Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bridgen has been a tedious , dimwitted twat for years but he’s now yet another one who has had their brain well and truly melted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Utterly deranged

I think Dees might have been a bit more level-headed than this guy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although not level footed, because the mossad kept stealing one of each of his pairs of shoes.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Look man if you wanna go live in a cabin in the woods or whatever go do that and stop posting your poo poo on a computer that was probably made by Bill Gates esq

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Large sections of the commentariat are already hairless and chinless

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/soniasodha/status/1624821572845404161

Ask her why she ignored sexual abuse from Nick Cohen. go on, it'd be funny

Christ, her Twitter account sure is... something.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1624842216698007552
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1624794304001581056

:allears:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
This country blows loving rear end

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Im glad you finally feel like we're one country

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just back from London for the weekend and it was pretty nice, bit of an end-of-days vibe but not so much that you can't have a nice tourist time. Pretty happy we decided not to move there last year tho

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Im glad you finally feel like we're one country

We're stuck in the same vehicle

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve never left London feeling anything other than relief to be leaving London

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
yeah london is the worst (sorry twisto rip)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

London was horrible when I last visited 15 years ago.

I guess it hasn't improved since then?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I like London and I also live there

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I work with a guy who lives somewhere in zone 1 with his wife and kid and he's so so proud of it, and it kind of blows my mind the idea of raising a family somewhere where you can never even hear a bit of birdsong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was born in London it's loving shite

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I once worked in London for six months and commuted into zone one from a poo poo flatshare in Beckton on the docklands light rail. I've never been more depressed.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Never had a good experience in London, its a shithole, worst city in the UK by far and I'm including Edinburgh here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I've never had a bad experience in London, because I only ever go for live music. If money was no object I'd have liked to spend my 20s there, gone to a gig a night sort of thing. But money is an object so I lived in Glasgow & Invernessshire instead. One of those two was good

I suppose there was the time I was taking a break from an all-day event at the Purple Turtle in Camden and eating a sandwich on a bench when a guy comes up to me and asks if I was Polish, and when I confirmed I was Scottish he started ranting about the Poles coming over here and stealing our jobs. Which wasn't new to me but seeing it come from the mouth of a black guy was eye-opening

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 13, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Everytime I go to London I start channeling the guy in that tenants advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9h558Tz1E

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

That's funny, the idea of an Edinburgh person being generous to a homeless person, what a hoot

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I've only been to London once with a friend as a teenager and we figured that the Underground would be too complicated so we decided to walk everywhere. It was an awful idea.

Heading back later this year for a weekend though. Been over a decade now since I've been. I'm probably going to have to go another time on my own because I'll want to go around the museums and do a tour of Westminster and there's no way I could ethically convince anyone else to tag along for those.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
If I could afford it and if employers weren't so prejudiced against employing older people I would move back to London in a flash. Lived there 30 years and now living in the Styx and not being a car driver, everything is an expensive, time consuming pain in the rear end to get to.

But I am glad I wasn't in London for the COVID years.

I so miss being able to go to gigs on a whim, decent range of clothes shops, possibility to do evening classes, cinema, theatre, so many opportunities.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

What's the problem with that ad so caveated with warnings? Is it the idea that he chucked the 9-5 to get a beer with his mates instead?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's the real life version of the monty python sci fi sketch, everyone will move to edinburgh and drink tennants all day.

E: honestly my ideal life I think would be to live in a little house in staithes or something. Really do not like cities at all. Middlesbrough is already bigger than I like, little villages and towns are where I am happiest, with the sea and wind and open sky about.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 13, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Skull Servant posted:

I've only been to London once with a friend as a teenager and we figured that the Underground would be too complicated so we decided to walk everywhere. It was an awful idea.

As an idiot from the countryside whose public transport option is a bus that runs once an hour during the day and 3 times after 6pm, I want to talk to teen you and call him an idiot. The tube is extremely easy to use. Except at rush hour obviously

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The tube is great it’s just a shame about the shithole they built it under

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What's the problem with that ad so caveated with warnings? Is it the idea that he chucked the 9-5 to get a beer with his mates instead?

It's that he chucked the rat race in London to move back home where his mates are. And Tennants lovely lager.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

E: honestly my ideal life I think would be to live in a little house in staithes or something. Really do not like cities at all. Middlesbrough is already bigger than I like, little villages and towns are where I am happiest, with the sea and wind and open sky about.
Staithes looks lovely. I already live in a small town that's mostly brick terraced houses in the middle bit with some nice hills but all you can see from them is more midlands and there's no river you could put any kind of boat in and definitely no sea or cliffs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Staithes is beautiful, like a tiny pocket sized Whitby. But honestly any of the moors villages would be nice too, I love the country here dearly and I would love to live surrounded by the quiet and the greenery, small places where you can walk the whole length of it in half an hour.

But yeah it would be nice if we had better bus services so people can actually leave the village once in a while without being drivers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Skull Servant posted:

Heading back later this year for a weekend though. Been over a decade now since I've been. I'm probably going to have to go another time on my own because I'll want to go around the museums and do a tour of Westminster and there's no way I could ethically convince anyone else to tag along for those.

When I first visited London on my own for an interview at Queen Mary (Stepney green/ mile end) my interview was at 130pm and I got to Paddington about 1pm. I had some vague idea the tube would get you anywhere in 5 minutes having only been on it once some years before with my dad. So I found a chippy nearby (this was 1977) had a sit down lunch and at 125 went for the tube. Had no idea how or where to buy a ticket (didn't have gates then just a bored bloke in a booth) turned up eventually about 215pm. Luckily they were so disorganized at QM physics dept no-one noticed LOL. The disorganisation decided me to accept a place there.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Wow a Vietnamese spiritual guru person is donating £5000 to assist poor UK people being helped by Depher UK (I've mentioned them on here before). They were running really short of money earlier today. They buy groceries, fix boilers etc for people who can't afford it.
What a country we have become.

https://twitter.com/Depheruk/status/1624873733117603840

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/IMOmeteors/status/1624919502851907585?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Diane Abbott went on record saying that Priti Patel was trying comic book villain-level schemes with the Channel, but it was only the wave machines that Patel specifically denied.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I mean, if it somehow doesn't burn up it'll be a pretty impressive wave machine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is jeremy corbyn's fault, he voted for this.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AceClown posted:

I mean, if it somehow doesn't burn up it'll be a pretty impressive wave machine

C'mon Tunguska 2.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
loving unwanted comets, trying to cross the channel.
They''ll be getting free hotel rooms and 200 inch TVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They have a special gate for it at Heathrow

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 13, 2023