Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

to be honest i prefer p8s phase 1 over phase 2. phase 2 just feels very brains off for nearly everything outside of Natural Alignment

i know there's been a bit of healer flight in pf as the scrubs got filtered out, but is that an actual popular opinion? virtually every healer main and tank main i talked to enjoyed actually getting to push their kit more instead of the usual old "time to hit the ogcd aoe heal/reprisal" spiel that made up the first tier

Yeah, I liked healing this tier :shrug:

e: that said, please stop putting bleed on every single attack :smithicide:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How do I fight the red chocobo in bozja without reflect

It's like I'm stuck in a pachinko machine

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Commissioned an animation of my WoL :swoon: Look how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shinjobi posted:

This video from Joonbob does a great job of demonstrating the dance for Choco Meteor Stream.

He also has videos for all the Bozja and Zadnor CEs.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

you don't. red chocobo is one of the few fights where if the stack-marked person dies, the stack marker invisibly travels to someone else. what will happen 100% of the time is that the stack-haver inevitably eats poo poo, then the stack marker invisibly travels to you, taking you out instantly if you don't pre-emptively slap on reflect

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's been a hot minute since I've been inside bozja but all of mechanics are manageable without reflect and a little bit of schmovement

if it's low man go in as tank with bloodsucker and lost shell so you can take a stack marker solo and keep on truckin

e: I guess you have to trust five other people to manage the towers

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Macaluso posted:

Who’s the artist? That’s adorable!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I think the example I saw was that the path over the disappearing floor from the last boss of Dohn Mheg is drawn in excel

It's not quite that; one of the Shadowbringers blog posts or Fanfest dev tables talked about the development process for the expansion, and they gave an example where they'd used Excel to draw out the path for the art and programming teams to implement. It sounds goofy on its face, but it actually makes a lot of sense: Excel packages its spreadsheet functionality with a set of more than sufficient tools for word processing and drawing/graphing, so a design document (which necessarily is going to incorporate all three) benefits from using it, especially since literally everyone in the office is gonna have it, so you don't need to buy specialized licenses for something like Scrivener or whatever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vermain posted:

It's not quite that; one of the Shadowbringers blog posts or Fanfest dev tables talked about the development process for the expansion, and they gave an example where they'd used Excel to draw out the path for the art and programming teams to implement. It sounds goofy on its face, but it actually makes a lot of sense: Excel packages its spreadsheet functionality with a set of more than sufficient tools for word processing and drawing/graphing, so a design document (which necessarily is going to incorporate all three) benefits from using it, especially since literally everyone in the office is gonna have it, so you don't need to buy specialized licenses for something like Scrivener or whatever.

Yeah, like I mentioned it’s really common in Japanese business to prefer Excel for this over swapping between different applications. Everyone has it, everyone knows how to use it, why change?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who’s the artist? That’s adorable!

https://twitter.com/robeans_art?s=21&t=fKOxIj2hNmHp0grVlAysXA

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Aww this is a cute cat girl :3:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Heads up for people with some animation mods

https://twitter.com/gaussbarrels/status/1624999105662701568?t=qrDGWS9W0qXtheFqTQVGug&s=19

E: looking at the comments, only one modder really uses tmb files. I don't know a lot about anim mods honestly

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 13, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It seems the issue is if the modded emote moves your position where the original emote or action would not. IE your character’s hit box is moved. This makes some sense to me because the server does have to update your position when you move and thus there would be a log of you moving but not pressing any buttons that should make you move.

That said haha funny dance modded emotes over dance emotes should be fine.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Tamba posted:

Yeah, I liked healing this tier :shrug:

e: that said, please stop putting bleed on every single attack :smithicide:

I mostly liked healing this tier, but it depends on the fight. I still barely use GCD heals outside of P8S so it's not like it's very limiting, and it feels like doing good mitigation is nicely rewarded.

P5S is great and probably my favorite tier intro fight, although the wall colors make it hard to read sometimes. P6S and P7S are a little dull outside of specific mechanics. I do really enjoy Inviolate Purgation from a healing standpoint; the Harvests not so much. P8S1 I actually like but it seems like it's a little too hard for a doorboss, or at least has a few too many "1 person died, mechanic is now impossible, please run into the wall" moments. My static is still on the last bit of P8S2 which has been fun, but I think it likewise has a few too many points where any death is a wipe.

