rent on MULTIPLE Twitter HQ buildings IMO. If those bills aren't getting paid, neither are others most likely.

Also whoever dealt with the company that would normally keep the Twitter.com domain safeguarded was probably out the door months ago, along with anyone close to them in Twitter's hierarchy that had enough understanding to say "Hey, we gotta renew the domain soon."

I don't expect the domain to lapse, but goddamn do I want it to. If only to see who grabs it first and see what they do with it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Roblo posted:

In other news that Hyundai looks so much better than a Tesla. Christ.

I'm amazed at how far both Hyundai and fuckin Kia have come. I worked in a Kia dealership in 2008, if you'd told me then that in 2023 I'd be wishing I had the scratch to buy a Kia Telluride because I think it's the most practical vehicle for having 2 kids and living up serious nasty dirt roads and sometimes needing to haul big poo poo.

If you offered me a base Telluride or the high end* of newish Subaru 3-row thing for free, I am pretty sure I'd go with the Telluride unless I wasn't prohibited from selling the subaru for a telluride and keeping the difference.

* I just mean the high end of the normal model, not the limited turbo ones. If they're doing those, yeah, I'd take that, vrmmm pshsssshshs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hate most modern cars with a passion but the hyundai genesis sedan and suv look pretty good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hyundai Motor Group makes really good cars.

Tesla makes garbage.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The tell is failing to pay rent on MULTIPLE Twitter HQ buildings IMO. If those bills aren't getting paid, neither are others most likely.

Also whoever dealt with the company that would normally keep the Twitter.com domain safeguarded was probably out the door months ago, along with anyone close to them in Twitter's hierarchy that had enough understanding to say "Hey, we gotta renew the domain soon."

I don't expect the domain to lapse, but goddamn do I want it to. If only to see who grabs it first and see what they do with it.

Someone needs a site that mirrors Twitter's API responses so that they just spit out links to goatse, just in case the domain lapses.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

...! posted:

My understanding is that Jeffrey's first order of business when he bought this site was to completely unfuck the backend.
And before, the load bearing slur in January 2020. The apparently dumb as hell infrastructure hosting was quick to go after he took over through.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wonder if maybe we get a comically low block limit rather than blue being unblockable

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Blue can only be blocked by blue unless you're royal blue, like Elon. Then you can't be blocked.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

paywalling blocks is definitely where this is going

Twitter basic: 0 blocks

Twitter Blue: max 100 blocks

pay $20/month for unlimited blocks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

goatface posted:

Blue can only be blocked by blue unless you're royal blue, like Elon. Then you can't be blocked.

lol Elon is legacy blue

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Isn't there already a script running at regular intervals that removes any blocks on Elon and his crushes?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

potato! posted:

paywalling blocks is definitely where this is going

Twitter basic: 0 blocks

Twitter Blue: max 100 blocks

pay $20/month for unlimited blocks!

Nothing a little scripting probably couldn't solve. Of course, without API access those scripts will have to scrape the whole thing constantly so sounds like a great idea to me. Let's do it!

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Steadiman posted:

Nothing a little scripting probably couldn't solve. Of course, without API access those scripts will have to scrape the whole thing constantly so sounds like a great idea to me. Let's do it!

paywalling pageloads will limit the script bots

for every dumb problem, there exists a dumber solution

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splicer posted:

Isn't there already a script running at regular intervals that removes any blocks on Elon and his crushes?

There may be weird stuff going on, but I blocked him near the start of all this and he's remained blocked every since.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

There may be weird stuff going on, but I blocked him near the start of all this and he's remained blocked every since.
Ah, there were people saying that their Elon blocks were disappearing but I had no way to verify.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Seems like there's a campaign to drum up support for Tesla's stock price, especially on FB I keep getting ads for "Tesla is the underdog invest of the year" and "Bull investors think Tesla is still worth investing in."

MrQwerty posted:

Hyundai Motor Group makes really good cars.

Tesla makes garbage.

Yeah, Hyundai has a history of success and understanding how to make cars. I'm also seeing a lot of FB ads around "Why I'm investing and betting on Tesla instead of Ford and VW for EVs."

Its obvious its all an attempt to drum up value.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Guy tries to be

1. the owner
2. the boss making all decisions
3. of of those people who are treated unfairly by Twitter because of the algorithm

You can't do that. It's too stupid. Nobody will believe you. It's an insult even to those right-wing nuts.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Guy tries to be

1. the owner
2. the boss making all decisions
3. of of those people who are treated unfairly by Twitter because of the algorithm

You can't do that. It's too stupid. Nobody will believe you. It's an insult even to those right-wing nuts.

