Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Got my Allagan Melon

Is that a texture mod or does the inside actually look like that :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That is the completely original unmodded mount. It's amazing and I'm looking forward to it.

It's only at Series Rank 15 in PVP which isn't too bad a run to get to.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

it's really funny listening to people talk about how hard all-far war is because one mino tether has to take a step to the side to avoid cleaving 1 (one) person on the bridge only to watch them gently caress up inu and delete half the team

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Levantine posted:

Ok cool, that does a lot for my anxiety. It looks like there's a LOT to do. Thank you! I'll connect with one of the Alliances and probably bother people there. Thanks for the info!
Don't worry too much about story and normal difficulty side content, they're designed to be done without much coordination from the players and you shouldn't have any problem matchmaking (apart from queue times outside of prime time).
Just tell your party it's your first time or you're a returning player, they should (hopefully) guide you if you need to know anything.

Since you left, if it was in Heavensward :
- there are indeed the new trust system allowing you to dive into MSQ dungeons with a party of NPCs (sometimes random adventurers, sometimes important characters). So far they haven't implemented that for Stormblood dungeons, some should be available around april or may
- some dungeons got a new paint of coat or even layout (remember copperbell mines, boy has it changed)
- some bosses have been remade, mechanics have been overhauled with standard markers you'll learn on the go and are used in recent content
- the MSQ roulette dungeons (Castrum and Praetorium) have been almost entirely remade, Ultima Weapon is now its own fight that is more than 25s long.
- your hotbars are now probably filled with greyed out skills that don't exist anymore
- jobs have now access to more cross job skills and you don't need X levels in other jobs to unlock them (hello Arm's length for tanks)
- if you were tanking, aggro management has been simplified to the extreme (put your stance on, do an AoE once or twice in a pack and you're good to go)
- and most importantly, the TP bar is gone from the game

Oh and the Crystal Tower alliance raids have become mandatory, you should do these asap if you haven't finished that questline. Plus since they are piss easy, it's a good way to get back into the game.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Countblanc posted:

is there any way to prove one's CC rank in past seasons? I don't see achievements that reference it though I may just be blind.

Like your actual number rank? Unless it's on the Lodestone, I don't think so.

If you just mean general tier, you should have a title and Adventure Plate frames to match whatever you got up to. If not, you can go pick them up from the rewards vendor in Wolves' Den.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

:perfect:

Old MCH was loving unplayable

hosed up, StB MCH was the pinnacle of MCH. Loved that poo poo.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zanael posted:

Oh and the Crystal Tower alliance raids have become mandatory, you should do these asap if you haven't finished that questline. Plus since they are piss easy, it's a good way to get back into the game.

How does the game handle that if you haven’t done it before 2.55 MSQ due to returning? Lock you out of starting ShB?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

hopeandjoy posted:

How does the game handle that if you haven’t done it before 2.55 MSQ due to returning? Lock you out of starting ShB?

Yes, it sends you to do the quests before the next MSQ opens up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Axel Serenity posted:

Like your actual number rank? Unless it's on the Lodestone, I don't think so.

If you just mean general tier, you should have a title and Adventure Plate frames to match whatever you got up to. If not, you can go pick them up from the rewards vendor in Wolves' Den.

Can you still do this? I thought you only could if you claimed the reward within the following season, which is actually why I'm asking because I'd like some way to show that I was Crystal in season 1 but i was unsubbed during S2 so I think I just can't ever show it lol

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That is the completely original unmodded mount. It's amazing and I'm looking forward to it.

It's only at Series Rank 15 in PVP which isn't too bad a run to get to.

