Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lister posted:

You could say the same thing about generating a third or more copy of cards you already have two of in your deck. Which is also a change that I wish they'd make. Constantly discovering extra copies of powerful cards after you've used three or four times already is such garbage.

I already have noted my distaste for the power of Discover several times. (To the point I try to remind myself to STFU about it in the thread.) :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sandwolf posted:

I thought… in this card game with classes that getting other’s classes cards would be not a boon but a slight handicap to play around. This feels.. bad, long term. Nerf DK by buffing DKs cards for the classes that can steal them?

I feel like this is the kind of take everyone has, until they play enough decks that play their opponent's cards. It sounds reasonable, but then you play a few games of Thief Priest or Thief Rogue or any of the tavern brawls that involve playing your opponent's cards and it just feels like poo poo. Because when you look at the cards people actually play that have corpse costs, they aren't unplayable, they're just boring and massively overcosted so your hand just gets clogged up with cards you hate.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I feel like this is the kind of take everyone has, until they play enough decks that play their opponent's cards. It sounds reasonable, but then you play a few games of Thief Priest or Thief Rogue or any of the tavern brawls that involve playing your opponent's cards and it just feels like poo poo. Because when you look at the cards people actually play that have corpse costs, they aren't unplayable, they're just boring and massively overcosted so your hand just gets clogged up with cards you hate.

personally, I don't think Thief Priest or Thief Rogue should be able to be perma-good by piggybacking other classes good, specially-crafted-for-that-class cards. Those archetypes should specifically have BS that clogs their hand, it balances them.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
... Okay, I'm realizing that I don't actually have any significant examples, because the current set of corpse cards are all really badly balanced so it's just the three or four actually-good corpse spenders that ever make it into decks.

Mostly relevant to Dr Mantis' point about how one of the intended mechanics for corpses is that you're going to run low on them sometimes, and... yeah, they got the balance really wrong on everything that spends corpses that isn't either a finisher or a Blood control tool, they'd have to make good cards that actually play into that side of the mechanic's play pattern before we can see how it feels.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I don't really mind other classes getting access to corpeses. Maybe this is just because of a recent tavern brawl, but stealing, like, Worse Yetis and literal do nothings doesn't feel great.

Unrelated, there's a new arena season with the patch, so don't forget to start a new run (and probably claim your stuff from last time).

Boneville
Dec 24, 2022

Im Thinking Miku, Miku, oo-ee-oo!
Its going to be great when they implement the changes so that it feels less bad to play renounce darkness roll into Death Knight. All those cards that end up doing nothing. :(

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

I thought… in this card game with classes that getting other’s classes cards would be not a boon but a slight handicap to play around. This feels.. bad, long term. Nerf DK by buffing DKs cards for the classes that can steal them?

Well cards are usually balanced around deckbuilding and the cards you decided to put in your deck should be stronger than random poo poo from your opponent (otherwise why play them).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's scarcely a nerf to DK. It's just incoherent and unfun for there to be a one class out of ten with an entirely cloistered game mechanic that makes a lot of its cards unusable or extra-garbage when obtained outside that class.

Sandwolf posted:

personally, I don't think Thief Priest or Thief Rogue should be able to be perma-good by piggybacking other classes good, specially-crafted-for-that-class cards. Those archetypes should specifically have BS that clogs their hand, it balances them.

Thieving cards balances itself by being almost always straight up random and because it mirrors the strength of tools other classes use. Sometimes being able to piggyback other strong class cards for a win condition is the entire point of those decks and justifies their existence.

You can obviously nerf the archetype by diluting class card pools with poo poo cards or cards that are contingent on class specific things like totems or armour. However, it's inconsistent for there to be at there a single class that is permanently resistant to having cards stolen because their cards hinge on a mechanic nobody else can access.

At present, cards that say they generate corpses on their text don't function as intended outside of DK. That is wrong, and the bare minimum should be that other classes should be able to generate corpses with these cards (and spend them) as normal. Probably just generating corpses from minions dying is pretty much also fine, and I don't believe it makes decks that steal cards 'perma-good' by allowing them to spend corpses. It's a good QoL change.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/G2Thijs/status/1625521992718856195

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

So there will be 2 children in the house

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

test subject banned from wild

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Waiting for the expansion to hit Android where I have enough credits to buy it outright.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

One deck I genuinely don't understand is big shaman. It seems like it has no way to win and absolutely zero early game plays, and yet I keep seeing it pop up on the ladder despite a roughly 0% winrate

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

https://twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1625560931366277126/photo/2

LMAO I guess it was warranted

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 14, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the discover an evolution card seems absolutely bonkers

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Also from solo adventures (which, technically, is wild, I guess).

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the discover an evolution card seems absolutely bonkers
(1)
Evolve your Gnoll into Thadius

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Let me open my 130 mercenaries packs. >=(

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

first game against a shaman, turn 2 gnoll into coin blazing transmutation into neptulon. I love video games,

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

World War Mammories posted:

first game against a shaman, turn 2 gnoll into coin blazing transmutation into neptulon. I love video games,

The fix for that is to put an 11 mana minion in standard.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Apparently there's a bug that lets you do the new player questline and get 13 packs. Beat Hogger in the tutorial, then when you're on Milhouse choose to skip the rest of the tutorial and it may/should show up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

Apparently there's a bug that lets you do the new player questline and get 13 packs. Beat Hogger in the tutorial, then when you're on Milhouse choose to skip the rest of the tutorial and it may/should show up.

sweet, I'm going to try to log in on my phone right now and do that cause it won't last long lol

**it's always amazing how lightning quick they are fixing things when it impacts their bottom line. like if you're not on this in minutes you'll miss out.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
is there a way to access the tutorial via single player mode or has it already been fixed

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

is there a way to access the tutorial via single player mode or has it already been fixed

start playing hearthstone (like, click "hearthstone") and there's a ? button that lets you play the tutorial

I just beat up hogger and skipped during millhouse and I was indeed given the starter quest to play a game in practice mode so it looks like this works

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Starsfan posted:

sweet, I'm going to try to log in on my phone right now and do that cause it won't last long lol

**it's always amazing how lightning quick they are fixing things when it impacts their bottom line. like if you're not on this in minutes you'll miss out.

might already be patched out. I can't get the 4th stage of the quest to register my second game played.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Check the play menu, I had a little question mark in the bottom right corner of the deck selection screen

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
of course the mobile update comes through while im at workand wont download on my data so i cant test it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fanny packrat posted:

might already be patched out. I can't get the 4th stage of the quest to register my second game played.

congratulations you no longer get xp or quest progression in Standard/Wild anymore

fun little bug on top of the bug

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Excelzior posted:

congratulations you no longer get xp or quest progression in Standard/Wild anymore

lol it never gets old how incompetent Blizzard is

I couldn't get the questline because I am playing on a relatively new account that already had it when created.. I wonder if my exp is spiked now :D

**Some speculation that this isn't a "bug" and that the Hearthstone team just temporarily locked everyone's quest progression / exp who had the questline while they figure out how to disable it to not give away free packs

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 14, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Saraad is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH5h0se9UPo

Bad news: His threaten isn't "If you concede, I'll let you live" and it's ANOTHER Mage hero

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Excelzior posted:

lmao, can confirm that my tracking stopped on game 2 of step 4 and I didn't get any exp for it either. undone by my own greed............

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

World War Mammories posted:

lmao, can confirm that my tracking stopped on game 2 of step 4 and I didn't get any exp for it either. undone by my own greed............

same, looks like it was hastily patched out??

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I doubt its intentional because xp continues all the way until halfway into step 4 (?)

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah I got the new player quest line and earned 7 packs, it stopped progressing at the 1/2 games part others have mentioned. Shame, was hoping for a legendary out of it.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

GTO posted:

Yeah I got the new player quest line and earned 7 packs, it stopped progressing at the 1/2 games part others have mentioned. Shame, was hoping for a legendary out of it.

I did the same about 30 mins ago. According to this jabroni they won't take the packs away so that's cool

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1625644251383201793

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Oh great I don't get Diamond Reno Jackson because I disenchanted my Naga Sea Witches back when they were nerfed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

victorious posted:

Oh great I don't get Diamond Reno Jackson because I disenchanted my Naga Sea Witches back when they were nerfed.

Yeah that was the only card I was missing too

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I was expecting to struggle to get this to work, nah it's just really easy

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I tried to buy the mini exp with my google credits and it errored out. Now the store is closed. Is the store closed on Android for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The gently caress is this mini set it looks worse than ever