Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

510rems posted:

"fewer total weapons will be craftable" is probably my biggest nightmare scenario except for something truly and completely deranged like mandatory pvp.

i think having more weapons exclusive to random drops and the ability to get enhanced perks for them is really good, but gutting the crafting system to do it just feels bad to me.

Yeah this was part of their underlying tone of 'We are setting up Destiny 2 to be self-sufficient and not require new expansions'. Crafting has got to be paired down, dramatically

I wonder where they draw the line though. Will they change the underlying concept/rules of what guns are craftable? Every single Seasonal Activity or Raid Gun introduced in Year 5 is craftable. Will they change it so that Only Some But Not All of each seasonal activity or raid weapon will be craftable? Imagine if King's Fall had launched and only Smite of Merain and Zaoli's were craftable. Or if Path of Least Resistance was craftable but the other 5 seraph guns were RNG exclusive. Or do they mean Seasonal Activity will only have 4 guns in the future, rather than 6, but they will all be craftable?!

For being a great big dump of words, it certainly raised as many questions as it answered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

510rems posted:

"fewer total weapons will be craftable" is probably my biggest nightmare scenario except for something truly and completely deranged like mandatory pvp.

i think having more weapons exclusive to random drops and the ability to get enhanced perks for them is really good, but gutting the crafting system to do it just feels bad to me.

I don't really think they're gutting the crafting system. "fewer of our total weapons will be craftable and more of our weapons with long term sources will get value from random perk rolls. " Feels to me like seasonal guns will remain craftable, as they probably qualify as guns that do not have "long term sources."

It might be a tossup what this means for the LF Raid weapons, but I also don't think they would have revamped DSC with craftable guns with the implication that it's a treatment other raids would get, if the plan was to move away from craftable raid guns.

I think it mostly just means we won't be seeing random new patterns like Taipan. Probably won't see something like the Opulent Dungeon guns craftable again. (As suggested by spire not having the craftable 7th Seraph) The expansion destination + activity guns probably won't be craftable either.

"Fewer total guns craftable" also makes it might just sound like a relative thing. Similar amount of craftable guns, but less % of total because there's more guns each season from ritual.

e: Like I think this maybe goes hand in hand with the focusing revamps for ritual vendors: They want to put more importance/value in going to Shaxx and focusing a bunch of engrams to get a gun you want.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of them walking back weapon crafting. The new exotic was what I hoped they went the direction of... quests and content to unlock bits for weapon crafting. It would be cool if you had to like, do activities to get perks for your guns.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
reading it back and reading the replies here, i think i probably fixated too much on that one phrase from the blog post and it probably isn't as bad as it sounds. ultimately, i just hope seasonal weapons stay craftable and they don't cut back on the number of them available each season.

EDIT: and big agree about revision zero as well. i don't even like this gun at all but i've had fun doing all the little tasks to unlock all the bits for it.

510rems fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 13, 2023

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It sounds like a side path for weapon crafting, instead of making guns from scratch you can take existing adept guns and give them enhanced perks

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 13, 2023

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of them walking back weapon crafting. The new exotic was what I hoped they went the direction of... quests and content to unlock bits for weapon crafting. It would be cool if you had to like, do activities to get perks for your guns.

Until you realize that they'd make it RNG(of course), and you end up doing 10 activities in a row for like, 10 shoot to loot perk chips or loving whatever.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

“This rebalancing of objectives and rewards is going to be a slow burn over the year of Lightfall, and we are going to take a more direct approach in our last Season of the year, dedicating a significant amount of development time toward a more core ritual-focused season. While this Season will have plenty of new activity and story content, we want to take this time right before The Final Shape to crisp up our core rituals and pursuits as we head into our final expansion of the Light and Darkness Saga. This last seasonal effort is just now getting underway, so expect more details as we get further into the year.”

Going to take the optimist stance and say that while nothing was said about Gambit now, there’s changes in the work that we won’t hear until much later in the Lightfall year

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

It sounds like a side path for weapon crafting, instead of making guns from scratch you can take existing adept guns and give them enchanted perks

I mean yes but the RNG of even getting the two major perks you want on a gun is way worse than the Deepsight pattern grind and that's before you get into barrels, intrinsics, and masterworks.

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah the other thing is this feels kinda sudden. We just went through adding crafting to DSC with the promise they'd do it to more raids later on, plus adding it to DoE. This is a total 180 from the direction they've been going for the past year over an issue I haven't really seen anyone in the fanbase complain about.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 13, 2023

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SgtSteel91 posted:

Going to take the optimist stance and say that while nothing was said about Gambit now, there’s changes in the work that we won’t hear until much later in the Lightfall year

As a weirdo who’s favourite mode has always been Gambit, I hope you’re right.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Armor sets for the next season looks pretty awesome (at least what I can see from the promo picture).

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

CottonWolf posted:

As a weirdo who’s favourite mode has always been Gambit, I hope you’re right.

Gambit got a bunch of tweaks over the past year; I just went back and skimmed the relevant TWAB(s) and there's no mention of plans for anything after.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Can I get feedback from crucible types, seems like what everyone was asking for was less bullshit new modes nobody likes and more maps, and what we're getting is no new maps and at least one new mode nobody asked for?

Opt-in chat is going to kill me and I'm not optimistic about guardian ranks and commendations meaning anything other than the new lfg being populated entirely with "quick raid kwtd, guardian rank 8 + 90 knowledgeable commendations only"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
ok i take that back about "nothing about long term plans after the S16/17 adjustments," have a Joe tweet from... 2021

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422983330375426048?s=20&t=mJZbch8jEDfGcHq3bQt5mg

:/

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Can I get feedback from crucible types, seems like what everyone was asking for was less bullshit new modes nobody likes and more maps, and what we're getting is no new maps and at least one new mode nobody asked for?

