Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Along with the price hike announcement, this was not the best Thursday for news, to say the least.

Ended up deciding to drop my Heresy stuff for the time being, putting the WIPs in storage whenever I find a suitable box or two. Been a while coming but just sealed the deal. At least unlike my 1.0 army it'll still be there if I want to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Also even more of a plastic/resin hybrid, an extremely cursed combination IMHO.

They'll bring back the leg and arm details as metal upgrade kits

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Coming soon, Made-to-Order Contemptor shoulders, arms, and legs for the same price* as the original FW Contemptor kit!

*plus a 10% "inflation compensation" price adjustment

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Improbable Lobster posted:

They'll bring back the leg and arm details as metal upgrade kits

Those will go perfectly with my boiled chicken bone basing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So Thursday’s new product announcement was a discontinuation of an existing product, to be partially replaced at an unspecified future date. Cool!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Anyone got an idea for Rotor cannons for Solar Auxilia models? I'm :filez: the Valour Korps and the idea of a full size squad with those cannons just sounds like stupid fun(in terms of chucking dice at least)
I've checked the GW and Forgeworld sites and can't find a good source of rotor cannons

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So Thursday’s new product announcement was a discontinuation of an existing product, to be partially replaced at an unspecified future date. Cool!

Welcome to 30k baybeeee

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Anyone got an idea for Rotor cannons for Solar Auxilia models? I'm :filez: the Valour Korps and the idea of a full size squad with those cannons just sounds like stupid fun(in terms of chucking dice at least)
I've checked the GW and Forgeworld sites and can't find a good source of rotor cannons

I'm in the process of converting up a 10-man squad myself. You can use the Space Marine ones with some conversion.

If you can find them, get the previous iteration of the Legion rotor cannon set (the ones with a slightly cruder barrel and no barrel shroud), because their ammo backpacks are separate smaller parts rather than built into SM backpacks. It's a lot easier to mount them on the lower backs of Veletari and then bend the ammo belts to fit.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

SkyeAuroline posted:

Along with the price hike announcement, this was not the best Thursday for news, to say the least.

Ended up deciding to drop my Heresy stuff for the time being, putting the WIPs in storage whenever I find a suitable box or two. Been a while coming but just sealed the deal. At least unlike my 1.0 army it'll still be there if I want to come back.

:byewhore:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Heresy, heresy never changes

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

We got plastic multi-pose contemptors and the monkey’s paw curled

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Crossposting from the painting thread

My Spirit Otter posted:

So im doing up a 30k E.C. army that im totally going to fully paint before starting on anything else, and ive been using a lot of xerxes purple in 40k and i think it might be a bit too dark. My plan is to mix it with irridescent medium to give it a polished armour look.

Here's an armiger i did a while ago that has very similar colours, so im wondering if you guys would go lighter or not.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Looks great to me - my only concern would be your basing scheme. Just keep the base darker or it could detract from the figures.

EC were among the first to start customizing their armor, so there's no "wrong purple" like you'd find in historicals.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

moths posted:

Looks great to me - my only concern would be your basing scheme. Just keep the base darker or it could detract from the figures.

EC were among the first to start customizing their armor, so there's no "wrong purple" like you'd find in historicals.

So more of a dark grey rocky type of base?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That sounds good, or maybe a chocolate brown muddy earth base.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

moths posted:

That sounds good, or maybe a chocolate brown muddy earth base.

but my precious lil narcissicists cant get dirty

and thanks for the response, appreciated

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
What size magnet is good for the cataphractii special weapons from FW?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Lucinice posted:

What size magnet is good for the cataphractii special weapons from FW?

A 1.5 or 2mm magnet should hold it fine.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

My Spirit Otter posted:

Crossposting from the painting thread

The colours are great but the coverage with the gold is a little patchy. How are you doing it?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
30K is getting the McFarlane treatment!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's a Mutant Chronicles Warzone figure, nice try Games Werkshop.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I like all the bare heads. As a fan of the now discontinued Stormcast bare head set, sets like that add a nice amount of variety and character to the models that the one or two identical heads per troop sprue can never match.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
happy to finally have a fu manchu mustache

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Finished up that praetor and decided to try my hand at painting gemstones for the fancy lad

Commissar Canuck fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 17, 2023

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Commissar Canuck posted:

Finished up that praetor and decided to try my hand at painting gemstones for the fancy lad

God, I love that stupid, sexy sexy purple! Good stuff!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Looks great duder

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Yeah that is an awesome rich purple, I'm jealous

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Any specified release date for the Alpha Legion upgrade sprues?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Demilich posted:

Any specified release date for the Alpha Legion upgrade sprues?
They seem to have become available roughly 4-6 weeks after their announcement in most cases. I'd expect to see the Alpha Legion and Raven Guard upgrades along with Exodus in the next week or two and then the Esoterist, Head Upgrades and potentially that new daemonic Assassin a few weeks after that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm assuming that the ruinstorm will be released around the same time as the daemonic assassin.

