Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I'm wondering what sort of blackmail Greg Gutfeld must have to somehow get Super Bowl slots for his lovely late night show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

davecrazy posted:

That’s literally acid rain, no?

The products of VC combustion are carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrochloric acid.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I'm wondering what sort of blackmail Greg Gutfeld must have to somehow get Super Bowl slots for his lovely late night show.

I literally have never heard of this guy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They’ve deliberately not called the last three objects balloons because they apparently aren’t sure that they were.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Terrifying Effigies posted:

He just has to say the extreme right things. Fox is the broadcaster...there have been quite a few Fox Nation commercials this game.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lol Chief fans in Munich doing the chop

Edit: https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1624959687958609920?t=M7mTsEeYmZrqZCBmk9Qt_w&s=19

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 13, 2023

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Steezo posted:

Goddamn superbowl ads this year have me wishing for a Taliban callback.

That dog food commercial was pretty good. The wife was crying half way through.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hey remember when authorities torched thousands of gallons of VC in open air and it got trapped in an inversion layer?

https://twitter.com/me__0070/status/1623115651144466432

Just thinking back to when Biden made it illegal for rail workers to strike after they kept asking for paid sick leave and warning of unsafe working conditions.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Wow Adele looks like some kind of skeleton wom- WOW Paul McCartney looks like some kind of skeleton woman.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lol Kevin Burkhardt noted this inbreeding display as "some brilliant minds" too. Then acknowledged that Murdoch signs his checks

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

davecrazy posted:

That’s literally acid rain, no?

i think acid rain is usually sulfur compounds while this seems to be actual hydrochloric acid falling from the sky so if anything that’s underselling it

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Acid rain usually originates from SOx/NOx emissions so this is just unusual acid rain.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

McNally posted:

My guess is that a whole bunch of grad students aren't going to be finishing their projects.

All that's going on I'm unsure which crazy thing this is a reference to

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

All that's going on I'm unsure which crazy thing this is a reference to

All of the UFOs being shot down, the joke being that it's a bunch of grad students with research drones.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
How much harder are Eagles fans currently rioting compared to how much they would have rioted if they had won?

Like, 5% more/less? I can't tell from the extent of the rioting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How much harder are Eagles fans currently rioting compared to how much they would have rioted if they had won?

Like, 5% more/less? I can't tell from the extent of the rioting

One thing's for sure, come tomorrow Philly will look exactly the same as it always does

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So, uh, apparently Australia has nuclear submarines on the way.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-13/australian-commanders-complete-control-over-nuclear-submarines/101965182

And this is explicitly because of China. I would not be at all surprised to see power plants next.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-13/australian-commanders-complete-control-over-nuclear-submarines/101965182

And this is explicitly because of China. I would not be at all surprised to see power plants next.

Correct. This is from the AUKUS agreement, which made the French mad because nobody wants their lovely diesel subs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sadly they still appear to be hardcore against nuclear power.

Which is stupid on so many levels.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

Correct. This is from the AUKUS agreement, which made the French mad because nobody wants their lovely diesel subs.

Didn't they miss their promised delivery date? They have no one to blame but themselves.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

psydude posted:

I bet some south american drug cartels would be quite happy to buy some...

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Didn't they miss their promised delivery date? They have no one to blame but themselves.

To be fair to the French, their ambivalence regarding things like timelines and deliverables is well known. The Aussies should have expected it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

Sadly they still appear to be hardcore against nuclear power.

Which is stupid on so many levels.

I always assumed murdoch had them wrapped around his little finger and anything that'd jeopardize his fossil fuel buddies share price is a non-starter but I'm sure it's more complicated than that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Coked out nukes running guns, drugs and crypto off the Yucatán is amazing and a sadly plausible future.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

I always assumed murdoch had them wrapped around his little finger and anything that'd jeopardize his fossil fuel buddies share price is a non-starter but I'm sure it's more complicated than that

Pretty much. Other than South Australia, they got bit by the coal and gas bug hard.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

To be fair to the French, their ambivalence regarding things like timelines and deliverables is well known. The Aussies should have expected it.

If they're sufficiently mad, they can dump some half finished hulls on a highway outside of Sydney about it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I literally have never heard of this guy.

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1624799907973414915?t=NVNymCs44SfcJMOej8zQxg&s=19

Picture the douchebag in high school who thought he was cool, tried desperately to be snarky and edgy to get attention, and whose only followers were social climbers. He thinks he's great, but nobody sane does.

Now picture that guy getting a late-night talk show on a right-wing cable channel full of hosts wanting to be Durr Fuhrer's pet with a rotating panel of no-names and (probably) the next Roger Ailes suit when he finally does something foul to the hot chick on the panel.

You have Gutfeld!. The only person alive I might be unable to resist the urge to punch in the balls if I met.

E- Wasn't Leslie Jordan on the show right before he died? That seems a bit treasonous to his LGBTQ+ community.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 13, 2023

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Just thinking back to when Biden made it illegal for rail workers to strike after they kept asking for paid sick leave and warning of unsafe working conditions.

Having hydrochloric acid (a natural substance found in the human body) raining down on to your kids and water supply is a small price to pay for saving Christmas from communists.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've found something more cringe than the Gutfeld! commercial.

https://twitter.com/carolrosenberg/status/1624830473225531392

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Godholio posted:

Flight hours are tricky. The pilots that flew these missions got their weekly flight. They just did something for NORAD instead of a generic 2v2 in the nearby military airspace. So those flight hours and associated costs were going to be paid ANYWAY. It's the same reason sporting event flyovers and similar stuff isn't the huge waste of money some people like to claim...it still checks the box for the normal training flight, but it's a different profile which if anything is a good thing because it's not the same poo poo as the last six flights.

An air force guy once told me that a stadium overflight basically trains all the steps for a precision bombing operation minus the ordinance release. Not sure how true that is but on the surface it sounded plausible.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Soylent Pudding posted:

An air force guy once told me that a stadium overflight basically trains all the steps for a precision bombing operation minus the ordinance release. Not sure how true that is but on the surface it sounded plausible.

I went to Mariners opening day once and the overflight was a cargo plane. Felt about right, wasn’t a great season.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I went to Mariners opening day once and the overflight was a cargo plane. Felt about right, wasn’t a great season.

But Griffey.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Gutfeld!'s gimmick is Fox-brand conservative " " "comedy" " " based on whatever recent propaganda Fox has been screeching about to force in to the public consciousness.

Whatever hideous bullshit that idea conjures up in your mind the execution is much, much worse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I somehow never clicked that the subs in question were nuclear, I guess.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Gutfeld!'s gimmick is Fox-brand conservative " " "comedy" " " based on whatever recent propaganda Fox has been screeching about to force in to the public consciousness.

Whatever hideous bullshit that idea conjures up in your mind the execution is much, much worse.

Especially since everything Conservatives find as funny is basically just bullying and punching down.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
huh, I never got the memo that weed is legal in Canada now, and has been since like 2018

chalk it up to divorce and alcoholism

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So as you all know, we're going to have a baby! And here's my husband to reveal which baby we're having. It's a...

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1625255068306927635?t=KyLg2CzLaeAbrOIQ-zAdag&s=19

Glock!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's exactly right. They're not just flying there and back, they're hitting waypoints at specific times. Or at least, they're supposed to be.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/cyclone-gabrielle-photos-north-island-battered-by-wild-weather/WPJ3UDZWUNGI7NTSHHU24STHKQ/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

well youre still posting, so god has failed us again, youre ok!

Glad to hear nz is still off the map but in a good way