Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like it theoretically as a turn based system with a more granular and less random implementation of a speed stat but I don't like actually playing ATB too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

haha what posted:

today its my birthday and i hereby decree: today is the day i beat wario land 3

Happy birthday & good games

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1625502624085573632?s=46&t=EgSd9wMIc-bVP1J2RRBl9g

this was pretty funny imo. "i don't like valorant"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

Atomic Heart taking pot shots at Hogwarts Legacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB7abXC2PDA

Gone

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like it theoretically as a turn based system with a more granular and less random implementation of a speed stat but I don't like actually playing ATB too much
youre describing CTB, congratulations

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cock and tall borture

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO45X1-ydMk

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's valentine's day. And it's page 69

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Apex Legends is adding a team death match.

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Thank you Mario

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snHecpmPeJs

gently caress Meteos was a good game. Doesn't work at all without a stylus though - the 360 port was almost unplayable to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

it did not have the turn based mode, at launch, it was a mod that they later built into the game. its a lot more fun but it does, make the game take about 10x longer if youre playing all the fights in turn based mode sadly

Yeah and it's so weird to me that turn-based wasn't there from the start, like i got three casters in my group and they each have like 15 spells, and I'm only level 10 (out of 20), how did people play this without TB, unless they were autopausing every round anyway.

I can't go back to baldur's gate 2 either, too many spells for my small gamer brain, I need structured encounters

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCNO7hzWYlk

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
metroid prime is so god dang ftw...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So sad to see so-called "serious gamers" taken in by graphics

rox
Sep 7, 2016

playing metroid prime on the crt in the basement on the gamecube we rented from rogers video back in 2004 thinkin how blessed i was

still am,

gaming ftmfw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

Nice

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I suggest that, if you need timed button presses to make turn based combat fun, you should simply play a different genre

Seems easier for them to just make the genre better

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Turn based combat is ftw. It even has "based" in the name

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nice

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Valentines Day is 9/11 for gamers and lifters.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

The bosses are all fun fights thematically and ooze personality, but on Normal at least it really is harder to easier lol. I wonder if they'd scale properly on Hard.

Regardless, the soundtrack composed by Megan McDuffee slaps and everyone should listen to it even if you don't play the game.

Yeah we capped off at 56% completion so we've decided to hit up loiter mode to grab 100% then go for New Game Plus to see if it makes it a more challenging affair since we're honestly a little underwhelmed with the last fight but being left wanting more is a good thing I think.

Is there a secret boss fight in this one like the first game? would be nice to know if there's something a little extra waiting for us once we clean up missed side quests.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Yeah we capped off at 56% completion so we've decided to hit up loiter mode to grab 100% then go for New Game Plus to see if it makes it a more challenging affair since we're honestly a little underwhelmed with the last fight but being left wanting more is a good thing I think.

Is there a secret boss fight in this one like the first game? would be nice to know if there's something a little extra waiting for us once we clean up missed side quests.

There is an amusingly mediocre recruit for doing all the secrets. For whatever it's worth, I don't recc getting 100% before NG+ as that entails getting all possible recruitables (including the money ones), getting every single character all their moves, getting all characters to level 30, buying all accessories (including the secret shop accessories worth $5000 each), buying and eating every consumable (maybe with every character? For the cheevos only one character needs to do it), finding all the secret areas etc.

The recruits are probably the hardest thing as it's total RNG. Do loiter and finish all the sidequests at least. Also head back into Sanwakai Tower and in the elevator lobby that had the locked door before it should now be unlocked, head up there for a nice treat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy Final Bar Line is out tonight at 9pm pacific time on PlayStation and Switch. I am so excited. Pre-ordered the $100 edition because Chrono Trigger soundtrack.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was out on the 16th

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wait poo poo I thought today was the 15th.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I finished Hi-Fi Rush yesterday and the final two levels are really fantastic. The game really sticks the landing, and seems to have a bountiful postgame I won’t touch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Replaying Hi-Fi Rush at least once is worth it to see what happens if you use Macaron at the end of Stage 3 and what Steal the Show does versus all the bosses.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Wait poo poo I thought today was the 15th.

lol someone needs to stop skipping my posts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Ha! Fair.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

kirby
?
mario
?
sly cooper?
?
phoenix wright
sonic?
mega man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

#2 is Assassin's Creed

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm wondering if the top row is all PS2 mascots: Ratchet, Sly, and Jak?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

how old is that image, to include Sly Cooper?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
hosed up not to have link there, his games actually use hearts!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I love you, video games

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The guy after Sly Cooper may be Jak or Daxter whoever the elf guy is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Arzaac posted:

I'm wondering if the top row is all PS2 mascots: Ratchet, Sly, and Jak?

Maybe the left is all Nintendo then and the arm is Link?