Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rotinaj posted:

This person is extremely weird

https://twitter.com/Makavelimademe/status/1625066325973381124?s=20&t=9ayfZkSjL97ELSIILv0jsw

Grown rear end men talking about toys? That’s the takeaway, not discussing shady business tactics?

First good thing WWE have done in an eternity, stop AEW getting those horrific wastes of plastic, Funkopops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd say Tony should lean on New Japan to get get a deal for Nendodroids but New Japan doesn't even do that:(

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tired: AEW Nendodroids
Wired: AEW Cat Plush toys

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Go upscale. SH Figuarts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd say Tony should lean on New Japan to get get a deal for Nendodroids but New Japan doesn't even do that:(

They should get the Pyonsukes that New Japan do

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

AEW gunpla so i can build an orange cassidy that transforms into a denim jansport bag

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i would buy an orange cassidy squishmallow

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TV Zombie posted:

I would love an OC funkopop. drat you wwe.

It would just be an empty box.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I never know if these kind of takes are born out of not watching the product, willfully ignoring things, or just plain trolling.

In what world is AEW not intermingling storylines? Look at Hangman. Feuding with Moxley while also considering reconciling with the Elite and blowing off Dark Order. Dark Order is trying to recruit people because they recently lost Preston Vance to RUSH, who was hired by MJF to injure Danielson, who's currently estranged from Mox and the BCC due to the actions of William Regal, who helped MJF win the title off of Mox. In what loving world is that not an intermingled storyline?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW fans never popping. The loud cheers, chants and screams you here are the boys in the back.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Joey McChrist posted:

AEW gunpla so i can build an orange cassidy that transforms into a denim jansport bag

AEW can skip the Bandai poo poo and straight go to Super Sasadango Machine (from DDT fame) who operates a machine shop. They just released a plastic model of SSM.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

AEW is doing a UK show soon, they should partner up with the miniatures industry, I want to run Chaplain Hobbs in my Space Marines. HOOK the Necron. J'awn Morksley.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

A Fancy Hat posted:

I never know if these kind of takes are born out of not watching the product, willfully ignoring things, or just plain trolling.

In what world is AEW not intermingling storylines? Look at Hangman. Feuding with Moxley while also considering reconciling with the Elite and blowing off Dark Order. Dark Order is trying to recruit people because they recently lost Preston Vance to RUSH, who was hired by MJF to injure Danielson, who's currently estranged from Mox and the BCC due to the actions of William Regal, who helped MJF win the title off of Mox. In what loving world is that not an intermingled storyline?

the answer is that person doesn't watch the show

I imagine this is now a talking point after the Cody/Sami promo. WWE for the longest time has been nothing but cookie cutter bubble feuds and now they have a decent story that involves multiple parties so it has to be held up as the best thing in wrestling and everyone who doesn't watch AEW has to ask why AEW isn't doing stuff like this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1625510172318654468

That first sentence will live in my brain.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's the last one for me. Ughhhh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why not just hate the whole thing, ugh

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Who from The Wire is he talking about???

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Asteroid Alert posted:

AEW can skip the Bandai poo poo and straight go to Super Sasadango Machine (from DDT fame) who operates a machine shop. They just released a plastic model of SSM.

Do you have a link where I can buy this. It’s so far up my alley.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who from The Wire is he talking about???

Omar, per the final sentence.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is WrestleMania 38.5 a thing that anyone else is calling it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Why not just hate the whole thing, ugh

Because I love thinking about the epic stories of the MCU and The Wire.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

The_Rob posted:

Do you have a link where I can buy this. It’s so far up my alley.

Unless you live in Japan, you have to have a proxy. Also, currently out of stock, but they're working hard to get more produced.

https://sasadango.thebase.in/items/71156911

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Omar Little, the character who died in a poetic way at the end of episode 58 of 60 and whose death did not significantly affect any of the plot or characters in the final two episodes is a hilarious comparison, especially because if he wanted to reference the Wire there are at least a dozen characters who die earlier in the series who more significantly affect the shape of the rest of the narrative.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Squishy posted:

Omar, per the final sentence.

But I guess I don't understand because Omar died two episodes before the finale without much payoff or anything.

E: what the guy above me said!!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Where’s Sami String?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Asteroid Alert posted:

Unless you live in Japan, you have to have a proxy. Also, currently out of stock, but they're working hard to get more produced.

https://sasadango.thebase.in/items/71156911

drat that sucks. But thank you for the link.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Uncle Howdy vs Brother Muzone

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

Is WrestleMania 38.5 a thing that anyone else is calling it?

Alfred's whole thing is trying to get something like that over and not doing so.

Besides, everyone knows that WrestleMania 38.5 is whatever Saudi show comes right after that's "equal to or greater than WrestleMania"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm so old I remember when Bray Wyatt's return was supposed to be the epic, MCU-like storyline of the WWE. Ryan Satin "discovering" QR codes, deep horror-tinged storylines like "What if there was a spooky ghost backstage", and complex characters like Uncle Howdy. I'm sure that all worked out fine, though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm so old I remember when Bray Wyatt's return was supposed to be the epic, MCU-like storyline of the WWE. Ryan Satin "discovering" QR codes, deep horror-tinged storylines like "What if there was a spooky ghost backstage", and complex characters like Uncle Howdy. I'm sure that all worked out fine, though.

The people who said 'the lore of the Fiend' but sans irony.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/jamesie_2015/status/1624436957026590724?cxt=HHwWiICx-cizlIstAAAA

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 15, 2023

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

What thread is this lol I wanna reply

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Web Jew.0 posted:

What thread is this lol I wanna reply

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1124t9x/wreddits_daily_prowrestling_discussion_thread/j8hz8mx/

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Omar Little, the character who died in a poetic way at the end of episode 58 of 60 and whose death did not significantly affect any of the plot or characters in the final two episodes is a hilarious comparison, especially because if he wanted to reference the Wire there are at least a dozen characters who die earlier in the series who more significantly affect the shape of the rest of the narrative.

Wallace was sitting right there on a tee and my man still struck out swinging

Alfred being a guy who's really into Omar is remarkably on-brand though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Wallace was sitting right there on a tee and my man still struck out swinging

Alfred being a guy who's really into Omar is remarkably on-brand though

Your spoiler is exactly where my mind went too.

Though with that metaphor it ends with Cody being strangled in the library because I don't think Alfred understood the show.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

A Fancy Hat posted:

You see none of that counts because they don't devote 60% of every Dynamite to having someone just stand in the ring and explain all this to you over and over and over and over again, which as we all know is what they call "storytelling" in wrestling

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alfred has never watched The Wire, he’s just saying the character that everyone knows

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Personally, I'm always trying to pop the boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nativity In Black posted:

Personally, I'm always trying to pop the boys.

If Dalton Castle wants his boys popped then you pop his boys.