Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Stuff that will not be explained next week, probably I would like explained next week:

-Soooo what's the deal with Kaito? Is he Zenkaiger Kaito? God? What?
-Why do the Hitotsuki contain the power of the Sentai Gears? Did Kaito lose them? If so, how?
-Who is Murasame's "mother"? What is her objective?

Like, part of me kind of wants Donbrothers to troll us by either not answering these questions, or saving those answers for movies/V-Cinema, but come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

Stuff that will not be explained next week, probably I would like explained next week:

-Why do the Hitotsuki contain the power of the Sentai Gears? Did Kaito lose them? If so, how?

Like, part of me kind of wants Donbrothers to troll us by either not answering these questions, or saving those answers for movies/V-Cinema, but come on.

And who was the voice that told Jiro to seek out the other Donbrothers after Tarou died.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MachuPikacchu posted:

We’ve got two episodes left actually (I believe it got mentioned a while back that DonBrothers was going to be 50 episodes), though whether we actually get answers to any of those questions regardless remains to be seen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/gaisoulg/status/1624861027874611200?s=46&t=py7u94q20RXfTg42yHkjfg

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

He’s a hero.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

This reminds me that one of my favorite running gags from this show is the continuing success of Kaito's modeling career.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here's your Ohsama Sentai

https://twitter.com/Ben77878871/status/1625331212041572353?s=20&t=NFb7ZmHbuVGI54ZO8B34Qg

https://twitter.com/KRSentai/status/1625331476874280960

Papillon is a woman

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 14, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Okay Kingohger seems weird enough that I can say it's part of the 5 year plan.

I'm team Kamikiri Ohger

https://twitter.com/TokuRed/status/1625335081849221122

The enemy general is clearly an evil member of the Red's family line. And his evil vizier has a very good design.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 14, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So to clarify, is this week’s episode the end of DonBros as the preview seems to imply or is there one more afterwards (I thought something came out a little while back saying it’d be 50 episodes but I could be wrong)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 14, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Donbrothers ended like 5 months ago

No, it's 50, there's one more

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingohger looks interesting as well and I’m glad we’re getting more than one girl again. Has anything come out about the inevitable sixth yet out of curiosity?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Larryb posted:

Kingohger looks interesting as well and I’m glad we’re getting more than one girl again. Has anything come out about the inevitable sixth yet out of curiosity?

No this is literally the first full trailer and actor/character announcement.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No this is literally the first full trailer and actor/character announcement.

Gotcha, though I seem to remember that kind of stuff typically leaking out pretty quickly when it comes to Sentai via toy listings and the like

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 14, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What are the character's names? From the style and stuff I'd assume this is a season where they're non-traditional Japanese names, like the Zyuman portion of the Zyuohger cast or most of the Kyurangers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

What are the character's names? From the style and stuff I'd assume this is a season where they're non-traditional Japanese names, like the Zyuman portion of the Zyuohger cast or most of the Kyurangers.

https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Category:King-Ohgers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kuwaga Ohger: Gira
Tonbo Ohger: Yanma Gust
Kamakiri Ohger: Himeno Ran
Papillon Ohger: Rita Kanisuka
Hachi Ohger: Kaguagi Dibousuki

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So who’s the “Rcules Hasty” guy pictured with the main team then?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
from similarities in outfits, Gira's... brother? cousin? retainer?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ercules is the current king of Shugoddom, Gira is the actual red who I think is campaigning to overthrow him, which is not how I expected Red being the "self-proclaimed" king to play out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hey this King OhGer poo poo looks great. If I wanna watch it weekly, what sub group should i start looking at most likely?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Rita might be nonbinary. It's not clear right now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Hey this King OhGer poo poo looks great. If I wanna watch it weekly, what sub group should i start looking at most likely?

Over Time's pretty consistently done Sentai

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Over Time's pretty consistently done Sentai

Nice, nice, glad Over Time is still at it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Caphi posted:

Ercules is the current king of Shugoddom, Gira is the actual red who I think is campaigning to overthrow him, which is not how I expected Red being the "self-proclaimed" king to play out.

ooh, that's more interesting that i thought it'd be.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Are we entering a new era of arrogant Reds being in?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Rita might be nonbinary. It's not clear right now.

looks like maybe we're getting one girl after all!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Gotcha, though I seem to remember that kind of stuff typically leaking out pretty quickly when it comes to Sentai via toy listings and the like

Is usually about a month or two after the series starts since the sixth typically shows up when the episode count hits double digits

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Caphi posted:

House of the Dragonfly

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caphi posted:

So our main character is basically a would be usurper to the throne? Well that’s an interesting angle at the very least, curious how he winds up getting powers instead of the actual king then

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
bug theme is interesting
though the costumes are too shiny for me, looks too kamen rider.

even if over the years, sentai has been more kamen rider, and kamen rider has been more sentai

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if, as Junpei had mentioned before, they will stay in that setting or if/when they will go "gently caress it, they are all in modern Japan now"

GateOfD posted:

bug theme is interesting
though the costumes are too shiny for me, looks too kamen rider.

even if over the years, sentai has been more kamen rider, and kamen rider has been more sentai

I would dispute this a bit more if the Red wasn't hot this time...

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 14, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1051484419251425280?t=hcJiAEHny__ISB3_bSUaiA&s=19

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
btw I'm like 90% sure that Gira is somehow actually the rightful ruler of Shugoddom and the other guy has previously stolen power somehow, so, you know

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caphi posted:

btw I'm like 90% sure that Gira is somehow actually the rightful ruler of Shugoddom and the other guy has previously stolen power somehow, so, you know

Regardless, since he’s pictured with the team I assume the other guy is going to be a reoccurring ally of some kind at least (maybe even our future sixth) but we’ll see how it goes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/f6d451330e63497e1d503fb9af8844ca8d17f892

Kazusa Okuyama, who played Tsukasa in LuPat, has announced her marriage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shin Ultraman is being released on BD in the US on June 13 by Cleopatra, MSRP $25

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The only aspect that worries me is hwo it'll actually play out week to week. I could totally see them all get dumped into the mysterious kingdom of Modern Day Japan because the bad guys want a thing that's there. Like either that or we get the 5 "sets" for each kingdom (mostly CG) and then most of the blue ranger's kingdom happens to be that one plaza and some back alleys with LED strips attached, black ranger's kingdom is mostly within the quarry, they paint the abandoned warehouse yellow, idk color correct the beach so teh sand is all white and they pour fake snow every time they film.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I like the ceramic frog in a suit.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kings are like cops: The only good ones are fictional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

Kings are like cops: The only good ones are fictional.

:hmmyes: