Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
When youre mandoline slicing nice thin layers of sweet potato and you're distracted by your dog and your thumb goes in and oh god there's blood everywhere now gently caress gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgOwX72fLI

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

That's amore

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is why for safety's sake you should put the potato in your bench vise and use your spud plane.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'd love one of those massive bread-slicer machines they have in LIDL in my house.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Never use a mandoline without literal protective gloves, those things are infinitely scarier than anything else in the kitchen and they thirst for the blood of the innocent. And the guilty, for that matter.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

pumpinglemma posted:

Never use a mandoline without literal protective gloves, those things are infinitely scarier than anything else in the kitchen and they thirst for the blood of the innocent. And the guilty, for that matter.

You're thrusting your hand TOWARDS the blade.... it's unnatural i tell you, a crime against god! :cursed:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1625181962863362060

:toot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I like that the headline itself just says "Queen" like they're just trying to subliminally acclimatise people to it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

I like that the headline itself just says "Queen" like they're just trying to subliminally acclimatise people to it

There’s nothing subliminal about it. She’s “Queen”. Cheggers got his mum to sign the document like Alan Partridge getting the corpse to sign his contract

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Had to look at the date because my brain refused to acknowledge Camilla as "The Queen" and thought Lizzy had died again

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Liz will keep dying until the economy improves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you consort with the queen at this point you should expect to catch something.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Probably titles, I think that's how that works.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
queen had two birthdays

that means she has to die twice

the maths backs me up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hate to deflate (sorry) people's excitement, but there's a much more reasonable explanation for why so many flying things are getting shot down: The US let the first one fly coast to coast, they were watching it and figuring out how to identify and classify it the entire time, and now they know how to spot the others. The first one they shot down wasn't the first China sent by a long road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2cU-fNxpE

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mindestens neunundneunzig.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

There’s nothing subliminal about it. She’s “Queen”. Cheggers got his mum to sign the document like Alan Partridge getting the corpse to sign his contract

I knows its the official style, but the royals were pretty upfront that they were going to gradually introduce the notion to a Diana-brained public

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm no neurologist, but I doubt you can introduce any notions to a brain smeared around the inside of a Mercedes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
:drat:

Insufficiently nationalist, report for reeducation

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Admittedly GSK and Astra Zeneca are different companies, but the market forces that affect them should be fairly similar, right?
So it's quite interesting to compare this BBC article about how AZ are building their new factory in Dublin rather than Macclesfield definitely definitely because of the tax, definitely 100% just tax. Oh and also because of the NHS price controls.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64596743
Meanwhile the chair of GSK is literally in the room for the secret cross party political summit about how Brexit's hosed everything:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/11/revealed-secret-cross-party-summit-held-to-confront-failings-of-brexit

It's going to be interesting to see how often other sectors where there's a profit squeeze try to repeat this line. Brexit being the elephant in the room that we don't mention, but nevertheless have to create space for by throwing out pay rises, regulation or taxation.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Edit: I need to read better.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they were calling it a “seasonal illness” earlier, which ironically is pretty accepting for covid just now being a background thing we all just have to get used to

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Her Dryer posted:

Had to look at the date because my brain refused to acknowledge Camilla as "The Queen" and thought Lizzy had died again

She joined The Queen as the new lead singer but unfortunately she, Brian May and Roger Taylor all caught covid while practicing together.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Diet Crack posted:

just lol, someone probably has a share in city office space that isn't being used.

I'm switched off before the shift has even ended. Like have you ever taken the tube at 8am or 5pm? Commuting is one of the worst parts about working most of the time.

she's right,
i loving love switching off from work by worrying that my poo poo northern rail train i paid out the arse for is going to be cancelled and getting real annoyed that even though i finished work at 5, i'm not going to be home until 7:30, then i can start doing all the house work and cook for myself.

way better than just switching my lovely work laptop off at 5 and then switching off from work by not being on a poo poo train from home and getting home in a couple of hours and can do some cool poo poo like not work or use a train

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

she's right,
i loving love switching off from work by worrying that my poo poo northern rail train i paid out the arse for is going to be cancelled and getting real annoyed that even though i finished work at 5, i'm not going to be home until 7:30, then i can start doing all the house work and cook for myself.

way better than just switching my lovely work laptop off at 5 and then switching off from work by not being on a poo poo train from home and getting home in a couple of hours and can do some cool poo poo like not work or use a train

The person writing this is a freelance hack, paid per word, working out of their living room or some dogshit latte shop. They probably visit The Grauniad office once a month at best

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

dogshit latte
Civets are actually closer to mongeese polygoose mongooses.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

she's right,

Did you know that you can only switch off at the end of the day aboard a crush loaded Pacer? It's a weird trick of human psychology (Hitachi hates it).

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Absolutely the best thing about WFH is the colleagues.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was not going to comment on manager baphomet but I am glad someone else noticed them.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
GARDENING, SEX, CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LoL!!!!!!!!! RANdoM!!!!!!!!!!! :sparkles:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Yes, it's a statue that belonged to my grandfather and my wife hates it. We call it the scary goat man.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Currently sitting in a plane about to take off from London to bring me back up to Scotland to attend a 3 hour meeting where I spoke for 15 minutes and presented 4 slides.

WFH for life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endjinneer posted:

Did you know that you can only switch off at the end of the day aboard a crush loaded Pacer? It's a weird trick of human psychology (Hitachi hates it).

the train so good even iran ditched it before us

Kin posted:

Currently sitting in a plane about to take off from London to bring me back up to Scotland to attend a 3 hour meeting where I spoke for 15 minutes and presented 4 slides.

WFH for life.

my work has like 15 people coming to my office for a 4 hour social fun day (they're staying over the night before so hotel + train tix cost) next week.
and the expenses for it are charged to tax payer money

awful waste of money.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 13, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Yes, it's a statue that belonged to my grandfather and my wife hates it. We call it the scary goat man.

Would look perfect in this house

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Someday that statue is going to topple over and break, releasing your grandfather's soul which will possess a family member who tries to bring about his resurrection, probably involving a blood orgy ritual sacrifice.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Someday that statue is going to topple over and break, releasing your grandfather's soul which will possess a family member who tries to bring about his resurrection, probably involving a blood orgy ritual sacrifice.

Our house has one of those

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's proper british occultism though, got a christingle and everything.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

That's proper british occultism though, got a christingle and everything.

Irish. That’s the Child of Prague. A must have for my Irish Catholic tradition loving wife

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_Jesus_of_Prague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

Irish. That’s the Child of Prague. A must have for my Catholic wife

Also the christingle isn't british either and he's dressed very continental.