Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

:siren::siren:RWN just dropped a Sy Hersh interview:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i watched the entire 1 hour + norm finklestein greyzone interview

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

COPE 27 posted:

:siren::siren:RWN just dropped a Sy Hersh interview:siren::siren:

and it’s unlocked/free for non subscribers

also hersh says this is/was his 1st interview on the article

https://twitter.com/markamesexiled/status/1624871143894093826

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

also hersh says this is/was his 1st interview on the article

Why would anyone want to interview the GOAT reporter that just got a huge scoop smdh

Smythe posted:

Hyped for this, hoping he can top his 20 minute explanation of a 99 cent bag of pretzels from Useful Idiots

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

COPE 27 posted:

Why would anyone want to interview the GOAT reporter that just got a huge scoop smdh

well he also said he got 1,600 emails, many of them media requests, in the 2.5 days since he published his piece

he also shits on bellingcat toward the end lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/notabigjerk/status/1624855220357300224?s=46&t=p_LD5Wy9mmWxJOTI0DcpxA

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

Review? Not sure I can watch my favorite cranky grampa slide further into potterbrain

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ron desanctimonious is what all the libs I know call Ron so trump pivoting is a good move.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gay ron

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

[trump and brandon in unison, to desantis] listen here fat,

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

well he also said he got 1,600 emails, many of them media requests, in the 2.5 days since he published his piece

he also shits on bellingcat toward the end lmao

no surprise as I'm pretty sure brown moses went hard against the article hersh wrote on syria and the white hats

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dreylad posted:

no surprise as I'm pretty sure brown moses went hard against the article hersh wrote on syria and the white hats

what a little toad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

what a little toad

there are so many little turds penning articles calling seymour hersh a conspiracy theorist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dreylad posted:

He did. Glenn greenwald and Aaron maté tore him apart in defense of Hersh.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there are so many little turds penning articles calling seymour hersh a conspiracy theorist
has he ever been wrong

who does he anger the most, democrats?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think he's pissed off everyone in the media by now.

My Lai, Abu Gharaib, Libya, Osama raid, US bombings in Laos/Cambodia.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

majour333 posted:

Review? Not sure I can watch my favorite cranky grampa slide further into potterbrain

its good on balance lots of stuff i agree w/ & also some bits of dumb old guy stuff but not much

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oops white helmets. and I forgot the founder was a british army guy who "fell" out of a window and died in istanbul back in 2020.

I wonder who is running the org now since they're apparently working on earthquake relief

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Meat Ball Ron

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dreylad posted:

oops white helmets. and I forgot the founder was a british army guy who "fell" out of a window and died in istanbul back in 2020.

I wonder who is running the org now since they're apparently working on earthquake relief

british army intelligence, no less

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

with sterling reputations themselves

from https://www.pdf-archive.com/2019/03/22/untitled-pdf-document-1/untitled-pdf-document.pdf

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Smythe posted:

its good on balance lots of stuff i agree w/ & also some bits of dumb old guy stuff but not much

The thing that people seem weirdly reluctant to acknowledge is that probably 95+% of people over the age of 50 have those kinds of views. The default position of your average older person is "people not like me are weird and All The Stereotypes of racial/gender minority groups are true, except for the people I know in person who are good - also, I think that bigotry and discrimination are bad!"

I think people discussing political stuff almost entirely online to a crowd of people who are younger (or older but public enough that they know to carefully filter their opinions) has given them a warped idea of what most people are actually like.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Moron DeSantis

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i wonder what "probably 95+% of people over the age of 50" think about communism

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lessail posted:

i wonder what "probably 95+% of people over the age of 50" think about communism

yesterday I saw a huge boat of a suv driving the wrong way in the parking lot at me with a huge 🚫COMMUNISM sticker on the back and a cross the size of a football hanging from the rear view, driven by the largest white woman I think I have ever seen. her husband (I guess?) was a skinny guy in an anorak, in the passenger seat. anyway she was about 50-60. that's my story :cheers:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
so what you're saying is that there is a Silent Majority who "will call you by your name but I will not use a pronoun which in my opinion contradicts your biological identity"? How convenient for bigots, then.

