Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Tahirovic posted:

If you‘re farming 99 I can toss out LNs. I‘ve been sending surplus Lemonade away as well.
If anyone needs meals, I got large stock piles to hand out.

I am 🐟99, I’ll take some! kaptainkaffeine in game. I’ve hesitated asking for LNs in chat, seems like everybody mostly still uses em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don‘t worry, I have 1t crop row and storehouse and enough silver for T199 already. I upgraded all my passive production weeks ago when there was nothing to do with silver.

I am trying to hand out as much as possible, so I am just going through my friend list sending away my stuff.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
I'm down to the last bit of A Towering Investment, and need a few things that are mailable. Would anyone have any Grasshoppers, Dragonflies, or Gold Peppers they could send over? My Farmer name is Osx.

Thanks everyone!

alecm fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 13, 2023

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

alecm posted:

I'm down to the last bit of A Towering Investment, and need a few things that are mailable. Would anyone have any Grasshoppers, Dragonflies, Gold Leaves, or Gold Peppers they could send over? My Farmer name is Osx.

Sent you a MB full of each of those (except gold leaves aren't mailable).

Looks like Rosalie has a new cooking recipe. Red Berry Pie. I'm not clear on what, if anything, it does yet.

Edit:

They sell for 20 million silver apiece, so they appear to be a way to get more cooking XP and silver.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 13, 2023

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
The new update notice mentions the pies and a couple of new crafting items. Looks like they're all for xp/silver.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Bullshit I want to eat the pies.

Aside, if Buddy's Almanac is to be believed, ROOMBA is going to have two quests pop up next reset. Both are for heart necklace pieces.

Guess what the magic robot needs.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

Don‘t worry, I have 1t crop row and storehouse and enough silver for T199 already. I upgraded all my passive production weeks ago when there was nothing to do with silver.

I am trying to hand out as much as possible, so I am just going through my friend list sending away my stuff.

As a beneficiary of this, Thank You! The Lemonade is going to good use.

Big ups to Marcus as well. This recent OJ and Lemonade flood has been awesome.

I hit my first 99, Fishing, on Friday. Now I'm stuck waiting for the Exchange Center to pop Shark Teeth and farming Corn.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Apparently I should have been planting pine/cabbage this whole time as T100 unlocked another frozen item quest. I don't know if I'm going to make it to 20 cabbage and 20 pine by Feb 28.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The community in the game is almost impossibly nice. I'm so jaded and it's great to see.

Also echoing Marcus has been a huge help. Finally got 70+ in all skills and signed up for the beta patreon cause I needed a good addicting web game and again, i love the community

Weedle
May 31, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

Apparently I should have been planting pine/cabbage this whole time as T100 unlocked another frozen item quest. I don't know if I'm going to make it to 20 cabbage and 20 pine by Feb 28.

the next one wants 40 cabbage and 40 pine :shepface:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Weedle posted:

the next one wants 40 cabbage and 40 pine :shepface:

Yeah but I am a ways from t150. :shepspends:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

t100 unlocks all five quest steps

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FIVE???!!!??!!!!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm addicted and will take anything you can send me. @Farmhausen

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

t100 unlocks all five quest steps

Oh I was confusing it with the main quest line. Whoops.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So I just baked 6 pies and I did the tasting step several times which is supposed to provide a mastery bonus on top of the events mastery bonus, but I only earned 6. Anyone else notices this?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay relatively new to this game, everyone seems so friendly though.

Dumb question: what do I use ancient coins for? I’ve maxed out at 250 and wonder if I should be using them on something at this stage or should I worry about it later?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hambeet posted:

Okay relatively new to this game, everyone seems so friendly though.

Dumb question: what do I use ancient coins for? I’ve maxed out at 250 and wonder if I should be using them on something at this stage or should I worry about it later?

What’s your in game name?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet, though I haven’t put my name on the spreadsheet yet as I’ve been feeling out the game, but I think I’m getting hooked.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hambeet posted:

hambeet, though I haven’t put my name on the spreadsheet yet as I’ve been feeling out the game, but I think I’m getting hooked.

