Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

Fire Hunter gettin real good this week. Akira's a great character and Temari owns. The gold sickles are so clean. The OP might be my favorite of the season, too.

Yeah hard agree. The ED's no slouch either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
started High Card, up to episode 2
kind of like a magical kingsmen

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

:smith: long wait for the second half of kubo-san

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

It was literally almost a whole week before anyone even mentioned golf and the Super Hero Time veteran in me was livid. It was GOLF! Again!

... so you're saying Birdie Wing is responsible.

I'll kill them. With Golf.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't wait for the Aerial HG to cameo in season 2

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Campfire Cooking might end up AotS for me. Something about its parts mixes for a really nice final product, an actual comfort food anime like I haven't seen in a long time. I think it hit an inflection point with this episode where it's ending up as a better Parenting Anime than Buddy Daddies just because Sui might actually be the best possible representation of a kid character and the "dads" are two character archetypes you'd otherwise pretty much never see in that kind of role and dynamic (to good, entertaining effect).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sui is so good that they got their own series.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1625630980940697604?t=cH690scTwTZo4gtADC43jA&s=19

The Pluto Anime is real!!!!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/netflixgeeked/status/1625631004764393474?s=46&t=Juw-K2cOnhxYNsogGlyn7Q

Looking promising.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Can we get much higher~?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Twitter video sucks, here is the youtube version of the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuUhYOyJn78

Hopefully, the entire thing is going to be adapted in one go, because otherwise Netflix will just cancel it.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 15, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think Pluto is so long that it would need more than 26 episodes.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think Pluto is so long that it would need more than 26 episodes.

Season are sadly much shorter than that these days though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Back when they first started planning it as an anime it was supposed to be 8 episodes.

Of course, Netflix has no need to adhere to anime norms, so it could be, like, 8 hour long episodes or something.

Which... would probably be enough?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Megamissen posted:

:smith: long wait for the second half of kubo-san

The manga is finishing up so you can always fill the emptiness by (re)reading it.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Nemo2342 posted:

The manga is finishing up so you can always fill the emptiness by (re)reading it.

im going to hold off reading it until the anime finishes
the animation and especially the voice performances add a lot so i want to experience it first hand in that form

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dropped Kaina. Feels slow af and the characters aren't compelling.

started watching it last week and did the five episodes in a row and i did not really notice how slow it was because of that
but this post made me think about it, and i kinda liked the slowness but it really does not fit a weekly format
i found the world and some of the visuals very interesting but i will wait for it to finish before i keep watching

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kaina's setting and characters actually feel almost mundane compared to anything else I've seen by Nihei, and without that transhuman weirdness there's just not much left.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What gets me is they call it a snow sea but it's clearly not snow or else they wouldn't be having water problems.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Maybe it's saltsnow

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Maybe it's saltsnow

I think it actually is, or is otherwise undrinkable. Kind of like how drinking water ends up in short supply when a flood sweeps in.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Much like regular seas, the snow is all frozen salt water and thus undrinkable. Trust me I’m a scientist.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

What gets me is they call it a snow sea but it's clearly not snow or else they wouldn't be having water problems.

It looks more like soap water. Apparently you also can't swim in it.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Kwyndig posted:

I just assumed that all the "snow" was spores.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

while I disliked parts of Eminence in Shadows being more focused on the generic aspects over the comedy parts, I think it ended up being a pretty good adaptation. The last two episodes were really good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope it gets another season down the road, since the next couple arcs after where the anime ends are fun.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

apothecary diaries anime this year

https://twitter.com/kusuriya_PR/status/1626023560455258113

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Tales of Woe posted:

apothecary diaries anime this year
hell yeah

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

gently caress yeah!

Maomao is played Aoi Yuuki, as she should be.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!

The ONLY good Sherlock Holmes adaption. :v:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Literally a cat.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I look forward to joining y'all in the Apothecary Diaries: Catgirl Harem Detective thread

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
This is exactly what I wanted out of Raven Of The Inner Palace, visuals-wise. But instead of ghost crimes, it's germ crimes??? Anyway looks dope, should probably start reading the manga, girl is a cat, etc

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

SexyBlindfold posted:

This is exactly what I wanted out of Raven Of The Inner Palace, visuals-wise. But instead of ghost crimes, it's germ crimes???
It's more poison crimes at first, but it branches out a lot later.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So is the apothecary someone who got hit by a truck and woke up in ancient China? Is their cheat skill “knows about germ theory”? I legit know nothing about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, she's just like a pharmacist

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Waffleman_ posted:

No, she's just like a pharmacist

Good for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i liked the chinese apothecary one where she gets off on getting poisoned or just poison in general before it progressed into regular court politics