Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Does ESPN+ constantly timeout for you all when watching nhl games in a internet browser. It is really starting to piss me off how much this happens to me.

Roughly 5-6 times a game for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

soggybagel posted:

Does ESPN+ constantly timeout for you all when watching nhl games in a internet browser. It is really starting to piss me off how much this happens to me.

The illegal streams I definitely don't use all the time that happen to have espn+ rarely seem to have this issue, but way back the NHL.com streaming service did...though we're reaching at least 7 years into the past.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Other than HS (:rip: to a real one) every paid streaming service I've tried has been poo poo compared to the pirate options.

I'm trying to give em my money but no loving way I'm paying for a $100 a month Rogers package to watch hockey with blackouts.

What I'm saying is yo ho ho.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 14, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah it's not an issue with the feed, it's an issue with the software. An issue that the NHL/ESPN classify as a feature not a bug. Exactly the same poo poo happens with the official streaming apps of MLB and the NBA.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Other than HS (:rip: to a real one) every paid streaming service I've tried has been poo poo compared to the pirate options.

lol, HS was great while it lasted (according to a friend, obviously *I* never used it) but just because you paid for it didn't mean it wasn't illegal pirate streams.

hehestreams was supposedly pretty great up until, y'know, the guy running it trying to extort the NFL and going to prison.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Hockey Streams ruled and you could get it to run on nearly everything somehow. RIP what a great questionably legal service :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We all hated it when it was all we had but nhl.tv but with the way things are now I'd love to have it back. Having a plain calendar of all games on every day and being able to watch any game from the previous season whenever I wanted was awesome.

Now with ESPN I have to manually scroll through a bunch of sports I loving hate before I get to the hockey.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

God I miss nhl.tv's goal markers in the timeline. Start watching halfway through? Catching up around the league during an intermission? No problem.

I feel like ESPN+ is a better deal so I'm ultimately OK with it but it's definitely less convenient to use.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

xzzy posted:

We all hated it when it was all we had but nhl.tv but with the way things are now I'd love to have it back. Having a plain calendar of all games on every day and being able to watch any game from the previous season whenever I wanted was awesome.

Now with ESPN I have to manually scroll through a bunch of sports I loving hate before I get to the hockey.

you should be able to set it as your favorite so it shows up on top but I hate getting ads for whatever garbage boxing match or whatever they're shilling that week

But the app on IOS and XFinity's streaming box has been fine for me without any errors. I never watch on browser because streaming on browser seems to almost always suck

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ESPN+ tends to work pretty well for me, aside from the blackouts. More reliable than the pirate streams but it's silly that we still have to use those to see all the games

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have a decent free vpn that works with espn+ blackouts and has a firetv client? Windscribe worked at first for a couple of games but just does nothing now.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Outside of blackouts ESPN+ works fantastic for anything I stream on it , hockey or otherwise. Legit not sure how anyone is having tech issues with it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I also haven't had any problems with the ESPN+ app. I think I've had it crash on me maybe once so far and that might've been my ISP rather than an issue with the app. The only annoying thing is the blackouts and that sometimes it takes a while to get to hockey since the order of what sports they have streaming seems to be decided at random every night.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Where are these pirate streams that are reliable and high quality? I pay for ESPN+ and it’s fine, but every time I get hit with a blackout, I go looking for pirate streams and have to navigate virus pop-up laden sites for a 360p stream that inevitably ends up freezing after 5 minutes

NHL.tv was the best.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
nhl66 is the best but doesn't work on my xbox anymore for some reason

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I remember a couple years ago I tried to pay Rogers something like $200 for their full season subscription to NHL streams and when I tried to enter my credit card information there was no field on the webpage for the expiration date, security code or my mailing address.. it was just asking for my name and the credit card number, and when I filled those in it would reject the payment for not having all of the information. I called their hotline on opening night and waited for like an hour only to be told by the guy that alot of people were having problems and they would get around to fixing it sometime but to maybe try again after the weekend or whatever.

Whenever I've considered signing up again it's such a pain in the rear end and they want you to create an account for a rogers subscription that I don't even have (Rogers doesn't even provide cable in my area to my knowledge) that I don't bother.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Kravtsov requested a trade again:

https://twitter.com/snytv/status/1625132735659491331?s=46&t=ur36WjPfrMHEVB5r7H9xWw

Another forward that’s seemingly struggling to adjust to a defense first game but yet is admirably trying to do it through stunted development. I wonder why this keeps happening.

look at my player development coaches dawg i’m goin to grind

e: in our defense, legitimately he doesn’t have a spot in the top 9 given Vesey’s steroid rear end is playing great and now with Tarasenko…but he’s still better to have on the 4th line more than like Leczychychzyn even if Gallant doesn’t want to.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 14, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol Tanner Glass

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ESPN+ works perfect for me with no issues or troubles getting smooth streaming. I absolutely never want to go back to NHL.tv, which routinely broke on streaming devices, had absolutely dogshit reliability connection-wise, and a garbage interface

I like having ESPN+ because I now find myself watching a ton of sports and also hockey streams finally get 60fps which NHL.tv literally never did despite having a fiber connection

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

vvv you're right, I shouldn't joke about that

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 14, 2023

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

It's probably one of his parents dickhead

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/status/1625518287516758019

it's wild that you can just say you're doing this now. I guess the NHLPA wouldn't have anything to say about it since the player is still getting paid to sit but seems weird to me!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

it's wild that you can just say you're doing this now. I guess the NHLPA wouldn't have anything to say about it since the player is still getting paid to sit but seems weird to me!

I'd expect it's not really different for the player and the locker room gossip, although this takes some of the guessing out of it. It's better than people thinking you got healthy scratched because the coach didn't like something you did.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Better than finding out from a tweet.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Now scratch Edmundson. Need our Chiarot trade 2.0 before he breaks again.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/AlexC_THW/status/1625520676529491971

my balls

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres have been garbage for three games, one before the break and two after. Seriously, they got outscored 17-5 in those games. They have 30 games left and would probably have to win 20 of them to make the playoffs. Some of those would likely have to be their remaining games against Florida, NYI, Washington, Ottawa and Detroit. Maybe Philly, Montreal and Columbus too. That’s 13 games. They still play NYR thrice and NJ, Tampa, Toronto and Boston twice each, and Carolina once. The other five games are against western teams including Anaheim & SJ this week.

Pretty much everyone on the team is struggling, their Power Play sucks most of the time, the PK is still bad, they’re getting below-average goaltending again, Tage looks broken and the defense has been weak. Donny Meatballs changed up the line combinations last night and it sure didn’t work very well!

So I would say that they are definitely in a bad position rn! If they miss, it’s not the end of the world since this was always a rebuilding year. But boy, wouldn’t it be something if they powered through and snuck into that WC2 spot? The next two games are against lovely teams and they really need to win both to keep afloat. After that… who knows really.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Almost as if they were having better results than one would expect and came back to earth the moment their ridiculous finishing cooled off a bit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bard Maddox posted:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1625523664534880256

Milstein was the dickhead who kept stringing the Jackets along on Bread until Panarin fired him mid-2019, so I wonder if there are some agent-related shenanigans here.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1625539545159573504

ahhhhhhhh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They each get him one day a week.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man if the Leafs get him that is going to be maybe the most brutal first/second rounds of all time in that division.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

man if the Leafs get him that is going to be maybe the most brutal first/second rounds of all time in that division.

The Leafs level of respect in that handshake line would be off the charts

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I would prefer he not go to a Metro team thanks.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I don't know what the hell the Knights are going to trade for him and they drat sure can't re-sign him next year.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh Meier is younger than I thought

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Timo to T.O.
Sure beats Foligno

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
gently caress

the

clagarry
flames

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mennoknight posted:

gently caress

the

clagarry
flames

:hmmyes:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Rangers are scaring them into action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Buckle up, this poo poo’s gonna be a wild ride to the end.