Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I have 800+ with Hunter, 500 with Shaman and Warrior, 200+ for everything else except Demon Hunter which is maybe 100? and Death Knight around 20. Gonna be a lot of work for the rest of them but I want those sweet sweet Gold cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I hit 1000 wins with Hunter a while back and I'm not too far off that with Mage. The rest of the original classes are 500+ to 800+.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hello fellow priest enjoyer /masochist

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

(extremely richard nixon voice) Jesus Christ.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Reported for self harm.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I wish there were different Legend card backs, better rewards for Ranked, and Wild appropriate rewards for Ranked Wild. If Standard and Wild had different rewards it might almost make playing Standard worth it. Ranked is such a loving grind for so little reward.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

one of druid's new mini-set cards is death beetle: 6/6/6 undead beast taunt manathirst (11): gain +4/+4 and charge. given that guff's rotating in april, I guess this means druid will get another way to break 10 mana in the next expansion

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Do... do you need to talk to someone?

Lol can't wait to see someone faceless manipulator this bullshit

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Over 1000 wins with Mage, Pally, Hunter, and Druid, noting I started playing way back when there was a Blizzard person in the thread who gave us all alpha keys.....games come a long long way since then.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Well Wild just got a LOT more annoying. Ugh

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

But here's the simple question... fuckin' WHY?

Time Warp is broken, who knew? Oh wait, everyone since CCGs have been a thing.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I can only 'hope' they let other classes go beyond 10 mana

(oh god that's what's going to happen isn't it)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

A neutral that takes you past 10 would not surprising after Prince Renathal. Auto-include in all the Wild Reno's most likely.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... also noticed they printed a really good 1 mana pirate for rogue

because clearly what pirate rogue needed was even more good cards

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Shaman cards are neat, Control Shaman might be a thing again. Well, if Druid doesn’t dominate the meta again because…

Blizzard loving why

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 12, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Olpainless posted:

... also noticed they printed a really good 1 mana pirate for rogue

because clearly what pirate rogue needed was even more good cards

That makes two 1 mana pirates for rogue this miniset

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yes, I feel bad for wild players

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Sharkfin Fan crying in a corner right now

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

RatHat posted:

The Shaman cards are neat, Control Shaman might be a thing again. Well, if Druid doesn’t dominate the meta again because…

Blizzard loving why

The fear of course is loving Guff staying in standard, I hope that it's actually a new card that allows for Druid to break 10 mana but in a much more limited way.. something like a card that increases your mana cap by 1 when you play it, instead of going all the way to 20.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

i got problems, okay

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Starsfan posted:

The fear of course is loving Guff staying in standard, I hope that it's actually a new card that allows for Druid to break 10 mana but in a much more limited way.. something like a card that increases your mana cap by 1 when you play it, instead of going all the way to 20.

Yeah I’m guessing 12 at max, but still that’s 20 damage from hand with 2 cards.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Neutral Quest that ups your mana capacity to 11/12/13 in response to spending 10/11/12 mana in a single turn would be pretty fair.

Give me a Neutral that takes it to 11 and I will be happy. So happy.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Starsfan posted:

I vaguely want them to ruin Hearthstone for the next year and add one Hero card for each class into Core. Not from the same sets or anything; I want Guff and Dr. Boom and Deathstalker Rexxar and just total endless garbage to destroy trying to play in the mode.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
no Inspire? smh

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Am I reading that right? It's a minimum 6/9 or 9/6 for 3 mana?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It’s a joke card. The real one just has combo, infuse 2, and manathirst 8, and caps out at 10/10.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Really funny to see that fel warlock got zero support for those alterac valley cards

e: as in warlock didn’t receive a single fel spell in the entire standard year lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 13, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

bravesword posted:

It’s a joke card. The real one just has combo, infuse 2, and manathirst 8, and caps out at 10/10.

I need sleep? Whoops. That should have been obvious lol

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Playing some Duels to use up the pile of arena tickets I've got, and ugh, there is nothing worse than having a great deck for your class, only to be guaranteed losses against Scarlet because 'discover a patchwerk every turn' is a fair and balanced hero power.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

From the latest patch notes:

quote:

[Hearthstone] All classes will now have Corpses tracked throughout the game, in case they generate a Corpse-spending card. The Corpse Counter will be displayed while there are any Death Knight cards in a zone you can see (like in your hand or in play).

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Genuinely good change

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I love playing Burgle Rogue or Thoughtsteal Priest and whenever I faced up against Death Knight I was sad

This is absolutely a good change and should have been in from the start

Also you can replay the Hearthstone Tutorial if you like! I hope after all these years I can beat Illidan, his fight was way too hard and not balanced in the slightest

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I'm not sure about that corpse change. On one hand, it does feel really bad to get a card you literally can't even play. That being said, there are only two of them (Corpse Explosion and Army of the Dead) that are literally unplayable; the rest of the corpse-spending cards are merely bad when you can't spend corpses to empower them.

On the other hand, one factor of keeping corpse spenders balanced is that you may not always have enough corpses to activate the effect or get a large benefit from it. Non-DK classes are not going to be spending corpses throughout the game and thus are pretty much guaranteed to get a strong result from getting a corpse spending card if they happen to generate, steal, or discover one.

This seems like it's effectively a buff to any deck that generates, steals, or discovers cards from other classes, and a nerf to DKs when playing against them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought… in this card game with classes that getting other’s classes cards would be not a boon but a slight handicap to play around. This feels.. bad, long term. Nerf DK by buffing DKs cards for the classes that can steal them?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I still want Runes to apply to in-game card generation. Let’s put in deck building limitation constructs, then a make it trivial to circumvent them!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Shockeh posted:

I still want Runes to apply to in-game card generation. Let’s put in deck building limitation constructs, then a make it trivial to circumvent them!

You could say the same thing about generating a third or more copy of cards you already have two of in your deck. Which is also a change that I wish they'd make. Constantly discovering extra copies of powerful cards after you've used three or four times already is such garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wild is going to be a Sea of endless Sear Priests until someone at Blizzard remembers that format exists and they implement some lovely fix that only hurts Wild. Ban #5 maybe?