Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pennywise the Frown posted:

hmm, ok I don't know why audible has them displayed together.

They're extremely loosely connected. It's the location I think. They're pretty good, so go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I think Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrow take place in the same location, but many years apart.

River of Pain is a kind of retconning of the last days of the colony on LV-426.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Zombie Guy posted:

Now I want a Metroid / Alien crossover, with Samus and Ripley tearing poo poo up.

Especially since Metroid has a lot of influences from the Alien series.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Does it show the literal cells a la Innerspace or Look Who's Talking or are we seeing this on like a microscope screen.

The son of mask supermansperm scene

E: lol that typo

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 30, 2023

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I've read Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrow. They weren't connected, in fact they're set several centuries apart.

They’re connected in the sense that one of the characters in Sea of Sorrow is a descendant of one of the characters from Out of the Shadows and it takes place on the same planet, if I remember right.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I listened to Out of the Shadows at work last night, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

The voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard in an audiobook (they got Rutger motherfuckin Hauer to play a great part) and the production design is quite good too. The script and story are solid, all in all enjoyable and worth a listen.

The trilogy is on audiobookbay if anyone wants to give it a whirl and doesn't have the cash or credits to drop on it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I have 9 credits left but I just found out that Chuck Tingle is on Audible.

:thunk:

Ok so what Aliens books or a decent trilogy or something would you guys recommend? I still have 2 weeks to get rid of these credits.

I think it was xenomrph that sent me the Labyrinth comic and that was nice.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I am not aware of an audiobook version, but the original trilogy of Alien novels by Steve Perry and his daughter are cool, Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum, and The Female War.

In terms of audiobooks, the audio drama trilogy you already found, the William Gibson Alien3 audio drama by the same creative team, and the Aliens novelization (which is narrated by William Hope, who played Gorman in ‘Aliens’).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got the trilogy. :hmmyes:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's an Alien, not an Aliens, afternoon

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's an Alien, not an Aliens, afternoon

Want to live in the alternate timeline where we got the Alien Afternoon instead of the Disney Afternoon

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Who's the warrant officer
That killed the alien?
R-I-P
L-E-Y,
E-L-L-E-N

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Just in case anyone else needed to be slapped by mortality today:

Obligatory:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wow.

I'd like him to salute my shorts!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Budnick fucks

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Double pinky swear?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Just in case anyone else needed to be slapped by mortality today:

Obligatory:

He still makes questionable hairstyle choices.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
https://media.tenor.com/FJMJvAD_qfMAAAAC/alien-predator.gif

Hmm unsure why this is parsing rather than embedding. Oh well

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 10, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HiroProtagonist posted:

Hmm unsure why this is parsing rather than embedding. Oh well

You had url tags on it. :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a dream last night that someone had a baby xenomorph and I had to watch it. It looked like a full sized xeno but small pet sized. I was horrified and it kept trying to crawl on me and move through my blankets on my bed.

When I woke up, my cat in was on my bed! :ghost:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 14, 2023

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had a dream last night that someone had a baby xenomorph and I had to watch it. It looked like a full sized xeno but small pet sized. I was horrified and it kept trying to crawl on me and move through my blankets on my bed.

When I woke up, my cat in was on my bed! :ghost:

gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sbsCoIycGs

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I always thought it'd be funny if someone cracked open Alien: Isolation and replaced the xeno models with a giant housecat.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

I always thought it'd be funny if someone cracked open Alien: Isolation and replaced the xeno models with a giant housecat.

Jonesy! :kimchi:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

When I went to get my fella from the shelter I wanted a young orange cat that I could name Jonesy. But then they were like, "well we could show you Pennywise" and you imagine I had to see him. That's how that ended up.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

this but the macho man randy savage mod for skyrim

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
[tears open ur locker]
SKY'S THE LIMIT!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

HiroProtagonist posted:

this but the macho man randy savage mod for skyrim

Hahahahaha fuuuck how have I never seen this before?

Content, this popped up in my timeline again:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I've said it before but the crew of the Nostromo were some of the realest rear end looking mofos. Not hollywood at all.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

And life is too short to not be thinking about Aliens all the time.

Think about Aliens all the time.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I've said it before but the crew of the Nostromo were some of the realest rear end looking mofos. Not hollywood at all.

It's almost like that makes it incredibly engaging over having beautiful people fart out awful performances

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's almost like that makes it incredibly engaging over having beautiful people fart out awful performances

Besides the claustrophobic setting the way everyone is very in each other's space verbally as well and talking over each other a lot it is so loving good.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

As an exercise for a class of 17~18 year old Catholic school girls, I've had them shoot a scene that can be recreated by 3 people (1 to shoot, 2 to act). One of the choices was the scene in Terminator where Kyle Reese explains what a Terminator is to Sarah Connor.

It's actually perfect for seeing who can take an inherently goofy idea and actually sell its seriousness.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
you did that, huh

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

As an exercise for a class of 17~18 year old Catholic school girls, I've had them shoot a scene that can be recreated by 3 people (1 to shoot, 2 to act). One of the choices was the scene in Terminator where Kyle Reese explains what a Terminator is to Sarah Connor.

It's actually perfect for seeing who can take an inherently goofy idea and actually sell its seriousness.

Catechism gettin' weird nowadays.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

edogawa rando posted:

As an exercise for a class of 17~18 year old Catholic school girls, I've had them shoot a scene that can be recreated by 3 people
:hmmyes: Like the trinity

edogawa rando posted:

:hmmyes: Like the trinity

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 19, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

edogawa rando posted:

As an exercise for my students, I've had them shoot a scene that can be recreated by 3 people (1 to shoot, 2 to act). One of the choices was the scene in Terminator where Kyle Reese explains what a Terminator is to Sarah Connor.

FTFY, you creepy weird.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

This is like the origin story for the Warhammer 40K universe

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nice.