Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Oh, you fuckers. Galactus losses twice tonight and as extra insult one of them was a chibi variant.

Edit: I'm playing with uncommon cards right now. Not a strong deck kind of supporting the deck strength theory for matchmaking.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I should feel bad for taking 8 cubes from a control deck but i was willing to just win 2 until they decided they needed to snap on turn 5. Sorry buddy but your Shang Chi isn't gonna hit the one power Zola that's left in the lane.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Thom and the Heads posted:

ok forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here. how did I lose if I have less on bar? Have I been misunderstanding bar with no name this whole time or something? do you only win that lane????

this is the funniest thing I've seen in days

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
In fairness, it should probably say 'wins this location' but also, lol.
Card games and imprecise wording, name a better combo.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I lose this without priority. I lose this with any higher pull from his lockjaw. Just so much had to go right here for this. My absolute luckiest win ever by a longshot I feel.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
That spider woman variant is fantastic.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, that was a strange game. I was wondering what the bot was doing but then Wave brought out Agatha., so, I'm not really sure if they were a bot or not. They did a Thumbs up at the end though.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Ninurta posted:

Well, that was a strange game. I was wondering what the bot was doing but then Wave brought out Agatha., so, I'm not really sure if they were a bot or not. They did a Thumbs up at the end though.

Opponent/opponent username combo.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

MJBuddy posted:

How can you check this? I haven't seen anything sortable by rank other than the main meta splash page. Nothing sortable

Sorry it's actually snap.fan, go to cards then click stats you can sort by those criteria there

Here is Galactus average cubes won during season 8 when seen in deck at rank 100+ being .01 per game https://snap.fan/matches/statistics?pool=pool-3-plus&card_pool=pool-3-plus&meta=Death+Galactus&rank=100&cl=3000&season=season-8

Avg cube rate when seen in deck at rank 80-100 is 0.11 per game
https://snap.fan/matches/statistics?rank=80-100&pool=pool-3-plus&card_pool=pool-3-plus&meta=Death+Galactus&cl=&season=season-8

I checked for this season and the stats are higher probably because last season was extra bad at high MMR for Galactus with all the incidental Spidermans in Zabu decks, but it still isn't a well performing deck.

None of this is to say Galactus is a healthy card to play against or whatever, I just don't believe it's a good card after a certain rank.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

That spider woman variant is fantastic.

It's one of the reasons I wanted to get the Chonkie deck going because I want to level it up and show it off. It's probably my fave variant I have. Also I forget what a great card Spider-Woman can be sometimes. Dropping loaded lanes down -4 can be brutal.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm in the mid-2000s, and the Zabu/Silver Surfer nerfs hit me hard. Struggling to make decks with no wong, magneto, ock, rogue, aero, wave, leader or zola.

Been having some mixed success with a Patriot/Mystique/Doom/Ultron deck but I'm low on inspiration.

This season feels rough. Maybe I bumped my MMR beyond my skill ceiling with Zabu+Drac?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Do you have She Hulk?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

doingitwrong posted:

Do you have She Hulk?

Yeah! What should I pair her with?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

MrQueasy posted:

Yeah! What should I pair her with?

She's very good with stuff like Sunspot and Infinaut, or anything that doesn't really care about you "wasting" energy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

“Make Your Opponent Retreat” is the easiest weekly mission with Galactus lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Early in this video are a few Budget options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0gHa0-GGo

She can also be good in Dino decks, and any deck with Moongirl that is happy to skip turn 5 can drop a lot of power on 6.

Depending on what you have, Zabu is still great as an accelerant for any deck that plays 4 drops. If you have most of Sera control, Zabu is a second Sera, kind of.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Gave up on my fun Negative Zabu after the fourth Cosmo in a row. Bought Sauron, and now I'm up 30 Cubes from a tuned Shuri Zero list.

Some day this game will have a healthy meta!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sometimes Snap hates you, and by you, I mean me specifically. Shoutout to opponent Gambits who, in four games:
- hit a 1/7 to make me lose (only big card magneto in the left lane)
- hit a 1/8 to make me lose (magneto who's in the can only fit one card lane)
- hit a 1/12 to make me lose (patriot because I switched decks)
- hit a 1/12 to make me lose (patriot again)

Wish I had Gambit aaargh. Can't wait to use him to start hitting those 1/10s that won't make me win!!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've seen Gambit once in my last 50 games, and it was when a MODOK discarded him.

I would really love to see the nuts 'n bolts of their matchmaking system.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Gambit's definitely the card that always nails your best card when your opponent plays it and always hits your opponent's Bast or armored card when you play it.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Kooriken posted:

Gambit's definitely the card that always nails your best card when your opponent plays it and always hits your opponent's Bast or armored card when you play it.

