Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Except that's not what they wrote on the ad.
Well, no. Poor Norwegian McDonald's workers. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isepic
May 7, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

On the back of it is the ad touting "Expand your budgeting skills by trying to survive on our pay!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mardirooster/status/1625221898454855685?s=61&t=9XuovqIg9fyl88Y5AelXQw

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

$18 per month?!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol yes I’m sure McDonald’s is out there referencing medical journals

No, but the copywriter at the ad agency they hired very well might be.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lying in a pool of my own blood but can't call 911 because my phone's in the box.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What if by Stress they meant Unions. You would look pretty silly then

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'll sell you a box to put your phone in for way cheaper

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Iron Crowned posted:

They've been uninspired since the 90's, and only exist as a test bed for the coming year's ad campaigns.

Unless there was some extreme backlash against any of those commercials, you're going to see them all, over, and over, and over again this year.

Some years there were some that were at least memorable, line the weird-rear end Mike Tyson jingles and puppymonkeybaby. I can't remember what either was for but I remember the ads.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Bud-weis-er was probably the zenith. That was like 30 years ago.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

When was wassuuuuup?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dead rear end 2000.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Nothing will beat the chimp dancing to la cucaracha for etrade. Light years ahead of its time

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

Ease of implementation

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Imagine watching commercials instead of using that time to post. I cant remember one superbowl ad bc i didnt interact at all with them

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ham Equity posted:

$18 per month?!
There's also an app that goes with the box and that's what you're really paying for.

Because if you're trying to use your phone less, what you really need is to focus on a phone app spitting out stats about your phone time.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dead rear end 2000.

So was Cat Herders

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Haifisch posted:

There's also an app that goes with the box and that's what you're really paying for.

Because if you're trying to use your phone less, what you really need is to focus on a phone app spitting out stats about your phone time.

I'm under some impression that the box is sold for display, so that you can signal everyone who comes to your house that you're one of the caring ones - you know, the sociopath learning how to interact with their family - without ever having to actually put your phone in it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

They should make it big enough to double as a squatty potty.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fartington Butts posted:

They should make it big enough to double as a squatty potty.

Brilliant. Take the phone out to read on the shitter, put it back when you're done.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Dude.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Beachcomber posted:

gently caress you for reminding me those stupid frogs ever existed.

Them and the "WASSSSSSSAP" guys.

The ad execs behind both those campaigns should be shot without trial.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No, they absolutely killed it. The exact opposite of the thread title.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

BABY BACK. BABY BACK, BABY BACK RIBS, by the way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is a marketing move a success if I remember it decades later, but only because of how monumentally terrible I thought it was at the time?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

value-brand cereal posted:

BABY BACK. BABY BACK, BABY BACK RIBS, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHnBeyOlvjU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is a marketing move a success if I remember it decades later, but only because of how monumentally terrible I thought it was at the time?

For me this is those radio ads for Hefty trash bags. It's a bunch of people saying "Hefty Hefty Hefty! Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy!" in a super obnoxious way and it's ensured I will never buy Hefty trash bags.

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 09:14 on Feb 14, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

For me this is those radio ads for Hefty trash bags. It's a bunch of people saying "Hefty Hefty Hefty! Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy!" in a super obnoxious way and it's ensured I will never buy Hefty trash bags.

I say that to my cat who has no knowledge of any of this as he’s Swedish.

E: sometimes he does respond to “hefty hefty hefty”

Content: I was in HS when this came out. I think the teachers are still getting reparations for their suffering to this day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYX_zhlTDr8

teen witch has a new favorite as of 09:22 on Feb 14, 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

teen witch posted:

I say that to my cat who has no knowledge of any of this as he’s Swedish.

E: sometimes he does respond to “hefty hefty hefty”

Content: I was in HS when this came out. I think the teachers are still getting reparations for their suffering to this day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYX_zhlTDr8

If it's a fat cat then this is just endearing instead.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If it's a fat cat then this is just endearing instead.

not fat but definitely a big boy

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

They’re running similar ads on tv here in Finland. There's shots of various situations where McDonald’s workers are having a bad time, like accidentally throwing a tray of food at a customer, or spraying themselves in the face with a hose, but then they’re all leaving work looking happy. Apparently the message is that it’s a fun place to work as a young person, and it's where you’ll have experiences that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

As someone who cannot speak the language, however, all I see is an ad which suggests that their workers are incompetent and will probably cause you some kind of harm if you visit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*jovial footage of a single mother getting hands put around her neck because she didn't put a third dipping sauce in the bag*

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

https://youtu.be/CGcMtgQPqAM

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Creature posted:

They’re running similar ads on tv here in Finland. There's shots of various situations where McDonald’s workers are having a bad time, like accidentally throwing a tray of food at a customer, or spraying themselves in the face with a hose, but then they’re all leaving work looking happy. Apparently the message is that it’s a fun place to work as a young person, and it's where you’ll have experiences that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

As someone who cannot speak the language, however, all I see is an ad which suggests that their workers are incompetent and will probably cause you some kind of harm if you visit.

Yeah, I worked at a fast food place from 15-19 and can tell you it was seriously fun as gently caress. During and after work.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, I worked at a fast food place from 15-19 and can tell you it was seriously fun as gently caress. During and after work.

I mean sure, you were only there for 4 hours.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

wesleywillis posted:

your experience, and rock and roll mcdonalds altogether, is a relic of the past

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Call of Duty Mobile should probably figure out another name for their points.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gann Jerrod posted:

More like Gun Jared :eyepop:

joking ofc

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Lmao jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What is it supposed to be? And what does it sound like to those in the know?