(not sure if I lol'd at the he/he joke but it was funny)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

yesterday I saw a huge boat of a suv driving the wrong way in the parking lot at me with a huge 🚫COMMUNISM sticker on the back and a cross the size of a football hanging from the rear view, driven by the largest white woman I think I have ever seen. her husband (I guess?) was a skinny guy in an anorak, in the passenger seat. anyway she was about 50-60. that's my story :cheers:

sharing the road = fascism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they making big old white women in seattle

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

The thing that people seem weirdly reluctant to acknowledge is that probably 95+% of people over the age of 50 have those kinds of views. The default position of your average older person is "people not like me are weird and All The Stereotypes of racial/gender minority groups are true, except for the people I know in person who are good - also, I think that bigotry and discrimination are bad!"

I think people discussing political stuff almost entirely online to a crowd of people who are younger (or older but public enough that they know to carefully filter their opinions) has given them a warped idea of what most people are actually like.

having millions of people as 'secret' enemies is a feature if you're sublimating problems by splitting and purging

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol ive never listened to a cumtown episode outside youtube bits but theres no way that its funnier than this

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

so what you're saying is that there is a Silent Majority who "will call you by your name but I will not use a pronoun which in my opinion contradicts your biological identity"? How convenient for bigots, then.

Finkelstein having the same position as Jordan Peterson is so cool

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

No, it's stupid/bigoted, but in a way that most people are. Characterizing a person as Bad or Good based upon their usually-barely-formed opinions is pretty dumb because most people are just reflecting what they've absorbed from society/culture.

The point isn't "you should be kind and patient towards people with stupid/bigoted opinions," but it also isn't "you should harshly censure people for their bad opinions." It's that "how you treat people for having bad opinions" is a dumb and misguided thing to care about to begin with, because this stuff isn't downstream from peoples' personal interactions or consumer behavior.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
i was catching up on the murder x bryan patreon posts, the one where they cover the mormon saturday night live, and one of the guests says something like "not to be a pederast or anything" where from context it's clear he meant 'pedant' but nobody reacts at all and i'm still wondering if that was a failed joke or the world's worst misspeak

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A society is judged by how it treats its stupidest members.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
They all just thought he was using the right word

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

No, it's stupid/bigoted, but in a way that most people are. Characterizing a person as Bad or Good based upon their usually-barely-formed opinions is pretty dumb because most people are just reflecting what they've absorbed from society/culture.

The point isn't "you should be kind and patient towards people with stupid/bigoted opinions," but it also isn't "you should harshly censure people for their bad opinions." It's that "how you treat people for having bad opinions" is a dumb and misguided thing to care about to begin with, because this stuff isn't downstream from peoples' personal interactions or consumer behavior.

The "stupid opinion" is that I am a man in a dress and I will not be nice to an old gently caress who can't call a woman "she" because he doesn't wanna.

Why are you so focused on "everyone does it" in this case? Do you think there aren't Olds (and I'd argue well over 5%) who are or love a trans person enough to not care about ~biological reality~

I'm sorry your fave is cancelled I guess

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why is so hard to say his opinions about trans people are disgusting and wrong, but his work on Israel is good? This is a man who's entire life was ruined because he criticized a country.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why is so hard to say his opinions about trans people are disgusting and wrong, but his work on Israel is good? This is a man who's entire life was ruined because he criticized a country.

:hai:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sorry bud it doesnt work like that. and now for defending the monster you are banished to the happy potter video game world whereupon you will be dressed up, beat down, and cummed on by an infinite cavalcade of terfs, chuds, and jocks. 🥹

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

sorry bud it doesnt work like that. and now for defending the monster you are banished to the happy potter video game world whereupon you will be dressed up, beat down, and cummed on by an infinite cavalcade of terfs, chuds, and jocks. 🥹

I'm going to send you to a world where the average height is 4'