Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah more drops and world mobs that might punch back would be awesome.

However the worst part is usually talent domains, at least for me. The rate of book drops is suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Its so boring I agree. I had to do al haitham xiao and hu tao this patch (9/10/9, 10/9/9, 10/9/9) and it's legitimately more than a week of resin per character just for talent books. I enjoy artifacts btw they're actually fun this is just a tax.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

RareAcumen posted:

Fight weekly bosses, look for Inazuma and Sumeru Sigils to turn in for them as rewards. You said you went back and did Dragonspine so I assume you've got all of those billets from the tree now.

Ah no, I’m only like 1/2 way done with that loving thing. Tried going back using the interactive map but it’s a pain in the rear end.

I’ll just do that because I want the drat glider anyway.

Also; thanks everyone for mentioning the bosses. I’ve been ignoring those for a few months now. Im AR50 because I’m too lazy to ascend and I was trying to grind boss mats quicker but I heard it gets harder the higher your AR is to get the billets to drop so another reason I stopped.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow that takes me back. I dont remember if the billet acquisition thing was ever really confirmed. There was some data that suggested it but the sample sizes werent huge and it may have been a patch-to-patch thing rather than a strictly AR related thing even if the association existed.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The grind remains awful and the only thing that gives me pause in trying to roll for Dehya when she's out is the idea of leveling her at all, honestly

Anyway, finally did those desert quests, when do I get to roll for Jeht

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
grinding out resources and upgrades for one character is about the amount of Genshin i'm looking for at one time, it's a decent-sized project (if you must have RPG stats and gearing and F2P economy at all; most games with them would be better without)

the problem is occasionally the game asks you to make entirely distinct teams with no overlap, and that takes way too loving long to pay off in terms of something actually playable

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Weekly bosses. Billets are actually the most limited resource in the game in that they are all RNG from bosses, given as main game exploration/quest rewards, or given away during the summer island event, which we've had twice so far.

You can also stop logging in for a while and as part of the welcome back event it will give you a billet trove!

Probably not the answer anyone’s looking for though

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

MoonCrab posted:

And here I am wishing there was a higher world level that guaranteed 3 boss drops :/

Hate these guys, worst part of getting new characters.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

:same:

Hell, I'd take WL9 if it meant more handguard/mushroom/spectre grey drops

Seriously, I'd love an overall World Level/level cap increase just for that alone. Especially for gems. That always seems to be the biggest hurdle I have to get over with bringing a character up.

Does anyone think we're gonna get such an increase with Fontaine?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
ngl - sometimes I just like getting stoned out of my gourd and then just doing some classic grinding in game.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah but Oceanid sucks, all my homies hate Oceanid, always bring your big brother to beat up Oceanid.

:hmmyes:

I needed to grind Oceanid last week, and while Dendro makes the fight better (especially against those loving birds), it's still not good

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Someone make a tier list of all of the world boss fights.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Someone make a tier list of all of the world boss fights.
By difficulty or annoyance? Green chicken is the best one and it's so well animated. Geo wolf, green snake, and oceanid are the worst ones.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

No Wave posted:

By difficulty or annoyance?

Dealer's choice.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oceanid isn't that bad since they added hyperbloom. Can't one shot it, but it's trivially easy to kill.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Basically you'll get different answers depending peoples' account level. Early on the primo geovishap was formidable because he's such a damage sponge, but eventually all the damage sponge bosses die in 20 seconds anyways and I fight him willingly all the time just to see how my comps are doing. Hypostases have much less HP but their mechanics take time no matter how strong your characters are. I chose the bottom 3 because the green snake is super irritating even if you kill him fast, oceanid is multi-phase and you listen to rhodeia's speech over and over, and wolflord's gimmick just isn't very fun.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 14, 2023

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Boss tier list:

S Tier: Anything without invincible/untargetable phases
F Tier: Anything with invincible/untargetable phases

Being able to finish Signora before her timewaster phase and Raiden before her damage reduction phase is of paramount importance to my teambuilding now.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Boss tier list:

S Tier: Anything without invincible/untargetable phases
F Tier: Anything with invincible/untargetable phases

this guy gets it

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I found green snake (the new one right?) to be really trivial with Keqing FischlC6 aggravate. Drop him to 50% on his entrance, he goes immediately to air balls phase where 2 arrows from FischlC6 stuns, then cleanup.

Though really its probably FischlC6 that's carrying

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

gandlethorpe posted:

Oceanid isn't that bad since they added hyperbloom. Can't one shot it, but it's trivially easy to kill.

