Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sort of a weird plot beat that Rasputin was only hostile because he was programmed to speak Russian

And teaching him American English made him civil and kind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

whats the EASIEST GM to farm atm? gently caress assway

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Snapes N Snapes posted:

whats the EASIEST GM to farm atm? gently caress assway

lake of shadows and arms dealer

if you mean in the rotation then warden of nothing and insight terminus

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

life_source posted:

(Eramis doesn't betray the Witness at the last second)

give it time. the traveler not leaving shook the gently caress out of her.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

lake of shadows and arms dealer

if you mean in the rotation then warden of nothing and insight terminus

currently accessible yeah; cheers

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Kith posted:

I want a scene of the Witness laughing some stupid laugh going "My pyramid ships are too strong for your weak weapons." and it zooms out to a pyramid ship getting loving blasted to poo poo and destroyed from a Ketch that flies away. Zoom in to Eramis flaunting the double duece and also savagely crotch chopping. Back to the witness and all his vape smoke heads are frowning.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

life_source posted:

I want a scene of the Witness laughing some stupid laugh going "My pyramid ships are too strong for your weak weapons." and it zooms out to a pyramid ship getting loving blasted to poo poo and destroyed from a Ketch that flies away. Zoom in to Eramis flaunting the double duece and also savagely crotch chopping. Back to the witness and all his vape smoke heads are frowning.

“I hope you can see this because I’m doing it as hard as I can”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

“I hope you can see this because I’m doing it as hard as I can”

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

life_source posted:

It was very funny as F2P.

Suddenly be subjected to Exo Rasputin, a brief glimpse of the beautiful space backdrop with bonus space battle, notice the Human ship hovering around, fight Eramis for the first time, realize the Seraph Big Boys who I saw for a total of 15 seconds during Worthy are reskinned Ogres or Abominations, fight the Broodhold boss again since around this time last year, watch a cutscene that was equal parts amazing (Traveller moving, Warsats have huge Sleeper Stimulants in them) and horrid garbage (Rasputin dies, Warsat network is defunct, Eramis doesn't betray the Witness at the last second)

Don't forget the reveal of the Veil which totally isn't a reference to the statue in the pyramid ship.

Also holy gently caress those heavy frames were :black101: looking. Never noticed them before but if you let them go at it they'll just hulk smash their way through any opposition. They're basically ambulatory warsats.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 15, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What did you expect, they have a Valkyrie for a face

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Traveler is a punk I am going to renounce using light classes.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
a ghost is 100% gonna resurrect rasputins exo body tho

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Unormal posted:

he literally calls himself a guardian!! if bungie does anything story wise post final shape this is step one

step two is of course: saving failsafe and fynch

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So I guess this is because I came in right at the final season of the expac but the whole Hive Ghost thing felt extremely undercooked? Maybe there's some postgame quest I missed (only did the one for the bug gun)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So I guess this is because I came in right at the final season of the expac but the whole Hive Ghost thing felt extremely undercooked? Maybe there's some postgame quest I missed (only did the one for the bug gun)

No, that’s pretty much it. They were the antagonists of the season that launched with Witch Queen (Risen) and featured in Plunder briefly but they haven’t exactly led to seismic change in our relationship with the Light

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The tricky thing is that Annual Expansions are developed alongside that year's seasons, which makes for some awkward stuff like never revisiting throne world, barely seeing any lucent hive etc. The season team literally doesn't have the annual expansion's assets to work with

Imaru is still in the throne world, right? The patrol zones are "live" spaces that are typically current in terms of storyline, and he's there barking out orders still

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unormal posted:

Resurrected as a still limbless torso we'll mount to the front of a drop ship as a hood ornament.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Kith posted:

I took that reaction as less "shook" and more "pissed the gently caress off". She was so sure the Traveller was loving off at the start of the cinematic that she took a moment to reach out to Mithrax just to drop some "I loving told you so" subtext in her taunting. The Traveller running away now would retroactively justify everything she's said - and everything she's done - which is something she desperately wants at this point.

The fact that it doesn't leave signals, to her, not only that there actually is something special about humanity but also reinforces the deep-seated shame a bunch of Fallen still have over it abandoning them in the first place since it means they weren't the special ones. Eramis covers that shame up pretty well with anger and hostility but she's still got some of that, just like the rest of them. I feel like she's going to double down even harder after this so long as the Witness is there to spur her on.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

if we don't get Season of the Immaru I'm rioting

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The tricky thing is that Annual Expansions are developed alongside that year's seasons, which makes for some awkward stuff like never revisiting throne world, barely seeing any lucent hive etc. The season team literally doesn't have the annual expansion's assets to work with

Imaru is still in the throne world, right? The patrol zones are "live" spaces that are typically current in terms of storyline, and he's there barking out orders still

not all of them but yeah. The first 2 definitely don't have the assets to play with and the third is iffy. The last season of the year probably could but they often go big in other ways, like building out entirely new zones on existing planets (or in seraph's case, bringing back Mars 2).

We got Europa during Splicer and Moon during Worthy. The complete lack of Throne World is new.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They're going to have to recap the ending for the people who don't play the seasonal content, because it'd be wild to come back and the traveller is just not there. Like "somehow Palpatine came back" level scene-missing poo poo.

Just tell them the traveller was impounded and sold for scrap at auction for being abandoned in low orbit without a parking permit.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man it always feels like a Palpatine Returned moment even as a veteran player, because every new expansion seems to start with a 'here's a major event that just happened off screen, right before you got here' and then it dumps you into some new plotlines outta left field

Like even the intro to Witch Queen was sorta weird, if I recall. Even if you did the exorcism mission RIGHT before hand

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with the exorcism / witch queen intro was it lacked a fireteam of guardians in bright neon armor with rockets and machineguns waiting for the cocoon to crack standing behind Mara.

Immersion. Ruined.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

final mission was zzz but the cutscene ruled. Who the gently caress were those guys behind Zavala though

Generic Guardians using D1 armor. they also showed up during the CoO intro

https://twitter.com/DavidSavastano/status/1625641901037682690?s=20

https://twitter.com/DavidSavastano/status/1625643324320120834?s=20

i desperately want those armors to be in-game though, like holy poo poo. please give me those titan arms, i need them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

those guys were doing terrible in VoG I'm surprised they're still around.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah there's no Insight Terminus GM showing up in my little GM menu wtf

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Yeah there's no Insight Terminus GM showing up in my little GM menu wtf

The menu only shows stuff you haven’t cleared for gilding Conqueror, I think. It’s not a free pick whatever you want whenever you want.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Well that sucks! lmao

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finale quest was good, cutscene was good. Now to twiddle my thumbs until Lightfall time.

victrix posted:

if we don't get Season of the Immaru I'm rioting

Imagine his delight at being able to mock a whole new bunch of "neon nerds"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr_UvMhOlU

Wow the witness is tall, if he's looking down on Tormentors / Calus.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

DancingShade posted:

Resurrected as a still limbless torso we'll mount to the front of a drop ship as a hood ornament.

It would be really funny if, after being resurrected, we go on a quest to make arms and legs for him. But then every time he gets rezzed he's just a torso

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr_UvMhOlU

Wow the witness is tall, if he's looking down on Tormentors / Calus.

Uh he’s like 69x as tall as Calus

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I haven't seen anyone post the weapon crafting article Bungie posted yesterday but there's some tidbits Joe didn't cover on Monday in it:

- Raid Adepts, when leveled up, will let you pick the barrel, intrinsic, and masterwork - so the only RNG is in the two major perks
- In future seasons they'll add a weapon mod that will let you spend "standard currencies" (I assume glimmer, legendary shards, etc.?) to level up a crafted weapon

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Uh he’s like 69x as tall as Calus

I thought that was just his arm sticking out of the cosmic jizz bath or whatever that turned him into the consciousness of the Leviathan. The part sticking out of it looks more like a hand than a full body.

I was under the impression that it's been implied he's basically melted his body and become a part of a ship at this point if the trailer and some lore is anything to go by.

Edit: Seriously though, Calus is one nasty dude. One of the lore blurbs talks about him lounging in the pools of the genetic material that makes up his clones. Dude probably reeks like the most unwashed goon when he isn't followed by the smell of copious amounts of space wine.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 15, 2023

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Pirate Jet posted:

- Raid Adepts, when leveled up, will let you pick the ... masterwork

This needs to be the standard on all guns, every gun. Give it an astronomical cost, obscene time commitment, whatever. Just let me switch the masterwork.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I'm excited for the new raid adept chase. Being able to get a 2/5 and turn it into a 5/5 is the dream and I think the perfect balance between crafting and RNG

in other news, I'm one away from my dream of 10 One Thousand Voices drops, gonna try and get the last one done sometime this week!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad the blog post seemed to confirm crafted raid weapons aren't going anywhere.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

after the last 7 years i can absolutely believe the giant ball is only in semi orbit because it is out of real estate and not for any altruistic reason but also why didnt it just rotate around Earth and slide out the back way lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

after the last 7 years i can absolutely believe the giant ball is only in semi orbit because it is out of real estate and not for any altruistic reason

got tired of paying property taxes so it moved to a township (near earth orbit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

I'm glad the blog post seemed to confirm crafted raid weapons aren't going anywhere.

Oh yeah, I missed that at first

"Raid Adept weapon enhancing

We want to expand the enhanced trait perk capabilities of crafted weapons over to other weapons without increasing the amount of Deepsight you need to acquire.

To do this, we'll be introducing a new weapon enhancing feature to a very limited number of new weapons. The first weapons to obtain this enhancement capability will be the Adept weapons acquired from the Master difficulty Lightfall raid (the non-Adept base raid weapons will remain crafted)."