I just hit rank 9 so I should be there in a week or so if I really try :buddy:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

hopeandjoy posted:

Not sure how it handles it now since I was kind of a special case, I started CT back in 2.5 but never finished LotA, I was subbed when Shadowbringers came out and for a month after that, but at that point CT wasn't mandatory (imagine my confusion after Innocence, I had 0 recollection of CT's story). A few months before Endwalker I subbed again to catch up MSQ, when reaching 5.3 the game told me to go do the raid
I assume the game tells you to go do CT before starting Shadowbringers now as well

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Zanael posted:

Not sure how it handles it now since I was kind of a special case
At the same time, they added a lock on the 2.55 quest A Time to Every Purpose. If your character was already beyond that point before then, it's only required at the other point.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'd still make time to queue for the crystal tower quest chain

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I gotta say this year's Valentione has the real feel of a Expansion Lead-up Holiday Event. Really short and not much to it. down to no repeatable quest with a currency just stuff you buy for gil. Cool outfit and still less dire than the pre-Shadowbringers Valentione with the plot everyone hated and the bad rewards they clearly slapped together out of existing assets. but still pretty Below Mid

I wonder if they're actually going to stick to Astrid being the main event NPC now.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 15, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I would like that, Astrid makes a good contrast and it would help with the feeling that time is passing in Eorzea.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 15, 2023

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My guess: next Valentione's event is Lisette's wedding.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I feel incredibly dumb asking this about seasonal fluff events, but is there a guide to the House Valentione storyline anywhere? I get the gist (something about an Ishgardian house devoted to promoting the holiday) but boy, there are a lot of NPCs hanging around.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cleretic posted:

My guess: next Valentione's event is Lisette's wedding.

And he still hasn't met her parents yet. That would be amazing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Got my Allagan Melon

oh my god is this why the allagan melon minion exists

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I made it to Pagos!

Wow, this sucks!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I made it to Pagos!

Wow, this sucks!

Lol yeah

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pagos is the best one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kerrzhe posted:

I believe the other way around, in terms of when things hit the game.

Edit: yeah, looks like this is a new reskin of the orb. I know some rewards have been old Feast rewards so I wasn't sure off the top of my head.

It's from rank 15 in the current PvP series.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 15, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kerrzhe posted:

Wrong way around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

When did the Susano weapons get added? I feel like I missed it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Suddenly Susano

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay then why the hell does the allagan melon exist in the first place

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Decadent and irresponsible use of biogenetic technology

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who knows why the minion team does what they do, even yoship is ignorant of their inner workings.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That reminds me, I should get the Byakko book to go with the Genyo casting set, so I can have the full Okami aesthetic.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

I feel incredibly dumb asking this about seasonal fluff events, but is there a guide to the House Valentione storyline anywhere? I get the gist (something about an Ishgardian house devoted to promoting the holiday) but boy, there are a lot of NPCs hanging around.

While I'm sure there's an npc in gridania that explains stuff, like you said it's among a bunch of other holiday npcs. The easiest way to find one is in ul'dah or limsa. Go to the holiday themed sections of each and look for the emissary or something like that and you can ask them questions about the holiday.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Esteem, did you order clothes from Tataru with my credit card again?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dareon posted:

Esteem, did you order clothes from Tataru with my credit card again?

:hmmyes: Glamours are the game's main objective.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Man what is this about far war in p7s killing people :psyduck: Our static does that and it works every time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xun posted:

Man what is this about far war in p7s killing people :psyduck: Our static does that and it works every time

PF is bad.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

Xun posted:

the problem is people fall asleep 6 minutes into the fight when nothing has happened. can't blame them

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Some paragon of fashion on another website made a smart warrior of light outfit without the usual wol items and I felt compelled to take a pass at the idea myself.

I dig it!

Apropos of nothing, but how tough is Seat of Sacrifice EX unsynced?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

First EW trial, it's the first run for a few of us. We wipe once to the new mechanic where big damage markers go down, the players freeze, and then the stage rotates underneath, dragging some players into the markers before they go off. Apparently there were giant arrows outside the arena to telegraph this. The mentor in the group gets a triangle and says "follow me if you don't know the mechanics". Our DPSs keep getting tunnel-vision and we wipe once more times before clear. The entire time the mentor is constantly telling people to follow them.

Just explain the mechanic dude. I looked it up afterwards and it's not so tough. We just didn't know the new spot the game wants us to look at. If we were for newbs it might have been fun to figure out, but not follow the leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Huh, they updated the intro and outro cutscenes to the Omega raids to use the new draw and sheathe animations from EW.