Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Still racking my brain on that first one, but it really makes me want a Letterboxd list of movies that features someone wearing a tuxedo t-shirt.

Only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Carrie.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
first one reminds me of the Staying Alive parody in Airplane even though it's not it

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Still racking my brain on that first one, but it really makes me want a Letterboxd list of movies that features someone wearing a tuxedo t-shirt.

I have seen an 80s movie with such a shirt. Once Bitten, maybe?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jim Carey’s friend in Once Bitten has a t-shirt with a screen-printed tie and jacket, and maybe a boutonnière. I can’t find a good picture of it, but I think he’s wearing it in the climax.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So funny enough both Carrie and Once Bitten were in that compilation and recognizable. The other 80s dance I remember seeing was Friday 6. RIP the goth girl

Notable about the first one is the lead girl wasnt in a costume just a black tank with hella cleavage. The white nun doing a spook a doodle grabbed a knife and faked stabbing white tux shirt.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 11, 2023

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

That scene is from Strange Behavior.

https://youtu.be/5AN_XruOevo

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
having a hard time remembering some movie i watched awhile back that i only remember vague details about (of course)

i think it was German, or maybe taking place in Germany, or perhaps somewhere else in Europe, but even that might be way wrong.
the plot had maybe something to do with mind altering / control music or tapes or something?
i want to say the poster and probably at least one sequence involved some kind of trippy imagery of a frog
title may or may not have been something like "vibes" or "waves"

i almost wanna say i saw the poster on SA, but that could indeed also be quite wrong. thanks for reading my poor grasp at possibly nothing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

deety posted:

That scene is from Strange Behavior.

https://youtu.be/5AN_XruOevo

Hell
Yeah

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Light Gun Man posted:

having a hard time remembering some movie i watched awhile back that i only remember vague details about (of course)

i think it was German, or maybe taking place in Germany, or perhaps somewhere else in Europe, but even that might be way wrong.
the plot had maybe something to do with mind altering / control music or tapes or something?
i want to say the poster and probably at least one sequence involved some kind of trippy imagery of a frog

i almost wanna say i saw the poster on SA, but that could indeed also be quite wrong. thanks for reading my poor grasp at possibly nothing.

Just so we're sure, you aren't thinking of the hypnotoad from Futurama, right?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

I think this is the same movie as I'm looking for here:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

What's that movie where a fast food joint employee discovers that the music that plays at the restaurant can be used to effect the minds of the customers? He plays a tape and a fight breaks out, etc. It's a kind of cyberpunk dystopian vision, dealing with mind control.

I tried searching & looked through a "Mind Control List" on IMDB, but could not find it.

I also think I found out about it from SA.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I think this is the same movie as I'm looking for here:

I also think I found out about it from SA.

yeah that sounds about right. at least this isn't one of those movies I literally dreamed up then!

Cat Hatter posted:

Just so we're sure, you aren't thinking of the hypnotoad from Futurama, right?

nah, but lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Could it be the Kingsman?
The church scene where everyone is made to fight from mind control device in their phones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OFZQx_7xI

Best use of Freebird ever

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
nothing that flashy. was more of a low budget Independent film I think.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Could it be The Signal (2007)? I haven't seen it, just suggesting it because it's fairly low budget, I think I first heard of it on SA around when it came out, and a later movie came out with the same name which maybe made it harder to Google.

I think that's a signal like the Kingsman one that makes people go crazy and fight. Were you thinking more like "turn people into drones" type mind control?

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

nothing that flashy. was more of a low budget Independent film I think.

Could it be 2012's Branded? I've never actually seen it, but my memories of the trailer and the WIkipedia summary make it seem like a possibility.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
yo, talked to a friend of mine and he recalled the title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoder_%28film%29
https://letterboxd.com/film/decoder/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

:pcgaming:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

hmmm nope that's a toad, not a frog. must be something else

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

yo, talked to a friend of mine and he recalled the title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoder_%28film%29

That's it, thanks!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Howdy!