In general, I prefer when you can limp through mechanics and wipe to enrage later. It's more varied and as a healer it lets me get a better feel for how to structure healing for the entire fight. If you're going to do strict no-fuckups-allowed filter mechanics, do the light rampant thing and put them very early in the fight.

Re: bleeds on everything, I think that's is a delayed response to adding Panhaima and Liturgy of the Bell. "Well gee, we have these abilities that need multihit raidwides and people complained that they didn't feel useful last tier (even though they absolutely were, the extra potency from multihits really isn't that big of a deal). Guess we better add some multihits to everything everywhere." I quite enjoy it, but my static does run Sage & White Mage ... although on P8S2 in particular I think we use most of them for Natural Alignments instead.

E: One thing I really like is that they're doing untargetable just-dodge phases with lots of damage. That might be Sage bias: it's very gratifying to run around and toss shields willy-nilly without feeling like you're losing out on anything, and coming out with a full Addersting gauge. Possibly DPS jobs and healers with cast times on their heals will disagree.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 13, 2023

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i feel the bleeds are less there to address panhaima and lilybell feeling underwhelming, and more to counterbalance the playerbase's tendency to go "eh let's just invuln this tankbuster", which honestly, i kinda appreciate? a one-size-fits-all solution to tankbusters is a bit boring

that said you could really tell a lot of tanks didn't know what to do now that you can't just invuln through most tankbusters this tier. a lot of warriors and dark knights would just hit their invuln, no other mits, and then expect you to deal a raw dot plus surprisingly meaty autos, then have the audacity to get pissy when they drop dead because the first dot tick+auto after their invuln ends does 60% of their hp bar and i only had time to heal 59% after the last tick+auto got them back down to nothing

Xerophyte posted:

E: One thing I really like is that they're doing untargetable just-dodge phases with lots of damage. That might be Sage bias: it's very gratifying to run around and toss shields willy-nilly without feeling like you're losing out on anything, and coming out with a full Addersting gauge. Possibly DPS jobs and healers with cast times on their heals will disagree.

personally im waiting for when my group gets to High Concept so i can legally force my paladin to use clemency

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

I also did it as Sage and yeah, being able to just use Toxikon for every part where you need to move is nice:
Use them all for Natural Alignment 1, recharge during High Concept 1, use 1-2 for Desolation and the last one to get into position for NA2 (minimal movement necessary for that, you can slidecast all of it), then recharge them all again during HC2 for the Dominions at the end.
And even with all that, xivanalysis was yelling at me for wasting Toxikon charges because I gained more than that.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Tamba posted:

I also did it as Sage and yeah, being able to just use Toxikon for every part where you need to move is nice:
Use them all for Natural Alignment 1, recharge during High Concept 1, use 1-2 for Desolation and the last one to get into position for NA2 (minimal movement necessary for that, you can slidecast all of it), then recharge them all again during HC2 for the Dominions at the end.
And even with all that, xivanalysis was yelling at me for wasting Toxikon charges because I gained more than that.

Yeah, the change to get a toxikon stack after your e. diagnosis gets consumed on you is such a good change. Really adds to the extra planning you do as sage healing to make you feel like an absolute genius when you really nail your whole kit to the wall. I can't get rid of them fast enough on things like p7s purgation, lol

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Tamba posted:

Xivanalysis isn't bad for healers, exactly, but the emphasis it puts on number of uses isn't great.

I get that programmatically checking whether I can move my Holos usage in such a way that the WHM can drop a Medica 2 cast from the fight is much harder than programmatically checking that I only cast Holos 2 times in a 6 minute fight. Just checking use count without considering value at all is almost entirely useless though, outside of major fuckups like if I was not using some mitigation type at all.

DelphiAegis posted:

Yeah, the change to get a toxikon stack after your e. diagnosis gets consumed on you is such a good change. Really adds to the extra planning you do as sage healing to make you feel like an absolute genius when you really nail your whole kit to the wall. I can't get rid of them fast enough on things like p7s purgation, lol

The real trick to Purgation is planning out your oGCDs well enough that you don't have to cast E. Diagnosis much if at all. I admit I usually GCD shield once, on the 2nd Spark of Life, but I could definitely drop that too with better coordination. Also, it is important that you Icarus into the stack aoe as late as possible, to maximize style points.

Planning Toxikon use in P7S is pretty difficult, at least for me. It's a lot of movement for a fight where I only get 4 of them, plus at least with my spell speed I want instants before the two knock-ups.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

xivanalysis is a cursed land you should only venture unto if you hate yourself

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Dwesa posted:

There is a new deep dungeon coming with 6.35, new haircut as a reward/drop is fairly likely, I think

I hope so! As a terminal fantasia addict, new haircuts help take the edge off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The first step of using xivanalysis is learning to ignore most of it and just focus on bits you're trying to improve anyway. For example on my bard I used to get confused which of my abilities were oGCD and which weren't so my weaving was sloppy, and the site's metric for that gave me a number to go off of when cleaning all that up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do we know when 6.35 is coming out?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to the number of uses complaints there (if you don't need that cooldown then you don't use it. No need to waste it just to get that number up, especially if using it would block a better use later in the fight), but it is okay to find other places where you could improve.
You can get the same information out of FFLogs directly, but xivanalysis is easier to read for most of it.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Bruceski posted:

No specific date but first half of March is a reasonably safe bet.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I read in 4 weeks :sigh:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nothing definite then. A friend has some Actual Free Time coming up and considered arranging a deep delve party.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I realized a couple days ago that the Valentione shoes would be a decent option for my gimmick alt. Turns out you need to have done Sastasha first, so I started running him up through the MSQ, which was a tiny bit rough since he was still in the Gridania introductory section. Once I got to Ul'Dah, of course I needed to get to the Gold Saucer and get the afro, then I needed to unlock the aesthetician, which I did while queueing for Sastasha. But now I have the outfit and the emote, and I can go back to ignoring this alt until I realize another seasonal outfit will make for good Bobo-bo cosplay material.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just saw a Blackjack in-game for the first time and goddamn is that motherfucker huge. I think it’s even bigger than the whale

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rezzed into a train at Tower. :negative:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I was doing UCOB prog and someone ressed into my doom clear puddle. I had a nice laugh at that one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Can't recall what fight but the other day I had a black mage run right into my telegraphed tankbuster and put down leylines. I appreciate the flex, kid, but not enough to move.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Tekopo posted:

I was doing UCOB prog and someone ressed into my doom clear puddle. I had a nice laugh at that one.

my most beautiful failure in ucob has been immortalized as a clip

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ucob ftw

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Savage prog report: cleared P6S tonight and got to the complicated part of P7S (Purgation) with half of us blind because we didn't expect to get there for a while.

I really like how P6S looks when everybody knows what they're doing. The head/tail Chorus Ixou and Cachexia 1 just flow.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've been trying to get a clear of UCOB for some time now, I love the fight but it's janky as hell, but that's why I love it. I'll be glad to see the back of it when I finally get the clear though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If I put in an FC bid but can't come pick it up, come what may, until next Monday... is that any risk of losing either money or, inshallah I win, the plot itself? The drawing is apparently the 16th.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

You get 90 days after bidding on a plot to get your deposit back whether you win or lose it and don't finalize buying the plot. If your FC is coordinating bidding on multiple plots and someone else in the FC buys remember to get your deposit back eventually for your FC, however there is a 50% cancellation fee for the return of the deposit for any house bid on that is a win that is abandoned, and a 100% deposit return if you didn't win.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 14, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

You get 90 days after bidding on a plot to get your deposit back whether you win or lose it and don't finalize buying the plot. If your FC is coordinating bidding on multiple plots and someone else in the FC buys remember to get your deposit back eventually for your FC, however there is a 50% cancellation fee for the return of the deposit for any house bid on that is a win that is abandoned, and a 100% deposit return if you didn't win.
Oh we want this fucker, I just wanted to make sure that this level of a delay woudn't gently caress things over, because we have enough warning to set someone else up to do it. It sounds like "five or six" days would be fine though. RIGHT?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nessus posted:

Oh we want this fucker, I just wanted to make sure that this level of a delay woudn't gently caress things over, because we have enough warning to set someone else up to do it. It sounds like "five or six" days would be fine though. RIGHT?
You have to claim a win within the results period afaik, which I think is only a 4 day window. You can still get the 50% gil return for a longer period of time than that, if you don't claim the house, but if you want the win it needs to be claimed fairly promptly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I believe the results period ends on daily reset on the 20th (check your timezones, it's exactly 4 days after the time it tells you the bidding period ends). If you don't claim the house by then you're not getting it.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 14, 2023