Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I may just wait for the next wrap-up expansion, I'm still a little burned out lol

The changes seem good though

Pirate Jet posted:

corcle good trongle bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Isn't he in charge of expanded media properties now? I swear there was a whole thing about him getting moved off to one side and Joe Blackburn almost instantly dropping a twab that undid a bunch of things that had pissed off the playerbase forever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The higher he gets in the hierarchy, the less he is personally dictating to the creative departments what to do. He probably still has input on game content but he isn’t in every design meeting and signing off on every season proposal like he would have done in the past

We don’t even have any Destiny products that aren’t the core game yet other than minor fan bait like tie-in comics so we really have no idea what he does all day now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also man, I really want to replay Destiny 1

Or like, some big curated thing to go through the major beats from D1 to what'll be the end of the plot or whatever the next expansion is going to do

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

he probably does the same thing he did before and his repurposing was ceremonial to generate excitement across the reddit sphere.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I tried playing D1 but it's really hard without mantling and class abilities. I don't mean in terms of skill, I mean in terms of really, really missing having those abilities.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Luke Smith basically saved Destiny 2 lol everyone else was for whatever dual primary 4v4 Joss Whedon bullshit that nearly killed the franchise

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hope we get some weather effects in the new zone. Europa owns bones with it's white outs

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Luke Smith basically saved Destiny 2 lol everyone else was for whatever dual primary 4v4 Joss Whedon bullshit that nearly killed the franchise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcBJ1Zfo_RI

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Is there something on this? I recall him being the guy responsible for that poo poo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

...as all things should be.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What would be "perfect" balanced stats work out to? +10 base, +2 MW +3 Artifice Bonus in LF x4 slots, = 60, 65 w/ mw artifice class item?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another thing about Dungeons is that they were all designed to be easily and flawlessly cleared by one single player. Being the second or third player on a fire team will just make it easier! Nothing to worry about at all as far as being a deadweight dungeon gamer

Then based on how pressured I felt while soloing the Xenophage quest, I must be the living embodiment of "skill issue".

Doing Spire of the Watcher in a group was fun though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Alright I finished up my big rear end lore theorizing/dump post. If I end up being right awesome, if not please forget I did this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyLore/comments/110xjt1/the_witness_witnessed/

tl;dr the witness is trying to merge itself with the fabric of reality, namely the Darkness. it does this not to destroy the universe, but to un-make it back to pre-creation ps. witness wrote unveiling

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

sorry, operation baby dog was the peak of destiny 2

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this is like the sixth or seventh time since season of plunder launched that i've had the game just poo poo itself at random and require reinstallation. there doesn't appear to be any consistent reason for it, either - sometimes it's in the middle of a fight, sometimes it's running around an empty room. utterly baffling.

https://i.imgur.com/MMdgXS7.mp4

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

i thought we all liked babydog. why wouldn't you like babydog? what kind of humorless husk are you (talking to no one in particular here)?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

devrim cracking up about it is badly overacted but zavala's confusion and resignation is good

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kith posted:

this is like the sixth or seventh time since season of plunder launched that i've had the game just poo poo itself at random and require reinstallation. there doesn't appear to be any consistent reason for it, either - sometimes it's in the middle of a fight, sometimes it's running around an empty room. utterly baffling.

I have been playing on PC since release and have never seen that myself. Maybe the hard drive it's on is dying?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Astrochicken posted:

i thought we all liked babydog. why wouldn't you like babydog? what kind of humorless husk are you (talking to no one in particular here)?

Considering what I've seen about the "vexplosion" line in SotW, its the redditors who are humorless husks

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

been on this screen for the better part of an hour. very cool

ponzicar posted:

I have been playing on PC since release and have never seen that myself. Maybe the hard drive it's on is dying?

i originally thought that but the past three times it's happened have been on a SSD that's less than two months old with a fresh install (since i did not trust simply moving the files)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

devrim cracking up about it is badly overacted but zavala's confusion and resignation is good

Lance Reddick owns

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Kith posted:

i originally thought that but the past three times it's happened have been on a SSD that's less than two months old with a fresh install (since i did not trust simply moving the files)

I had an issue a while back where my PC ran fine, but destiny specifically would crash it at random times. Reinstalling seemed to help, but I eventually ran memtest and discovered one of my sticks was starting to fail

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I tried playing D1 but it's really hard without mantling and class abilities. I don't mean in terms of skill, I mean in terms of really, really missing having those abilities.
I flip back and forth between playing D2 and playing Satisfactory and man do I miss mantling in the latter.

