Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I always get the Rock and Dwayne Johnson confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I always get the Rock and Dwayne Johnson confused

"Why is a wrestler driving a car, anyway?"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Some of the face blindness that gets brought up here is mind-boggling. Someone will be like “I always got Anthony Hopkins and Danny Devito mixed up” and you are floored at the thought and think there’s no way that could be true and some other poster will be like “yeah, me and my spouse do too” or “I can see that. They have such similar eyes” and I’m wondering what has glitched out in the simulation

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I get Helen Hunt, Holly Hunter, Laura Linney, and Laura Dearn all confused.

One of the Lauras looks like one of the Hs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

credburn posted:

I've always thought Michael Cera looked a lot like Jesse Eisenberg. Also, I always though that guy who played Ross on Friends looks a lot like Dylan McDermott. Also had this weird association with Chuck Norris / Don Johnson, Aaron Eckhart / Thomas Jane...

https://youtu.be/XGqSn5Cnw74

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was streaming m Live Free or Die Hard and on the shared Discord server I was in, somebody mistook Justin Long for Adam Driver.

I was mildly impressed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It rather doesn't help that Hollywood jumps right the gently caress on trends and archetypes and tends to have about exactly one idea at a time for what 'leading male' and other roles should look like.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought Michael Jai White, Jan-Michael Vincent, and Jai Courtney were the same person.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jai Courtney as Black Dynamite would be quite something.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought Michael Jai White, Jan-Michael Vincent, and Jai Courtney were the same person.

When I first heard about Michael Jai White I thought he was Jaleel White and was impressed by the change in his career path.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I always get Ed Helms and Jason Sudeikis confused.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For real, the two closest celebrity matches are Will Ferrel and Chad Smith (drummer for RHCP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWHyBOk2iQ

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

credburn posted:

I've always thought Michael Cera looked a lot like Jesse Eisenberg. Also, I always though that guy who played Ross on Friends looks a lot like Dylan McDermott. Also had this weird association with Chuck Norris / Don Johnson, Aaron Eckhart / Thomas Jane...

This was a plot point on Arrested Development

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://youtu.be/XGqSn5Cnw74

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
My celebrity mix up duo is Vincent Dinfrio and WIlliam Adam Baldwin.

It didn't help my confusion knowing that they both starred in Full Metal Jacket. They don't look alike in that movie but when Vincent was younger they were easy to mistake with one another.

edit: Adam Baldwin

BiggerBoat has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Feb 13, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That’s Adam Baldwin, the GamerGate rear end in a top hat that’s not related to Alec, Billy, etc.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The elites in Hollywood want us to believe that Emma Mackey, Samara Weaving, Jamie King, Jamie Pressly, and Margot Robbie are all different people.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Brad Garrett and Patrick Warburton are the same person.

A decade ago, during the like two weeks I tried to use Twitter, I made this joke that Patrick Warburton and Brad Garrett were the same person, and weirdly one of them (I honestly don't remember who), his wife replied with this anecdote about the single time the two worked together and it was real sweet.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney was one for me for a while, but I never got the persons themselves confused, just the names.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The elites in Hollywood want us to believe that Emma Mackey, Samara Weaving, Jamie King, Jamie Pressly, and Margot Robbie are all different people.

Margot Robbie can ham it up more in the background with no dialog than those others can do at full non-star-power in closeup.

I didn’t even know that I’d seen Jamie King or Emma Mackey they left such a non-impression.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Oh, also, Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman. I never THOUGHT I'd get them confused but wow do I ever

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

credburn posted:

A decade ago, during the like two weeks I tried to use Twitter, I made this joke that Patrick Warburton and Brad Garrett were the same person, and weirdly one of them (I honestly don't remember who), his wife replied with this anecdote about the single time the two worked together and it was real sweet.

Well they did both play emotionally charged mechanics on Seinfeld. Though one may have taken his love for cars a bit too far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney was one for me for a while, but I never got the persons themselves confused, just the names.

Hub, there was a show or movie I watched recently that got them mixed up.... Now I can't remember what that was. I have no idea.... Wait, it might've been king of the hill.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

credburn posted:

Confusing the Tick for one of the boring doofs on Everyone Loves Raymond. For shame.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hub, there was a show or movie I watched recently that got them mixed up.... Now I can't remember what that was. I have no idea.... Wait, it might've been king of the hill.

There was a great snl skit of it.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Arrath posted:

Confusing the Tick for one of the boring doofs on Everyone Loves Raymond. For shame.

I get Peter Serafinowicz and Patricia Heaton mixed up too

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

freeedr posted:

I get Peter Serafinowicz and Patricia Heaton mixed up too

Hey we're all around the same age. Was Patricia Heaton part of anyone else's sexual awakening?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Heaton me up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

$600 would be a good price new from a store or something. It shot way up.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

credburn posted:

Oh, also, Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman. I never THOUGHT I'd get them confused but wow do I ever

If he's nearly getting killed by an alien it's Pullman

If he's definitely getting killed by an alien it's Paxton

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

credburn posted:

Hey we're all around the same age. Was Patricia Heaton part of anyone else's sexual awakening?

Nah, man. That's like wanting to gently caress your own mom.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn’t Heaton the one that went after Michael J. Fox for being open about his Parkinson’s and promoting stem cell research?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Isn’t Heaton the one that went after Michael J. Fox for being open about his Parkinson’s and promoting stem cell research?

poo poo, you're not kidding. Read an article from 2015 how she voted (and was even in a commercial) against stem cell research.

And yet, 2 years later...

https://twitter.com/PatriciaHeaton/status/836057278289588226?t=1U3bxRB5dP20yId-UffyYQ&s=19

Also, I don't know of any actress who gives off "Midwestern mom" vibes as much as she does.

Rupert Buttermilk has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Feb 14, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Judas H God, she literally refers to herself as a breeder in her profile. :mad:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Patrick Warburton is a 7 foot tall actor who made his career in a 90s sitcom about a neurotic Jewish man and his weird friends who now mostly does cartoon voiceover work playing buff, lantern-jawed heroes

Brad Garrett is a 7 foot tall actor who made his career in a 90s sitcom about a neurotic Italian man and his weird family who now mostly does cartoon voiceover work playing buff, lantern-jawed villains

They couldn't be more different

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Same for me, but it was Steve Martin and Martin Short when talking about Only Murders in the Building.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Petition for Steve Martin to change his name to Martin Long

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aphrodite posted:

They also both have the same cop haircut which I guess doesn't help some people.

It's this I'm pretty sure

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
i couldn't tell apart those two guys in the prestige

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Spoilers