Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Plica gets real for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Uramachi Sakaba

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

thetoughestbean posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I blame Chintu

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

JosephSkunk posted:

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I blame Chintu

I see you have your ABC down

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
drat, the AI translator is super thirsty for Joost v2.0.

I mean, fair. But still.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

So many things to comment on.

Big bald suit thug from Opplopolis turns out have a bit of character! He's growing on me. I hope they don't mess Luke up to badly.

I can barely recognise HP in the latest Sleepless Domain update! (I'm not actually following it until we get the art switch, but someone made a comment about costume and I was curious)

Joost part 2 was always my favourite Joost. On the other hand, I only ever read part 1 and 2.

CzarChasm posted:

As that guy, no. I really can't stand From Earth in Peace. It's very twee for me.

I don't own a monopoly on posting Ronnie stuff, so if you (or anyone else) want to post it, go ahead.

Fair, fair. I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

!!!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Looks like an anime of Yukio Mishima’s last day

Hah, yeah. It's from the Navy procurement scene in The Wind Rises. Right after it cuts to the hallway outside the meeting and Jiro admits he didn't listen to a single word. Whole lot of bluster, really.

Emzedoh posted:

Snow Ridge chapter 1: Northern Sea

Quick note: In order to maintain a smooth transition of power, Japanese aristocracy of this period were known to retire in favour of their heirs well in advance of er, dying. Sometimes this would be a real retirement, but often enough the elder lord would maintain de facto power.
https://www.japanese-wiki-corpus.org/culture/Inkyo%20(Retirement).html

This seems like an important panel.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy’s mom is good people

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I read some of From Earth in Peace a while back after learning about it in here. Given how much I like a lot of Whomp's run, I was disappointedly surprised by how much I didn't get into it. I can see the similarities in the writing and art, but I guess my interest just didn't carry over when he left the exaggerated self caricature comic behind.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Scoob and Shag

Last time: Mickey floated off to save the world. Ominously!
This time: 2 year time-skip to Shag, living in a world where cartoons are now ILLEGAL, and who has definitely left all this ballyhoo nonsense behind forever, yup.

Also I should probably note that looking at the number of comics left, we've got about 20 more posts before we're caught up and will have to wait for updates along with the real-time readers, but that's probably a month away.

I read all of From Earth in Peace, but mostly because it's fairly short so far - it's a bit too twee for me, and lacking the edge of Whomp, but hopefully Ronnie's doing well out of it!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

:pusheen:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

In some of these earlier comics it really shows that Q-Rais had never done sequential comics before – the speech bubble flow gets a bit wonky sometimes.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Emzedoh posted:

Joost part 2 was always my favourite Joost. On the other hand, I only ever read part 1 and 2.

I'm mostly fully caught up and he's still my favorite Joost

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't know who Murakami is but he has a high chance of being cooked and eaten in the next strip

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Seems likely.

I wonder if the author inserts the Rs manually if they have a search and replace bot?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inside you there are two weird little guys

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Am I a bridge ornament??

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Those are just testicles my dude.

And please move your hand.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kennel posted:

Am I a bridge ornament??

no you just had a successful night at the bar

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
Previously:

Pomme de Terror posted:

03/29/2010

I know Shale isn’t a guy, but Zevran isn’t manly, so everyone gets to be a failure today.

Today we introduce one of my favorite characters, Mr. Fish! (and posting extra to get all of Jared and Mr. Fish's backstory in)
04/05/2010

And thus begins the saga of Jared Kowalski, the worst Pokemon Trainer ever.

04/12/2010

Jared’s life is clearly rife with hardship.

04/19/2010

I’m gonna give Toshihiro Ono credit for doing my favourite interpretation of Professor Oak, he draws him like Clint Eastwood if decided he wanted to live on a mountain eating instant noodles and playing with little furry animals forty years ago.