Looking for a sword and sorcery movie that just popped into my head. 1980s, late 70s at the very earliest, possibly '83, recall some listicle or other saying that it was "more experimental" than the others in the series. Thought it might have been death stalker II, but that's too lighthearted. Not Fulci's Conquest. 95% sure it had "Death" in the title and was an Italian production. Seem to recall a trailer that had some kind of women in a black robe and the stock sort of "theater" mask on her face, but my memory is really fuzzy on that point.

Long shot but I appreciate any suggestions!

Edit: Found it, Ator II: Iron Warrior

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 15, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

magic cactus posted:

Howdy!

Looking for a sword and sorcery movie that just popped into my head. 1980s, late 70s at the very earliest, possibly '83, recall some listicle or other saying that it was "more experimental" than the others in the series. Thought it might have been death stalker II, but that's too lighthearted. Not Fulci's Conquest. 95% sure it had "Death" in the title and was an Italian production. Seem to recall a trailer that had some kind of women in a black robe and the stock sort of "theater" mask on her face, but my memory is really fuzzy on that point.

Long shot but I appreciate any suggestions!

Was it Death Stalker? or Death Stalker II? or Death Stalker III?

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Gripweed posted:

Was it Death Stalker? or Death Stalker II? or Death Stalker III?

I checked Death Stalker II because I was like 95% positive that was it, but the clips I saw seemed too comedic, this was almost like an "art film" take on 80s swords and sorcery stuff. I know 100% it's not Conquest, because I remember that one pretty well, but it's in that same kind of idea of a "deconstruction" of swords and sorcery. If it helps, I seem to recall in the trailer there was a brief POV shot of a sword fight.

Edit: figured it out. Ator II: Iron Warrior

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 15, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
drat, I knew there were 2 Ator movies, I didn't think there were 3. Also, Miles O'Keefe had a much longer career than I expected

For any MST3K fans, "Cave Dwellers" is the second movie, AKA "The Blade Master"

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
The more names a movie has the better it is!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

magic cactus posted:

Edit: figured it out. Ator II: Iron Warrior

Dammit I had a feeling it might be that but I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me and I couldn't figure out the right google search phrase to find it

"Italian sword and sorcery film where a woman wears a red seethough top fore half the entire film" didn't work, lol

E: the whole thing is on Youtube, I guess I could have just gone through my YT viewing history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6X2Sfql4o8

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There are like four Ator movies, none of which share any cast members or have anything to do with each other. Ator 4 has the goblin masks from Troll 2.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ator is Rota spelled backwards!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Just gonna pop back in and say I watched it last night and it was weirdly entertaining. Like a sword and sorcery movie you might see in a dream. No budget whatsoever but that's part of the charm.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Maybe my 80s fantasy film could be named here.
All I remember is that they have a pit of spikes in it, and they 'test' people on by hanging them upside down over it. And set fire to the rope.
I think the hero escapes from this, but another fails it and falls into the spike pit.
The camera then changes to them in the pit, laid down splayed, with spikes sticking out of their backs.

Always wanted to see this movie, got a glimpse of it as a kid.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Google says that's Tampopo

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
GIS is able to do that based on a single still? Ok, wow.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Film or show where someone is time travelling or teleporting or something and they have a box of crackers with them because it makes them nauseous.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or show where someone is time travelling or teleporting or something and they have a box of crackers with them because it makes them nauseous.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

busalover posted:

GIS is able to do that based on a single still? Ok, wow.

Yeah, reverse image search works for a lot of screenshots.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Japanese movie where a couple is sitting in a pumpkin patch and the guy is bragging / lying about being a part of the British royal family

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Zopotantor posted:

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?
Sounds right, thank you :thumbsup:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

morestuff posted:

Japanese movie where a couple is sitting in a pumpkin patch and the guy is bragging / lying about being a part of the British royal family

Happiness of the Katakuris?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Gripweed posted:

Happiness of the Katakuris?

Yeah that’s it. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Richard Sagawa is an icon.