Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chucky hams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the follow up mentions the first guy that made the review left so it’s a 100% we are sorry we made you mad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Game didn’t change in that time

everyone who worked at ign in 2006 is probably long dead by now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I had idiots on the internet getting mad at me because some guy who worked there like fifteen years ago gave a game a bad review (a game that, let's face it, the people getting mad probably never played), I'd probably distance myself too. That sounds like loving hell.

I have no particular love for IGN, but people are weird about them because they're one of the highest-profile review sites left. Like, people got mad at them for saying the Pokemon Gen 3 remakes had "too much water" and turned it into a meme, despite that being an objectively true statement.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also the follow up mentions the first guy that made the review left so it’s a 100% we are sorry we made you mad

what kind of logic is that
have you ever met a human being before

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Arist posted:

I have no particular love for IGN, but people are weird about them because they're one of the highest-profile review sites left. Like, people got mad at them for saying the Pokemon Gen 3 remakes had "too much water" and turned it into a meme, despite that being an objectively true statement.

It's weird to see that still crop up since I was under the impression that it was the most common Gen 3 criticism alongside "trumpets".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who the gently caress complained about the gen 3 trumpets, I'll kill them

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dewgy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhngu66Ccc

Full hardware teardown like they did when the PS5 came out, pretty neat!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I thought I was gonna buy Wanted: Dead today, but watching videos of the early game and uh... that's a lot of very long and very boring cutscenes. I'm not feeling the mini-game stuff either. That stuff was edited down to some funny off-kilter trailers, but in actual long-form, it all seems glacial and tedious.

The actual missions still look cool, but I'm curious how much of the game's runtime they actually amount to. I'd probably be day one at a lower price, but for $60 I guess I'll wait to hear a few more opinions.

Edit: Hilariously, the studio kinda fumbled with publishing to digital storefronts. There were two editions published on steam, but one of them was just an earlier build of the game and crashes like crazy. They're titled and described identically so the user reviews are pointing out which one is actually finished. I wonder if publishing the PS4 and PS5 versions as separate purchases was also a screwup.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 15, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

there were no copies of W:D at the store :geno:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

I thought I was gonna buy Wanted: Dead today, but watching videos of the early game and uh... that's a lot of very long and very boring cutscenes. I'm not feeling the mini-game stuff either. That stuff was edited down to some funny off-kilter trailers, but in actual long-form, it all seems glacial and tedious.

The actual missions still look cool, but I'm curious how much of the game's runtime they actually amount to. I'd probably be day one at a lower price, but for $60 I guess I'll wait to hear a few more opinions.

Edit: Hilariously, the studio kinda fumbled with publishing to digital storefronts. There were two editions published on steam, but one of them was just an earlier build of the game and crashes like crazy. They're titled and described identically so the user reviews are pointing out which one is actually finished. I wonder if publishing the PS4 and PS5 versions as separate purchases was also a screwup.

It is an incredibly short game. It's about 4 missions long.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
Sad to see this thread's hopes crushed for Wanted: Dead in real-time.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ImpAtom posted:

It is an incredibly short game. It's about 4 missions long.

Yeah I saw that there was a ‘complete playthrough’ video already up on YouTube that was 4 hours long

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Rental Sting posted:

Sad to see this thread's hopes crushed for Wanted: Dead in real-time.

Unwanted: Thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wanted:Dead has taught me two things
1) the only thing a game needs to be fun is cartoonishly large blood geysers, more games should do this
2) stefanie joosten owns

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

imhotep posted:

Yeah I saw that there was a ‘complete playthrough’ video already up on YouTube that was 4 hours long

Hooooooly poo poo. loving pass.

Evil West was supposed to be a really good throwback action game right? I see it’s on sale for a pretty reasonable $45 right now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I love garbage and hate having money so I have no regrets

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Augus posted:

I love garbage and hate having money so I have no regrets

:negative:

I bought it because I have no impulse control.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is a 5 hour playthrough, for reference

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Length means nothing without the context of how it’s utilized.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s the best worst game of 2023
the dialogue is horribly translated to the point that it’s just barely comprehensible
the ai is completely and utterly braindead, and will run around in random directions. they will pivot 180 degrees instantly and dash around corners at high speeds. this applies to both the enemies and your allies, it’s pure chaos
one cutscene that takes place in the middle of the day in an American style diner fades out and then suddenly drops you into the karaoke minigame with Stephanie Joosten, no setup
the third mission in particularly was falling apart at the seems, several rooms seemingly just didn’t have proper lighting, the enemies in this level had their voices mixed terribly so that they always sound like they’re talking directly in your ear, one bit has you fighting like half a dozen waves of enemies spawning out of a small closet and you can literally see them popping in out of thin air, in one battle the framerate suddenly dropped so low that the game was going in slow motion for half the fight
in boss fights it takes like 10 seconds before both Hannah and the boss are completely soaked in blood to the point that you can’t see their skin

I love it

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 15, 2023

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Kilometers Davis posted:

:wiggle:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jordan_Mallory/status/1277483756245442566

They were very clear about what they were asking for. Unions are springing up everywhere, it's looking more and more possible.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh yeah also every mission your squad goes on they end up killing like 300 people and when you talk to the random NPCs back at the station they’re just like “Jesus Christ what the gently caress is wrong with you” lol

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
We have Like a Dragon: Isshin coming out next week for some sword and gun fighting, it's an RGG game so guaranteed to be good.++

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

infraboy posted:

it's an RGG game so guaranteed to be good.++

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

infraboy posted:

We have Like a Dragon: Isshin coming out next week for some sword and gun fighting, it's an RGG game so guaranteed to be good.++

:monocle: Wowsers. I haven't even played Judgment, Lost Judgment, FoTNS (want to read the whole manga first just for fun), or finished Like a Dragon (7), but this is getting put onto the shelf right away. Man Who Forgot To Go to Lunch or whatever starring Kiryu will immediately go to the top of my to-play list, because I gotta know! What's Kiryu been up to, how's he doing.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Your team in Wanted: Dead has like 3 lines that they keep repeating during combat. The enemies have probably only 1 death scream. Maybe there's 2 but they're almost impossible to tell apart.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Kiryu has been trying out new hair styles.

God, i cant wait for the yakuza 8 mental leap kiryu goes with to explain turn base fights to himself like kasuga. Tbf tho, kasuga has clear brain damage that his friends enable.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Also I dunno if it's cause I have an NZ account (probably this?) or cause I'm in Japan but Theatrhythm says it unlocks in 3.5 hours for me :dogstare:
I need to sleep earlyish tonight for work in the morning but... This game...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Kilometers Davis posted:

Settle down bust rodd

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Wow, they are going all out in vr compared to 7 :eyepop:

Also lmao @ them showing right off the bat the area thats gonna cause heart attack deaths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6C95i1D1GE

Seeing all the little hand things and such in vr is cool. HL Alex has gotta get ported right???

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

Seeing all the little hand things and such in vr is cool. HL Alex has gotta get ported right???

Sony could just make a game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Augus posted:

It’s the best worst game of 2023
the dialogue is horribly translated to the point that it’s just barely comprehensible
the ai is completely and utterly braindead, and will run around in random directions. they will pivot 180 degrees instantly and dash around corners at high speeds. this applies to both the enemies and your allies, it’s pure chaos
one cutscene that takes place in the middle of the day in an American style diner fades out and then suddenly drops you into the karaoke minigame with Stephanie Joosten, no setup
the third mission in particularly was falling apart at the seems, several rooms seemingly just didn’t have proper lighting, the enemies in this level had their voices mixed terribly so that they always sound like they’re talking directly in your ear, one bit has you fighting like half a dozen waves of enemies spawning out of a small closet and you can literally see them popping in out of thin air, in one battle the framerate suddenly dropped so low that the game was going in slow motion for half the fight
in boss fights it takes like 10 seconds before both Hannah and the boss are completely soaked in blood to the point that you can’t see their skin

I love it

:same:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

Thry could... alas...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

They did

...Does Horizon not count or something?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Watch Helldivers 2 have some crazy cool VR poo poo in it out of nowhere.

veni veni veni posted:

Is The horizon PSVR 2 game not a game or something?

Nothing advertised seems like more than an experience as far as the jargon goes?

I'd be glad to be wrong.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All 3 PSVR2 owners should be very excited to play the Horizon game imo it looks pretty good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah we don’t know enough about Call of the Mountain yet to know if it’s a proper game or not but what I’ve seen does have “experience” vibes. I think it’s pretty likely it’ll end up being more than that but we’ll see I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Watch Helldivers 2 have some crazy cool VR poo poo in it out of nowhere.

Nothing advertised seems like more than an experience as far as the jargon goes?

I'd be glad to be wrong.

It's reportedly 6-7 hours long. It's not open world or anything, but still in real game territory and not really even much shorter than Alyx which is what, maybe 9-10 hours.