Nahida/Raiden makes Oceanid much easier to deal with. Well, unless you get bad RNG and have to deal with a shitload of crabs.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I was so happy to be done with the geo cube, and then I saw what yaoyao needs for her talents.

It's incredible how they managed to make the overworld bosses fine at worst in sumeru, and then also decided to have that overcomplicated time waster robot bullshit.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Just freeze everything with Ayaka?!?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Zenostein posted:

I was so happy to be done with the geo cube, and then I saw what yaoyao needs for her talents.

It's incredible how they managed to make the overworld bosses fine at worst in sumeru, and then also decided to have that overcomplicated time waster robot bullshit.

lol I was really confused for a second what part of geo cube had to do with yaoyao. But yeah the shield phase for scara basically having a mandatory minimum time as a puzzle boss is annoying.

e: also a boss of that size should not teleport as much as he does. the number of times i missed the dendro beam thing the first handful of times i fought him because he teleported out of the way

Garrand fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 14, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Garrand posted:

lol I was really confused for a second what part of geo cube had to do with yaoyao. But yeah the shield phase for scara basically having a mandatory minimum time as a puzzle boss is annoying.

e: also a boss of that size should not teleport as much as he does. the number of times i missed the dendro beam thing the first handful of times i fought him because he teleported out of the way

Ah, yes I definitely meant dendro cube. whoops.

I just hate how he will inevitably do his stupid 'no you are dead now' attack immediately after I shoot him. Also how janky the drat controls are for doing that.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Dramatika posted:

You can also stop logging in for a while and as part of the welcome back event it will give you a billet trove!

Probably not the answer anyone’s looking for though

Honestly I may be down. The only people I care to pull for is our nerfed desert cat girl until Fontaine.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

already bored of dehya, waiting patiently for geo catgirl

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Radical posted:

already bored of dehya, waiting patiently for geo catgirl

If geo cat girl is 4* you know she’s already going to join “TeH M3ta” since Dehya is apparently/unfortunately useless. 4* have been almost always on point for fitting into someone’s team with the exception of Dori and Heizou.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Rofl. Decided that gently caress it, I'd try the weapon banner.

Got Staff of Homa at 8 wishes. Why is this where I get some good luck?

This game really wants me to play Xiao it seems.

Or I could put it on Xiangling... though I just farmed The Catch yesterday. :negative:

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 14, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
only two more characters left until max friendship for all 🥹 then we raise everyone to 90

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Any boss who teleports can go gently caress off

Also... Geo Catgirl?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Any boss who teleports can go gently caress off

Also... Geo Catgirl?

part of the leaks for 3.7

not a whole lot is known atm except for her overall character design and color scheme

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The legendary geo catgirl...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MoonCrab posted:

The legendary geo catgirl...

It's me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

why am I getting a third loop of "The Flowers That Won't Grow"???? Why does this chain even repeat in the first place???

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Excelzior posted:

part of the leaks for 3.7

not a whole lot is known atm except for her overall character design and color scheme

She screams 4* but I’ve been dead wrong in the past (I thought Candace would be a 5*).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

No Wave posted:

why am I getting a third loop of "The Flowers That Won't Grow"???? Why does this chain even repeat in the first place???

at a guess because there's an achievement for hunting down the whopperflower afterward and they don't want it to become unattainable

i'm sure there are other ways they could accomplish this (like just having it stick around indefinitely) but it's all i can think of

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

bengraven posted:

If geo cat girl is 4* you know she’s already going to join “TeH M3ta” since Dehya is apparently/unfortunately useless. 4* have been almost always on point for fitting into someone’s team with the exception of Dori and Heizou.

Heizou fits on his own team, of fun punch dudes who just want elemental reactions to swirl and then punch more (Tazer)

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Heizou fits on his own team, of fun punch dudes who just want elemental reactions to swirl and then punch more (Tazer)

Okay I kind of love that.

I stepped away for a few months and at the time he did still fit into one meta team so I already messed up my own “point”.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just love that drat punchman. And of course he's one of the 4*s I only have at like c1, because he's only ever been on banners I didn't care about pulling otherwise

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

huh. I just realized the warrior spirit event bonus objective is to *attempt* the pro difficulty duel, not *win* it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Because they've just now gotten around to writing an ending, I assume.

At least I assume it'll go away now that they've managed. I think commissions work like that when they have storylines, like the thing with the nun.