Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The_Doctor posted:

Last we saw of him, he was a garbage man, so it could be 50/50.

That's good work, probably unionised and he rocks out to metal on the clock all day, he's doin fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Before I became a full time homo, I was dating a girl who worked as a garbage person by day and a grave digger by night. She was built like a Brickhouse just all muscle. It was so sexy. Did not smell good but that was kind of part of the appeal. It was disgusting and debasing for both of us and that's what made the relationship work.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Too long for a thread title unfortunately

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Incelshok Na posted:

Before I became a full time homo, I was dating a girl who worked as a garbage person by day and a grave digger by night. She was built like a Brickhouse just all muscle. It was so sexy. Did not smell good but that was kind of part of the appeal. It was disgusting and debasing for both of us and that's what made the relationship work.

i'm gonna date your smelly ex

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i'm gonna date your smelly ex

I mean, you should be so lucky. Strong 5/5 stars from me. Goonspeed. They are a librarian now and transmasc so less stinky and even more muscular. They are married now but fidelity has never been their strong suit so you might have good luck!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just discovered this, it’s the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4deOtus5FY

Japanese people interpreting an extremely Japanese property through the lens of American animation of the 40s-60s shouldn’t work as well as it does.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey, is that Mario's overalls?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ok Ko is available for streaming on Hulu, and so is Uncle Grandpa. This might already be common knowledge, but I was pleasantly surprised to see they hadn't been completely scrubbed from the internet after being removed from HBO max.

Mao Mao, Infinity Train, Close Enough, and a bunch of other stuff remain gone though....

I guess there's some sort of weird licensing deal that allows Hulu to put up those two shows, but not the other removed cartoon network ones?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Guys I think the Mario movie is going to be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu57M7cjSD4

https://www.smbplumbing.com/

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
STOP

ZOOM, ENHANCE

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh yeah, every thing we've seen about it so far indicates it was made by skilled people who liked the source material and wanted to make a great movie from it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It made me realize how much my brain associates the Brooklyn accent with 80s cartoons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What's the "BrKlyn Couple" testimonial a reference to?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love the site is stuffed with easter eggs if you click on stuff. Just a few:
  • The "Certified Super" thing plays the mushroom power-up music
  • "As seen on TV" plays Mario Kart start music
  • The sewer leads to a movie poster
  • The wrench/"Call or text" at the top right of the page plays the Gamecube startup jingle

and if you click on Apply Now you get this page

which

ENHANCE

oh hey it's the mayor

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 12, 2023

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It's fascinating how this movie references the TV show, uses characters thought dead (like Spike) and even includes DKC characters that otherwise normally are never seen interacting with Mario's cast.

Really the only thing missing is some Wario action.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wario is obviously for the sequel after bowser stops being the big bad and starts joining them on Karting excursions

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wario HAS to be a mid credits thing right? This movie is going to make a billion dollars, so a sequel is going to end up happening and I think Wario will be a good tease for that during the credits. I do wonder if Bowser will be brought back for future movies, as he is the main villain. I'm guessing he gets lava'd at the end, but I suppose Kamek can just resurrect him. Thinking about it there's still a ton of things that haven't shown up in trailers yet that can be for future movies. SMB2 characters, the Koopalings, Bowser Jr, Rosalina (although one of the McDonalds toys is a Luma so maybe she's in this movie), Yoshi it sounds like doesn't really play a real role in this one.

Also I know they're different companies and one is full on animation and one is a hybrid, but I believe if anyone can make a Sonic and Mario crossover happen with these movies it's Tyson Hesse. Be the peoples' champion, Tyson

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God. I just realized. This is obviously going to make a billion dollars and obviously going to get sequels. And Wario will obviously be in them at some point.