Opt-in chat is going to kill me and I'm not optimistic about guardian ranks and commendations meaning anything other than the new lfg being populated entirely with "quick raid kwtd, guardian rank 8 + 90 knowledgeable commendations only"

I feel like we always get a dumbass mode that nobody likes at first, it gets buffed and suddenly there's traction, then it get another change that sits it firmly in the "meh" category.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i'd really like to have a bunch of the old strikes back. if they can use the mars patrol zone for a seasonal activity surely there's a way to get strikes from io and poo poo back.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

muike posted:

surely there's a way to get strikes from io and poo poo back.
the season after next is season of the Deep, which the voice mentioned during Whisper mission, so

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

bring back every pvp map from D1 and every vaulted d2 map

"but they're not bal"

I do not give a single gently caress

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Go nuts, get inventive. Gambit map based on the jumping puzzle from whisper. Wall of dicks crucible map. Exotic version of the Almighty mission from the Red War.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gimme a map that's just whatever weird poo poo drifter is thinking about that day. Gambit mode where it's a cooking competition and we're making a vex milk and cabal suit gel based dip for hive chitin chips. Coin flipping mini game.

I really want to wait and see how things shake out with the new system before getting ~mad at video games~ but goddamn am I tired of hearing about enhancing gunplay and nerfing ability poo poo yet again. They took a fat poo poo on ability cooldowns so many times already and it's taken this long to get that aspect of the fun rpg space magic back, just for them to turn around and probably do it again. It's tiring. I didn't get into destiny to play codblops copy paste. Divorce pvp and pve completely already, or suck it up and just let it ride goddamn.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

am I missing something? ability spam has been absurd for a full year now

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress, they're going to sell those bonus keys in eververse aren't they?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You bet your fuckin rear end buddy

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
They REALLY need to fully divorce PVE and PVP balancing. Coming back to Dawnblade taking five years to be ready was painful.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I miss bottom tree dawnblade, I was just getting into it :sigh:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In my opinion they have totally separated the Pve and pvp balancing. Their patch notes and previews will specifically say things like "no change to PvE damage" and perks already function completely differently against guardians compared to Pve combatants

... It's just that they want some abilities to be better in pvp than Pve, or vice versa

Dawnblade ate poo poo in Pve because they want it to be bad in Pve

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

they aren't selling seraph codes in the eververse right now so I can't really fathom why you think this is something they'd do

e: that said Im not really surprised any destiny 2 fan has some level of "whats the catch"

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

they probably wont. this is just bound presence as a permanent mechanic. But, who knows, i may be wrong. I know as much as the people saying "yes they will" which is knowing jack-all.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't think they'll sell weapons & armor in the eververse, but I do think that eventually the $10 Season Pass will stop being 'New Content' and will start being a bundle of in-game currencies, such as these keys

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Roman posted:

the season after next is season of the Deep, which the voice mentioned during Whisper mission, so

The Deep is just the term the Hive have for the Darkness (or the Witness, or both), a general catch-all for the social darwinist Sword Logic they're all obsessed with. That leads me to believe that this season will be hive focused and probably be the one where we finally deal with Xivu Arath. I guess we'll see.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
For those using an older PC/hardware how has that -high -USEALLAVAILABLECORES in the Steam launch menu worked out for you(if you have used it)?

Seemed to work well but then last night I ran into that hard crash/have to repair issues I keep seeing online, not sure if that is connected or just random? Google says something about a log dump into a file that needs to be deleted the longer you play? I forgot to save the drat thread.

(Using old tech. But slowly upgrading)
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 390 Series
CPU
AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor
4 Cores(definitely not tech savvy, but in the AMD Alt-R menu, even with an 8 core it lists 4?)

Im trying to find anything and everything online to tweak while I upgrade, any links would be most appreciated(I run upwards of 70-80FPS on mostly high settings so far), theres one talking about BIOS changes but thats above my pay grade.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wooo, got my legend solo flawless seraph shield done, that was stressful I was absolutely sure there was going to be assume kind of bug again

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Made the mistake of choosing 2 Gambit weeklies for Stasis and one of them had a "kill 40 enemies with your stasis super" and I guess it doesn't count freeze damage just impact because I'd only get 1-2 a match. I did hit rank 16 and reset my rank though for the first time from the million matches I played so that's cool I guess.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Really hoping that they just mean that they're not going to offer patterns for seasonal World Weapons and Dungeon Weapons anymore and leave Seasonal Content/Raid patterns the gently caress alone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Roman posted:

...as all things should be.

The perfect nerf proof & future proof item.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

victrix posted:

am I missing something? ability spam has been absurd for a full year now

Yes, its great and fun and I love it?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it sucks bad that the most interesting part of destiny is the space magic and bungie is like "we need less space magic"

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Days since PVP has ruined the game around it: 0

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Kith posted:

it sucks bad that the most interesting part of destiny is the space magic and bungie is like "we need less space magic"

I have a crazy idea. Maybe there should be more space magic.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Kith posted:

This is the third(?) time they've decided the problem is too much of the fun thing happening.

What's it been like a week since they were all hyping how high APM Strand is going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Design team: we've freed up the mod system so it's less complex. Here's all the new complex ways of priming and detonating enemies that comes with strand, each of which comes from a different ability. We can't wait for you to live your neomuna power fantasy!

Mischievous gremlin: you can only use each ability once every 5 minutes. Supers take half an hour. Also we buffed the 'base difficulty' which means ttk nerf and enemy health buffs, so even when you get your abilities off it won't kill anything. And you'll need to save your grapple for the near-constant jumping puzzles anyyway ehh he he he he hee.