04/26/2010

If you’ve ever ground up a magikarp at the very beginning of the game so you can have a Gyarados to eat everyone’s faces by like, the second gym, you’ll know that this is exactly what it feels like.

05/03/2010

Hard to thundershock when you’ve got some six inches of sea monster tooth lodged in your brain.

Jared’s story comes to an end, but we all know every end is a new beginning. Imagine those last few words written on a sparkly rainbow for full effect.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Since Tenebrais is posting Sleepless Domain, I figured the time is right for another magical girl comic,

Phoenix Flair

Sadly the story isn't complete (there's only one chapter) and the artist has moved on from comics stuff, but hey, that's webcomics!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Blind Alley

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I don’t know if I don’t understand Blind Alley at all, or if I understand it perfectly. But either way I’m really enjoying it. But meanwhile, here’s more Hark! A Vagrant. Today, Kate does some historical crossover fan fiction.

And now for maybe my favorite of all her comics:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MokBa posted:

And now for maybe my favorite of all her comics:

Lol yes, some great panels in there and another all timer at the end.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
omg how have i never seen that one

it's sublime

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TOGETHER by @hausofdecline

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Like a gazebo

Like a gazebo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Begun, the Meat Wars have

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm something of a meat robot, myself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kit Walker posted:

The lockdown times really felt like the turning of the wheel of fortune. Tons of cool, well-adjusted people I knew absolutely lost their minds and became depressed alcoholics or had mental breakdowns, while the shut-ins expanded their friend circles and the alcoholics all got sober. Fortunately the people who lost their poo poo are slowly putting themselves back together but man what a weird phenomenon

You can really tell the people who had never learned how to entertain themselves. Going by some other threads a lot of people seemed to forget a lot of their social skills and older people in particular seemed to lose the concept of whatever boundaries they had with their family members.

RandolphCarter posted:

Swan Boy’s mom is good people

I'm almost certain the goons of GIP can definitely answer this. Probably something in the Air Force.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ANSU

Fingerpori

Kiitos niistä = thanks for those/them
kiitos = thanks
ne = those
niistä = from/for those
niistää = to blow one's nose
niistä = blow your/their/etc nose, imperative form
Kiitos niistä = blow your nose, thank you

The Martha organization is a Finnish & Swedish organization that aims to improve home/family life and appreciation of e.g. home economy topics.

wikipedia posted:

The organisation defines its activities as follows: "The Martha organisation is a citizens' organisation providing advice in home economics, with the aim of furthering welfare in homes and families, and providing diverse activities and possibilities of influencing the community to its members." The Martha organisation takes its name from the Biblical figure of Martha.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm almost certain the goons of GIP can definitely answer this. Probably something in the Air Force.

Swan Boy is exactly the kind of piece of poo poo who would pretend to be a troop, and also exactly the kind of piece of poo poo who would actually be a troop.

I guarantee that everyone had at least one Swan Boy in their unit.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Fister Roboto posted:

Swan Boy is exactly the kind of piece of poo poo who would pretend to be a troop, and also exactly the kind of piece of poo poo who would actually be a troop.

QFT

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh absolutely

There's plenty of scrawny pencilnecks in the military, in non-combat and combat roles. The fighting ones have that wiry strength, but swan boy could tell anyone he was one of the paperwork troops (finance, computer touchers) or motor pool and no one would bat an eye, but nobody who does it pretends to be a finance weenie, they've always gotta be seals or delta force or whatever

I once worked with a guy who claimed to have been in for three years, and in that time he was an airborne ranger who got shot by a North Korean sniper while playing soccer near the dmz, which got him medically discharged

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

By popular demand posted:

Crange I could definitely scare off with a broomstick, WWJ would just do unspeakable things with said broomstick. property value decreasing things.

Speaking of which...

Hanselmann describes it as "a kind of horrible test of the audience's patience" and that might be right but it's no better or worse than other MM&O comics, and even has a melancholy but weirdly hopeful ending (that's immediately followed by obscenity)

Plus it comes with an LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys