Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I'm on the final boss of Elden Ring (I think) and it's so hard and I can't beat it and this sucks and I hate this :qq: :qq: :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khanstant posted:

I missed the window for anyone to talk about Medieval Dynasty with me. It's fine but not all games get to be in the Convo even less than years later.

I played that a bit and thought it might be pretty okay and then got distracted! Is it good?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm on the final boss of Elden Ring (I think) and it's so hard and I can't beat it and this sucks and I hate this :qq: :qq: :qq:

If you give up then you're letting posters like me win

Think on that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nothing to fear. I just checked with the apartment manager and I am not allowed to make the alterations to my living room necessary to fit a PS5 in there.
just lie and say youre putting in a piano

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I maybe should get a PS5 because of FF7R and FF16 but absolutely nothing else about that console is appealing and it'd feel like I was getting one as an obligation.

🤨

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the final boss deals primarily holy damage, so stick on some talismans or use incantations that boost holy damage negation and you'll mop the floor with 'em

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haha noob

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

pro tip:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the yellow quotes... they will propel me to victory

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

You will do it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm downloading the Wild Hearts demo..Hope it's epic. We need more good MH clones.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

You can do it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm downloading the Wild Hearts demo..Hope it's epic. We need more good MH clones.

Report back. The trailers looked like poo poo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what the gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I need to get back to Elden Ring when I get home and maybe beat A Single Boss

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Unfortunately I can't game until Sunday, when my Pokemon OLED is arriving since my launch Switch's fan is now not stopping with the noise and vibration.

But man when I can game 6+ hourse on a nice screen (or my TV so I can play with friends).

Also Metis you can do it, just dodge everything and do damage.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am thinking of doing a fail move and actually getting a current gen console.

This explains so much

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

if you give up we will always remember

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

git gud

nah, just kidding. you were already gud enough to get this far, you got this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh I thought it was an unloseable plot battle, like sephiroth in ff7

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

is elden beast the worst fight in the entire game?

yes

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kerrzhe posted:

i watched all these weapon videos for Wild Hearts out of curiosity and they all look sick as hell and fun to try out. i almost didn't click on this video for the sword, cause i figured much like MH and nioh it would just be a regular rear end boring sword with sword moves.

boy was i wrong!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZN0Agu034

it turns into a sick as hell chain whip thing when you charge it up!! that rules!!! i am looking forward to this game!!!!

this looks cool, maybe I'll play it when it goes on deep sale at some point because lol $70.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I played that a bit and thought it might be pretty okay and then got distracted! Is it good?

Feels like the barebones of what could be a good game, like having villagers who can do all the tedious survival/crafting clicking chores and eventually be self-sustaining. However, getting to that point involves way too much just clicking resources with no challenge. The toughest enemy is a bear or wisent and they still die to a few bow headshots fairly early.

And if you did have a self sustaining village, there isn't really anything fun you're freeing your time up to do, it's just building what you'd build but much slower.

The game is supposed to be about establishing a dynasty and eventually playing as your own heir... But there's kind of no build up, it's just accruing points for completing quests and tasks, and eventually building slightly better versions of the same farming village buildings. You can't become a leader trying to build up a little city to become a bigger part of a kingdom. The main story involves NPCs telling you of cool adventure stuff your uncle did that you never get to do.

The interactions with NPCs are also super rudimentary, slightly more alive and interactive than Minecraft villagers.

Same devs are releasing a Wild West Dynasty with a similar formula and I'll probably check that out to see if they've expanded on stuff enough. If nothing else, it's a setting with more potential technology and automation, plus things to do in a town if they let us build saloons and whatnot. I wouldn't recommend Medieval Dynasty but it wasn't so bad that I won't at least check out the next game.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Goddamn I’ve been wanting a great Wild West strategy sim. I’m down for that.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I sold my condo and live in the ps5. There is just enough space to wall mount a 55” 4K tv inside. It gets a little warm in the summer but otherwise I’d recommend it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It is so God drat big

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I put my PS5 away until FFXVI comes out. It’s just hanging out in my closet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of the PS5, you can finally just

buy one

on Amazon. No invites, no bundles.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

penis 5

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Picking on the ps5 like this, is actually really fatphobic???

rox
Sep 7, 2016

20 years later playing wario land 3 on my birthday again :3

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s not fat it’s just really tall, the SX is the fat one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wario ware is epic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The disc PS5 has a tumor it’s impolite to talk about, the digital one is just big boned

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

This explains so much

lmao

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

WarEternal posted:

this looks cool, maybe I'll play it when it goes on deep sale at some point because lol $70.

yeah that originally made me balk real hard but i have xmas money left over so i'm going for it cause it looks fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I read the PC Gamer review for Wild Hearts and apparently they go really out of their way not to use the words "monster" or "hunt" which is funny but also a reminder of how stupid the world we live in is.