Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

priznat posted:

Even if it isn’t constant slurs it would still be a lot of noisy poo poo from the background of whatever gamer’s hovel.

This is actually kinda fun in Warzone because it alerts you that some dumbass is nearby and gives you the opportunity to shut the smoke alarm/fan blowing right on their microphone/whatever up, with bullets. It's much more satisfying than just pulling up the scoreboard and hitting mute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Proximity chat was cool back in the day before everyone was in a party but its just kinda crap now because maybe 20% of a lobby will have a mic and be not in a party and that's maybe generous. The only exception I can think of are a few games where open micing is common and encouraged like sea of thieves which handles it really well. Back in the day before parties one of the WW2 cods had a proxy chat perk with limited range that was real fun to use, especially in hardcore search and destroy.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Oh yeah btw, the skate 3 dlc maps are available to claim for free in the perks with gold menu at the moment.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
All of you tell me your dumb opinions about Mount & Blade II: BANNERLORD!

Should I become lord of my own banner?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

xK1 posted:

probably thinking of it's prequel, Sayonara Wild Hearts :v:

and here I am confusing it with The Wild at Heart, which was a game previously on game pass :laugh:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I know I'm months late but holy gently caress Metal: Hellsinger kicks rear end!!! they turned doom eternal into a rhythm game and its so much fun. Game pass delivers once again :twisted:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Metal Hellsinger walked so Hi Fi Rush could run

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

1glitch0 posted:

All of you tell me your dumb opinions about Mount & Blade II: BANNERLORD!

Should I become lord of my own banner?

Come mount my banner, lord

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

Serves you right for playing CoD

COD games own

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

It's completely insane, like genuinely shocking, how strong the auto-aim is in modern CoD games

comedyblissoption posted:

here are some examples of what rotational aim assist looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMypGAJ0Kc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heApC0ZcKQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufw8bnIfG7E
https://twitter.com/JGODYT/status/1552874258535047169

if you're a controller player, you really want to understand the system so that you can be competitive w/ other controller players and m&k players

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Seltzer posted:

Oh yeah btw, the skate 3 dlc maps are available to claim for free in the perks with gold menu at the moment.

Good looking out. Grabbed this right away and also saw Soul Calibur 6 base+DLC for ~$14, grabbed that as well.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

It's completely insane, like genuinely shocking, how strong the auto-aim is in modern CoD games

Yeah this is where the infamous sweep sniping came from in Halo 1. Sweep the reticule across the enemy at head level at a consistent speed, then pull the trigger when you notice the camera slow. Worked great!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

only about 30% of the years imo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Teabagging a sniper in Bad Company 2 or CoD MW on Xbox Live and getting rage audio messages was amazing

a sophisticated stratagem from a more civilized time

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Wiltsghost posted:

Wild Hearts has a 10 hour trial starting today through the EA app. It looks alright.

Make sure you post if it sucks or not, the trailers look interesting like a better version of monster hunter crossed with Fortnite style building and Death Stranding style objects across sessions kinda thing

webmeister fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 14, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So apparently Game Pass cannabilizes sales of a game. But as a consumer I think game pass is one of the best things in gaming. I wish something like this existed when I was a kid, there is so much good poo poo in there but not enough time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who thought it didn’t cannibalise sales of a game was a fool tbh. Game Pass is fantastic for the consumer but idk if it’s all that great for the industry. But hey I ain’t gonna complain yet

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
If GamePass ever goes away my Series S is going in the trash compactor.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Ulio posted:

So apparently Game Pass cannabilizes sales of a game. But as a consumer I think game pass is one of the best things in gaming. I wish something like this existed when I was a kid, there is so much good poo poo in there but not enough time.

Sega channel. It was rad. Discovered Shining Force II that way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If the money games get from Microsoft/downloads from game pass is good enough, it really shouldn't matter that sales are down. Obviously it will to bigger companies who will shriek about lost sales but I'm pretty sure game pass has been a big payday for smaller studios/devs in terms of both money and exposure.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I've bought a few GamePass games that I completed.

A good number of games also have DLC not included and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that going forward. A good way to play the main game and then sell a lot of side dishes.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Xbox seems to be struggling and I’m not sure how much of that is a show so that the courts will pity Microsoft and let them buy Actiblizz

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

I've bought a few GamePass games that I completed.

A good number of games also have DLC not included and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that going forward. A good way to play the main game and then sell a lot of side dishes.