4. First line tech support

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

sinky posted:

4. First line tech support

Didn't he have a 'Twitter Helpdesk' handle for a while? God. He's such a douche.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man, when you look at the poo poo Musk "likes" on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1624514721377579008?s=20&t=pIMUhWtUz7VYL00PbqBWTw

https://twitter.com/Saikmedi/status/1624416490849021954?s=20&t=pIMUhWtUz7VYL00PbqBWTw

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Dude pretending like artistic fields haven’t been chock full of the gays since time immemorial.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
The gently caress is this mess? I recognize the words but the order makes absolutely no sense. Am I having a stroke?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Splicer posted:

Ah, there were people saying that their Elon blocks were disappearing but I had no way to verify.

Can confirm this happened to me twice before the new year. Has remained blocked since though.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

twitter isn't paying rent they aren't going to pay for a super bowl ad

But him finding out he's going to be portrayed negatively in a Super Bowl commercial might explain why he just unfollowed @NFL. That or he got mad that the NFL never responded to his Super Bowl tweet last week, depriving him of that precious validation.

It's never quite clear what'll anger this baby.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Not listening to me shout the n word is censorship

https://twitter.com/Tesla_Dawg/status/1624681092514037760

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
People misunderstanding what “free speech” is will never get old. What they really want is “freedom from consequences”

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Frank Frank posted:

People misunderstanding what “free speech” is will never get old. What they really want is “freedom from consequences”

If I could have one superpower that would be it, complete freedom from consequences. Either that or complete mastery of time, space, matter, and energy. I think the former kind of folds into the latter, though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
People who yearn for the OG free speech days of being able to stand on a box in "speakers corner" in Hyde park and give lectures to the people, forget that the people were able to throw a staggering variety of poo poo at them if they didn't like what they said, and in extreme cases wait outside the gates to lynch them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

DRINK ME posted:

In the same thought they ask why blocking exists, explain why blocking exists, and asks for blocking to exist but called muting.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

...! posted:

But him finding out he's going to be portrayed negatively in a Super Bowl commercial might explain why he just unfollowed @NFL. That or he got mad that the NFL never responded to his Super Bowl tweet last week, depriving him of that precious validation.

It's never quite clear what'll anger this baby.

Could be this? https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/12/business/super-bowl-ad-tesla-full-self-driving/index.html

quote:

It shows a Tesla Model 3, which allegedly has the Full Self-Driving mode turned on, running over a child-sized dummy on a school crosswalk, and then a fake baby in a stroller, in a series of tests by the Dawn Project. In the ad, the car swerves into oncoming traffic, zooms past stopped school buses, and cruises through “do not enter” signs.

“Tesla’s Full Self-Driving is endangering the public,” the ad said. “With deceptive marketing and woefully inept engineering.”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

also, you know elon 100% uses the term "sportsball"

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

zedprime posted:

In the same thought they ask why blocking exists, explain why blocking exists, and asks for blocking to exist but called muting.

concerning

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DRINK ME posted:

Lol ten days after they only allow muting cat turd is going to complain and Elon will get rid of muting.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

also, you know elon 100% uses the term "sportsball"

Likes a tweet containing "handegg" after having it explained to him, then using it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Archonex posted:

I wonder though, are they even paying a company like that anymore? Elon's so desperate to recoup his losses that I have to wonder if they even have a liaison or something to the company assigned. Never mind fulfilling contractual obligations.

Elon has a poor track record of that at best (much like Trump, some of his past legal cases suggest that he doesn't follow through on obligations if he can lawyer his way out of them after the fact) and it would be genuinely hilarious if whatever company just didn't bother since whatever payments that were due were defaulted on due to his usual backroom antics.

new twitter being uncommunicative or late on payments to their brand manager wouldn't be surprising but those companies will really bend over backwards to deal with elons bullshit

you go to those companies when you want to be 1000% sure your domain is secure no matter what happens, and losing such a high profile domain as twitter.com for any reason would be terrible for that image

keep an eye on the whois records for elon moving the domain to godaddy to save a few bucks though

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
godaddy had some regressive poo poo for a while before giving them the boot. So Musk will go to them. oh and then those other pro regressive hosting services.

Also Musk, having written code in the 90s is a supa coder and definitely isnt going from surface level commercials of GD or some other stuff.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Cloudflare loves Nazis so he can go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If my bosses at the large multinational corporation I software develop for routinely insisted I work not only weekends, but "long days" over the weekends, I would quit on the spot. In the couple of years I've been here, I have worked overtime maybe two times, and have seen someone get asked to work over the weekend once, and they were then immediately told to take two days off when the panic had passed.

I feel extremely bad for the people who can't do that due to visa reasons or whatever, but jesus loving christ at this loving shame golem acting like it's somehow great or admirable that he keeps his poor staff at the office seven days a week, working on crucial problems like "my tweets aren't getting as many likes as I want".