Gambit in the right Discard deck can wreak havoc on you/your opponent. He thirsts for boosters.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm proud of this game

Not because I played particularly well, my math is actually super rough for winning, but more because I got a "On Card Reaction Emoji" from my opponent tapping on my random super skrull

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MrQueasy posted:

I'm in the mid-2000s, and the Zabu/Silver Surfer nerfs hit me hard. Struggling to make decks with no wong, magneto, ock, rogue, aero, wave, leader or zola.

Been having some mixed success with a Patriot/Mystique/Doom/Ultron deck but I'm low on inspiration.

This season feels rough. Maybe I bumped my MMR beyond my skill ceiling with Zabu+Drac?

Zabu is still the best ramp card in the game and he fits well in control decks. Control is stronger than it has been in a while thanks to the recent nerfs.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is the Token Shop supposed to be able to show you cards you already have? Because I've got Nick Fury in mine and uh...I definitely have Nick Fury already. It's not even a variant!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Spot the difference.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

between this and the dude who just figured out bar with no name, lmao

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Gave up on my fun Negative Zabu after the fourth Cosmo in a row. Bought Sauron, and now I'm up 30 Cubes from a tuned Shuri Zero list.

Some day this game will have a healthy meta!

I posted this... 25 hours ago when I was rank 86. And now I'm Infinite again. Shuri Zero feels absurd; worse than any Surfer or Zabu deck in the last two months because there's no competition. The only deck that gives it a real fight is Galactus.

Sauron pushes the deck's consistency off the charts. You have no bad draws, only good draws and better draws. The non-Sauron version isn't as scary, but with or without this deck is going to dominate the meta until Shuri is nerfed.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Artelier posted:

Is the Token Shop supposed to be able to show you cards you already have? Because I've got Nick Fury in mine and uh...I definitely have Nick Fury already. It's not even a variant!

You missed the memo that they didn't gave away Nick Fury for the Winterverse event, they gave away the Nick Fury signed variant. Getting a variant allows you to play cards you don't have yet, but you'll still unlock the default down the line. Be thrilled you haven't gotten him in a chest yet.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

I posted this... 25 hours ago when I was rank 86. And now I'm Infinite again. Shuri Zero feels absurd; worse than any Surfer or Zabu deck in the last two months because there's no competition. The only deck that gives it a real fight is Galactus.

Sauron pushes the deck's consistency off the charts. You have no bad draws, only good draws and better draws. The non-Sauron version isn't as scary, but with or without this deck is going to dominate the meta until Shuri is nerfed.
That's crazy, congrats. You started playing shuri and immediately became so much better at snapping and retreating.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I need more poo poo talking ability in this game for assholes who snap at the very last second then after winning spam "I am confident"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

That's crazy, congrats. You started playing shuri and immediately became so much better at snapping and retreating.

It's real dumb. Even when you don't draw Shuri, the deck can vomit so much energy-efficient power that often, you'll still roll over people. E.g., Zero into Maw, Sauron, Mary is 23 power on board by turn 4. That's a shitload! If you do draw the Shrui then you do indeed just win outright most of the time.

Edit: lookin' at this unreleased card and laughing. How did Shuri even happen?

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 14, 2023

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

double negative posted:

between this and the dude who just figured out bar with no name, lmao

i still can't get over this. it says WIN!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Edit: lookin' at this unreleased card and laughing. How did Shuri even happen?

I could not agree more. There is so little handbuff in the game - for good reason! And for some reason shuri feels "fair" to casual players or something because no one ever complains about her. I'm not even optimistic she'll get nerfed this month because there hasnt been enough noise about her online.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I think Shuri by herself is mostly ok because in a ramp deck I can play Electro on 3, Dino 4, then two six cost cards. That’s a comparable amount of power. The problem for me comes when Sauron removes any downside from the big card and Taskmaster can copy it along with a decent one drop on turn 6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shuri is a 17 point 4 drop!! Sometimes you have to cope with 12 points! It's so far above rate it's extraordinary. But something about the design of the card makes you think this is fair, and you're not alone here.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Lost to darkhawk and it made me realize I don't think I've ever won a game against Darkhawk

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Had someone drop Wong, Mystique, then Gambit on Kamar-Taj. Unfortunately I had Wolverine out.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Skippy McPants posted:

Congrats!

When I get Sauron I'm going to try this out (probably before, too).

Push El Burrito posted:

Had someone drop Wong, Mystique, then Gambit on Kamar-Taj. Unfortunately I had Wolverine out.

:sickos:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I see Shuri now and unless I have some serious wincons in hand I am OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shuri is why aero is a mandatory card for me. Aero doesnt guarantee you a win but it does give you a way to win. Trying to dog their shuri is a really high stakes game because if you miss you literally just lose they put the red skull on the dog and the game is over.