Ya I've bought some as well especially if they have replay value and were really good. There have been few games like Guardians of The Galaxy where it was a good one time experience and that was it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Once the merger is finished Microsoft will release all those games they've been sitting on for years: Wolfenstein 3, Avowed, Fable, the real Goldeneye remake, Elder Scrolls 6... it's all there, just collecting dust.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

otter posted:

Sega channel. It was rad. Discovered Shining Force II that way.

Once again, Sega was decades ahead of the industry even if the tech wasn't really feasible yet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I ended up buying Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Nier Automata when they were on Game Pass.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I bought Streets of Rage 4 and Hi-Fi Rush for Steam after playing them first on Gamepass because they're GOATs and I wanted to have them forever!!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I bought Streets of Rage 4 and Hi-Fi Rush for Steam after playing them first on Gamepass because they're GOATs and I wanted to have them forever!!

Ya that's how I felt for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, played it on EA pass thingy then bought the game and replayed it a bunch.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Professor Beetus posted:

If the money games get from Microsoft/downloads from game pass is good enough, it really shouldn't matter that sales are down. Obviously it will to bigger companies who will shriek about lost sales but I'm pretty sure game pass has been a big payday for smaller studios/devs in terms of both money and exposure.

I bought Vampire Survivors + DLC because I didn't wanna lose it when it left gamepass

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Streets of Rage 4 is loving awesome and imho one of the best looking 2D games of the last decade.

Maybe even ever. It just looks so beautiful in motion.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was skeptical of the new art style at first, which is an example of just how wrong I can be. SOR4 looks incredible and just feels great from moment to moment.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ulio posted:

Ya that's how I felt for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, played it on EA pass thingy then bought the game and replayed it a bunch.

Oh yeah forgot I bought Fallen Order too.

Beastie posted:

Streets of Rage 4 is loving awesome and imho one of the best looking 2D games of the last decade.

Maybe even ever. It just looks so beautiful in motion.

I got SOF4 for my OLED Switch and it looks so good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Ryoga posted:

Once again, Sega was decades ahead of the industry even if the tech wasn't really feasible yet.

MS stays winning by doing Sega stuff on time instead of ahead of time

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Of course Gamepass reduces sales, people aren't gonna buy a game they can currently play for free. If they really like it they'll probably buy it in case it goes off Gamepass, but otherwise why would you?

Conversely, developers get paid to put games on Gamepass. That's the tradeoff. Lump sum to put on Gamepass for X amount of time. As long as the payout is equal or more than the amount of lost sales then it doesn't really matter.

It's kind of like saying that shows on Netflix have lost DVD sales.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm sure there's been several developers that have stated that the money they initially got from Microsoft far exceeded what they expected to get through regular sales alone.

With the added bonus that they can still sell games on other platforms, they are more than happy to do it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

acksplode posted:

MS stays winning by doing Sega stuff on time instead of ahead of time

lol sorta true, web TV (cant read poo poo on CRTs!), windows CE (limped on way too long because their only competition was Palm Pilot for a while), Win95 Active Desktop (computers too slow/no broadband yet).

Gamepass is the only recent thing I can think of where things just lined up perfectly for them and they weren't too late or early for once.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If the deal between Microsoft and Activision falls through, I wonder what the possibility is of Activision working out a deal to have their games on Game Pass anyways. Although I don't really understand what the U.S. government, or governments in the U.K. and Europe can actually do to stop the merger. Other than voicing concerns, it seems like there isn't actually any legal recourse they have? I haven't been able to find anyone who can break down the whole thing and explain it or why any of this matters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just want Sekiro. You mother fuckers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I said come in! posted:

If the deal between Microsoft and Activision falls through, I wonder what the possibility is of Activision working out a deal to have their games on Game Pass anyways. Although I don't really understand what the U.S. government, or governments in the U.K. and Europe can actually do to stop the merger. Other than voicing concerns, it seems like there isn't actually any legal recourse they have? I haven't been able to find anyone who can break down the whole thing and explain it or why any of this matters.

Jim Cramer said Activision is a buy and that the deal is all good, so it's hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

In the case of the CMA, they can and will block mergers, even retroactively.

See: The case of FNZ and GBST, where the former purchased the latter, prompting an investigation that resulted in the CMA ordering them to split up again.

And for larger deals: Nvidia tried to buy Arm a couple of years back for $40 billion but had to back off after regulators such as the CMA and FTC started throwing their weight around.