Definitely expand your mailbox

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ancient Coins are used to buy

a) things from Borgen's Camp in town - this is only available on Wednesdays and the items change each time
b) more spins on the Wheel of Borgen in town - you get a free spin, then it starts costing more and more coins
c) more tries at the Vault in town
d) some quests requires them

I forget how early you get access to each of these features, but coins are not very valuable overall for a while. They're worth spending at the Vault early on if you failed to guess it because cash is expansion, but if you hit the limit absolutely do not worry about just jamming extras into the Wheel - I still hit my limit fairly regularly and have to spend on the Wheel because outside of Borgen's Camp there's really not that much to spend them on.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

So I just baked 6 pies and I did the tasting step several times which is supposed to provide a mastery bonus on top of the events mastery bonus, but I only earned 6. Anyone else notices this?

it’s a bug on the first batch, it’ll work correctly once you get more than one mastery recorded

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

koshmar posted:

I believe there is a bug where you cannot earn bonus mastery on something if you have never earned mastery on it before. So if those were the first 6 pies you ever baked, the won’t get bonus mastery, but the next 6 pies should. Rule of thumb is to always make 1 of everything first before doing mass crafting/fishing/cooking afterward.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

And if you have none of the above things just sell them for silver. Also beware goons bearing gifts.

(get that mailbox cooking)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oh yeah i should get around to putting myself on the spreadsheet

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

hambeet posted:

I sent you 50 gold, put that towards making your mailbox bigger

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I don't think I've checked the spreadsheet even once. Maybe we should make a simple discord?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

I don't think I've checked the spreadsheet even once. Maybe we should make a simple discord?

Please god no. I just friend people as they post.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Please god no. I just friend people as they post.

lmao fair enough, I should do that too...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

I sent you 50 gold, put that towards making your mailbox bigger

Oh wow! Thanks!

And thanks to all you other generous people.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Sell your inferno spheres today

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I'm an idiot I sold all my inferno spheres and now can't go to ember lagoon...heh

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Rakeris posted:

I'm an idiot I sold all my inferno spheres and now can't go to ember lagoon...heh

Try asking in support.

Make sure you keep one of any item that unlocks something in your storehouse.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Two things: one, is Green Dragon a good next 1bn silver purchase? Got L6 Macaw/Python, maxed out Orchard at 600 trees per fruit, and no 1bn row or Storehouse boost.

And two, is the android Farm RPG app lagging for folks? I can post on SA/Discord fine but the app is taking a bit to load.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Game always gets laggy during events, everyone spamming their nets and APs. But it's much better than it was 6 months ago.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

rafikki posted:

Sell your inferno spheres today

Thanks for this, snagged a cool 12 billion silver.

Got my first merit badge from the money from the breaking the ice questlinr, and my second the next day from the Valentine's quests. I guess I should keep climbing, but it's been fun to take a break and just farm some potatoes for a change.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
just got the breakfast boost recipe from lorn. Gifting all the by catch prawns from trying to get seaweed and squid for ATI IV. Nice little dovetail there!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's also bonus day for Cecil, get him to 60 if you can. Pain in the rear end leveling him that high.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

Two things: one, is Green Dragon a good next 1bn silver purchase? Got L6 Macaw/Python, maxed out Orchard at 600 trees per fruit, and no 1bn row or Storehouse boost.

And two, is the android Farm RPG app lagging for folks? I can post on SA/Discord fine but the app is taking a bit to load.

A storehouse boost is always a good idea. It doesn't seem like much but it adds up over time.

Tree Frog is a common early suggestion to take to L6, as it'll give you Gold Leaves and Gold Feathers passively.

If you don't have Farming 99 yet, consider either the 1b crop row or the Kitchen for a big experience boost with the 10% event boost stacking onto it. That combination took me from Farming 83 to 96 and then 96 to 99 very rapidly.

Green Dragon will give your silver a good per-day boost once fully built up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

delfin posted:

A storehouse boost is always a good idea. It doesn't seem like much but it adds up over time.

Tree Frog is a common early suggestion to take to L6, as it'll give you Gold Leaves and Gold Feathers passively.

If you don't have Farming 99 yet, consider either the 1b crop row or the Kitchen for a big experience boost with the 10% event boost stacking onto it. That combination took me from Farming 83 to 96 and then 96 to 99 very rapidly.

Green Dragon will give your silver a good per-day boost once fully built up.

Hm, might just do the row then. Already have a kitchen (it's dumb, sorry), and my Farming is at 93. Specifically 1.05bn XP points.

Or does buying the Storehouse +2 boost also give me Farming XP