Cheap Trick posted:

Then based on how pressured I felt while soloing the Xenophage quest, I must be the living embodiment of "skill issue".
3GC has some weird definition of "easily", but their point does stand that all dungeons are designed to be possible to solo. So while bosses may take half a dozen damage phases to kill, you'll never run into mechanics that require more than one person.

I wish they would scale boss health or damage phase durations to fireteam size though, just to make solo dungeons a bit less of a slog. Ghalran is a clear example of this, where the mechanics phase can be done in one trip into the nightmare realm if you're in a team, but you need two trips if you do it solo meaning you need to spend several more minutes doing mechanics between each damage phase in addition to requiring more damage phases. There's a trick to extending the damage phase by ~10 seconds, but it still takes way too long and there's a bunch of bullshit physics that can randomly kill you no matter how well you play.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kith posted:

Kith posted:

Had this happen alot the past year too. Usually I just restarted the game and its fine. The last time I had to do that verification thing, didn't take an hour though. The game has a memory leak or something the longer you play.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Will someone with Atmos help me out? I have a 7.2.4 system and suddenly, all gun sounds for destiny are coming out of the left surround instead of the fronts. Is everyone experiencing this?

Can someone please let me know if they're experiencing this too on a surround sound system? It's happening on both Xbox & PS5 for me. I've been having some issues with my AVR, so I'm worried that might actually be the issue.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i uninstalled and reinstalled and experienced this not even a half hour later:

so i did a bunch of digging and it appears to be caused by a corrupt crash log dump in my user folder. deleted that and have not experienced problems since.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

so i did a bunch of digging and it appears to be caused by a corrupt crash log dump in my user folder. deleted that and have not experienced problems since.

This feels like an appropriate "so we put crashes in your crash logs, dawg!" moment

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Kith posted:

thats a bad roll for a sidearm op, hope this helps

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I wonder if the upgrade to kinetic damage in Lightfall is going to make High Albedo a PvE sleeper hit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

thats a bad roll for a sidearm op, hope this helps

It is! But I have strange perk preferences because I do not play this game properly, so I always give guns with my favorite perks at least a cursory inspection before I pass judgement

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lightfall and the Year Ahead

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/lightfall-year-ahead

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 13, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Kith posted:

It is! But I have strange perk preferences because I do not play this game properly, so I always give guns with my favorite perks at least a cursory inspection before I pass judgement

I respect that

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

quote:

Like our legacy raid and dungeon rotators, the Exotic mission rotator will feature Exotic missions from the past that rotate on a weekly cadence and offer great rewards for players willing to dive into some classic content. In Season 22, this rotator will contain the Exotic missions from Seasons 13, 16, and 19: Presage, Vox Obscura, and Operation: Seraph’s Shield.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

quote:

My name’s Joe. You may know me as the … the human with three different red border weapons equipped trying to complete ten separate bounties in a single match, but … I’m also the Game Director for Destiny 2.

And people think Luke Smith is the problem lol

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lol LFG getting pushed

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Aside from the Exotic Mission rotator, none of that really sounds that good to me? Making less weapons craftable and more reliant on RNG sounds really loving bad to me, a player who hasn't gotten a Subsistence/Frenzy Funnelweb even once since Witch Queen dropped.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Are we getting Battleground GMs? That's gonna be wild lmao

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

I mean I didn't expect anything at all about this but the sheer detail of everything else and not even mentioning Gambit is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

still reading but

quote:

Aside from predictability, we sometimes still hear a refrain that has been sung since the beginning of our journey: “There’s just not enough to do.”

has me worried lmao for the love of god do not slide back to the warmind grind