They were non-committal about it on Facebook, which suggests there's still production hiccups if it's a physical book. If it's PDF only, I expect that they would have been more firm.

Oh and I finally got to play a few games! Very low points because we're still figuring everything out, but my WHFB friend and I felt very at home.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Would love to hear more about peoples games ITT so I can live vicariously through them like I did back then with the White Dwarf battle reports in the early 00's

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Thanks for kind words, gang! I just wish I could figure out a way to capture the luster on this paint scheme. You lose a lot in pictures :/

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

My very much loyalist preator is finally complete :)

quote:

At peak winter on Chogoris, where the unforgiving sands of Yi'ijdi crash into the rocky sea, the winds shift for one night to reveal sun bleached ruins. Amid this desolate expanse, the last of the free dune riders gather in the place of their forefathers, sweet scented smoke rising high above a riff-filled land. It is here, the oldest of the storm witches whisper, that the forgotten sons lie scattered. For one night, with help from old magics, these hidden histories are exchanged between deep coughs. Dark legends openly remembered, as revered as any atop Mount Kardunn.

Crimson eyed, a desert son, was the noyan-khan of this brotherhood of blazing suns. Born of the sand and not the steppe, prodigious in strength and temperament even amongst his brothers, his lot was that of a disciple of the sun, never to match the nature of those from more forgiving lands. Devoted to the ancient way, creedsman of spirit, bong, and blade, it is said he was tested by heaven, but did not yield, choosing to wander blind than be caged as a beast.

To his foes- harsh, unforgiving, and relentless as the desert sun. To his great khan and clan- warm and sure as the sunrise. To see a strike from his great blade was to be kissed by a thunderclap. To witness his keshik ride was be enveloped by a simoom. To commune with his seers was to be blessed with divine vision. Amongst this horde honor was paltry unless earned, disrespects to be confronted, trusts to be earned, and magics respected as deep wisdoms. Surrounded by smoke riders of similar disposition, their armor was decorated in the old way, ritualistic, with wards, glyphs, and totems of respect that appeased the most primal of spirits.

These attitudes would be tested by those beyond Chogoris, those blind to the way, who would demand conformity, unrequited obedience, and ignorance toward the old truths. To these outsiders, such interpretations towards the path of heaven were too dangerous, such virtues too flexible, and such spiritualism too simpleminded. An increasing number of incidents while in the company of outsiders would culminate in a great disrespect, a brotherhood nearly coming to blows with others from distant stars, relations frayed irrevocably, water spilled when composure was needed. Scorched, embittered, but unashamed, they would be exonerated by the Khagan, to be unleashed toward the furthest of stars.

Some say they did not journey alone, finding company with other untouchables who had cast shadows upon Nikaea. Others claim they were daughters of anathema, who guided them on dark missions beyond the veil. Others assert that it was the sons of red giants, who took interest in their customs and damned them with knowledge of primordial ways. The truth is incomprehensibly complex as it is mysterious, impossible to understand from suppressed oral traditions and fragments of hazy pict-captures.

'The Forgotten Sons', 'The Blazed Ones', 'The Damned Mazan', 'The Sun Travelers'- such monikers would accompany depictions of warriors fighting on either side of the great conflict, before and after its climax, in warzones across its length and breadth. Chogorian armor adorned in twisted glyphs, carrying shields with daemonic faces, smoke rising high above crimson eyes. Scattered and atoned by the sand. Or so say the last of the free dune riders.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 20, 2023

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Sweet writing there!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Painted more Night Lords. Hopefully nailing down the colours and the technique. These do look slightly brighter blue than my previous Tartaros, but next to each other they look fine.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Very, very nice, love the mottling in the blues.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Fire

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Painted more Night Lords. Hopefully nailing down the colours and the technique. These do look slightly brighter blue than my previous Tartaros, but next to each other they look fine.

:perfecto:

Endman
May 18, 2010

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

These own, and you've managed to make models that I thought looked a bit naff (probably now I realise due to their storefront paint job) look amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Very nice Night Lords