With how in touch the people making it seem to be with Mario stuff, can you even imagine how incredible a movieverse Waluigi will be.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

a Mario & Sonic movie feels like in the same ballpark as near impossibilities like Sora in Smash Bros. and Goldeneye port.

and both have happened despite the legal legwork.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jealous, bitter evil sibling arc

Waluigu musical number singing about depression

Having Waaahhhhh accent on his whiny speech

Dressing like a total goon

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'd be more then thrilled if one of the sequels used RPG characters to have Bowser team up with the hero cast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cackletta would be cool, but I do not have confidence in them voicing Fawful right.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I thought the SMrpg characters were in some kind of Square/Nintendo rights hell like KH?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wario definitely feels like the kind of thing you save for the sequel rather than try and cram him into the first one with a ton of other stuff.

Macaluso posted:

Wario HAS to be a mid credits thing right? This movie is going to make a billion dollars, so a sequel is going to end up happening and I think Wario will be a good tease for that during the credits. I do wonder if Bowser will be brought back for future movies, as he is the main villain. I'm guessing he gets lava'd at the end, but I suppose Kamek can just resurrect him. Thinking about it there's still a ton of things that haven't shown up in trailers yet that can be for future movies. SMB2 characters, the Koopalings, Bowser Jr, Rosalina (although one of the McDonalds toys is a Luma so maybe she's in this movie), Yoshi it sounds like doesn't really play a real role in this one.

Also I know they're different companies and one is full on animation and one is a hybrid, but I believe if anyone can make a Sonic and Mario crossover happen with these movies it's Tyson Hesse. Be the peoples' champion, Tyson

Yeah, I'd bet that Wario and Walugi both pop up as mid-credit teasers for the next movie.

A Mario and Sonic crossover movie would make a LOT of money, so even though there's some legal loop holes to jump through I could still see it happening in the next few years.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Oh poo poo that is a real functional phone number you can call or text

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

HJE-Cobra posted:

Oh poo poo that is a real functional phone number you can call or text
So what does it do? I'm not making an international phone call just to find out.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

FilthyImp posted:

I thought the SMrpg characters were in some kind of Square/Nintendo rights hell like KH?

Yes, but again:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

So what does it do? I'm not making an international phone call just to find out.

Mario and Luigi come to your house and fix your plumbing, duh-doy.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Not much. You get a message from Luigi telling you to text and you just get their website texted to you if you text.

You do get a "It'sa me! Luigi!"

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

If you text it, you get this reply:

Text posted:

Thanks for your interest in Super Mario Bros. Plumbing! We're a family-owned and operated business, providing white glove plumbing services to Brooklyn and Queens. Please click the link to sign up to get exclusive updates, service offerings and more.

You can call it (and it is listed as a New York area code number!) to hear a prerecorded message from Charlie Day Luigi thanking you for calling for plumbing services and such. Pretty cool, I lol'd. I like his delivery of reading the phone number.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/CrudeCadaver/status/1624873061659951106

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I love the expression the actress is making when reading the cue cards
https://twitter.com/ZaiSFW/status/1624880996930949121?t=09GOGV1ZOug0JrWZKzoHlA&s=19

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Charlie Day is so perfect as Luigi.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FilthyImp posted:

I don't believe this is true anymore (if it ever was, since Super Mario RPG was on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles and the SNES Classic, and Geno's costume is DLC for Smash Ultimate).

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Captain Invictus posted:

can you even imagine how incredible a movieverse Waluigi will be.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

According to Twitter, the woman in the commercial is voiced by the voice actor that played Toadstool in the Mario Super Show. It does sound like her, but there doesn't appear to be an official source saying that yet

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Macaluso posted:

Guys I think the Mario movie is going to be good
this clip has a leg up over the movie though because it contains exactly 0 speaking parts for Chris Pratt

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

God. I just realized. This is obviously going to make a billion dollars and obviously going to get sequels. And Wario will obviously be in them at some point.

With how in touch the people making it seem to be with Mario stuff, can you even imagine how incredible a movieverse Waluigi will be.

Wario gets his own spin-off movie that’s 6-second Vine videos one after the other for 3 hours.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"Mansion?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Extremely Cursed