Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They'll finally pick up the cliffhanger from Prime 3 where the ship from the DS game is following her. The guy is in armor and hates the Federation so he can be a Chozo space marine who is also a pirate, Ridley's brother and a Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Asterite34 posted:

I am curious where you'd go with a Metroid 6. All the Metroids are dead, the guys who knew how to make Metroids are all dead, the X Parasite is dead as far as we know (unless there's ANOTHER goddamn Chozo colony studying the loving things), Ridley's dead, the Space Pirates haven't been a going concern since Super Metroid, we're kinda running out of established things to deal with. Unless it's just Samus fighting the Federation as they try and basically do a worse rehash of Raven Beak's plan to nab her Metroid DNA, I'm not sure where we go.

There's only so many Alien movies we can borrow material from. I guess we haven't done Alien 3 with Samus stuck on a prison planet, but it would be weird to do that AFTER we already did the Alien: Resurrection plot back in Fusion.

Since when has been dead stop someone from showing up in a Metroid game?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Whatever direction they go, I hope they don't overdo it. Just put Samus in an isolated, creepy place with instructions to kill everything. Too much plot would be a real drag

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Since when has been dead stop someone from showing up in a Metroid game?

good point.

calling my shot: the federation clones the chozo, who then clone the metroids, but they need to feed the metroids so they clone the x. turns out, this was stupid!

e: also ridley. they clone ridley. why not

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 15, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

As has been established, Samus is now THE Metroid. (much like how the guy in my avatar is Zelda from Zelda.) So she can go off and rip and tear across the galaxy. They can make up all new worlds and aliens and the name will still make sense.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Right, that chapter of Samus’s story is done. It is tough to say where they’ll go with it now.

Which also makes me wonder what Prime 4 is going to be about. Are they going to ditch Dark Samus & Phazon? Will there be space pirates and metroids? Who the gently caress knows.

Well since all the other Prime games so far have fit snugly between Metroid 1 and Metroid 2, I see no reason why there wouldn't be metroids and space pirates and poo poo, Samus hasn't been sent to exterminate them yet. That time period is kinda like the Clone Wars, in that it's rich in story potential despite being a relatively short period of in-universe time.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe it will be someone hunting Samus for her metroid dna. (Because the chozo forgot to write the DNA code down so it's not recorded anywhere)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shiroc posted:

They'll finally pick up the cliffhanger from Prime 3 where the ship from the DS game is following her. The guy is in armor and hates the Federation so he can be a Chozo space marine who is also a pirate, Ridley's brother and a Metroid.

It's Hudson from that one comic no one remembers.

EDIT: Actually it was Houston but that illustrates my point.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 15, 2023

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

It's Hudson from that one comic no one remembers.

It’ll be Hicks instead :colbert:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I would like to deal with x parasites in a prime game. X parasites in general are cool, they nudge the games towards body horror

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mean Prime, Fusion, and Dread each introduced an entirely new Thing to be a big bad threat and they all worked pretty well. They'll be fine, especially at the rate these games come out

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The final boss will be Samus Aran
You've been playing a Feddie the whole time
The game was actually Federation Force 2

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EightFlyingCars posted:

good point.

calling my shot: the federation clones the chozo, who then clone the metroids, but they need to feed the metroids so they clone the x. turns out, this was stupid!

e: also ridley. they clone ridley. why not

Ridley is cloned by the Metroids. They weren't trying to do it or anything. They were just floating around the cloning labs and, whoops. Ridley.

He's kind of the Metroid universe version of an error page. Whenever you just do some random cloning, odds are you'll get a Ridley.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Like with Ganondorf, the universe loving hates Ridley and resurrects him to get killed again by the same person, just to screw with him

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Which also makes me wonder what Prime 4 is going to be about.

Samus has to fight her ex-girlfriend, Sylux

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

No, they're going back to the old lore, from the original series era.

That's right. Captain N is back.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
In Metroid Dread 2, Samus crash lands on an unknown planet, losing most of her powerups and scattering the pieces of her damaged ship across the planet. In order to repair her ship and make her escape, she'll need to enlist the aid of the local plant-like creatures, known as "Pikmin", to combat the hostile wildlife, build bridges and break down walls, and transport items back to the ship.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Samus was a weird space-libertarian in those comics, though.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Dread’s combat and movement are so drat slick that I genuinely want them to do a full Zero Suit game where Samus uses melee as her body itself slowly becomes more and more hosed up and powerful due to the bedlam that is now her DNA. Give her a sword or a spear like the Chozo robots and let’s see what that team can do with pure close range combat. Just set her loose wherever the Space Pirates are currently held up while she goes full Rambo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MokBa posted:

Just set her loose wherever the Space Pirates are currently held up while she goes full Rambo.

Kick off the game with her absolutely unhinged feral scream from Dread, and I’m in :getin:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

chiasaur11 posted:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Samus was a weird space-libertarian in those comics, though.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

"The stars will be our playground," makes me want a game where Samus is in between missions, so she just cruises around the galaxy to unwind.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Icon Of Sin posted:

Kick off the game with her absolutely unhinged feral scream from Dread, and I’m in :getin:

I appreciate the title of this video of that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogRUwVCFBJM

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Samus getting loving countered like a telegraphed enemy attack is amazing still.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sylux unambiguously appeared in the ending teaser of federation force so it's pretty clear that's what metroid prime 4 is going to be about. well, as much as it can be "about" this one guy from hunters anyway.

anyone know if the fusion suit is still in prime remastered? you at least don't unlock it for beating the game but maybe it's for max% or beating hard mode?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is Tanabe even working on Prime 4?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Shiroc posted:

I appreciate the title of this video of that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogRUwVCFBJM

Related to a Doom Slayer meme:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

When Samus finally speaks in Dread, in that chozo language, I felt it

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Amppelix posted:

Sylux unambiguously appeared in the ending teaser of federation force so it's pretty clear that's what metroid prime 4 is going to be about. well, as much as it can be "about" this one guy from hunters anyway.

anyone know if the fusion suit is still in prime remastered? you at least don't unlock it for beating the game but maybe it's for max% or beating hard mode?

Didn't he steal a metroid egg? fwiw

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Whatever direction they go, I hope they don't overdo it. Just put Samus in an isolated, creepy place with instructions to kill everything. Too much plot would be a real drag

Lets change up the environments a little. Put Samus in Not Coruscant but it's been abandoned except for some wildlife and the new enemies. Like a hive mind has taken over the planet or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MokBa posted:

As has been established, Samus is now THE Metroid. (much like how the guy in my avatar is Zelda from Zelda.) So she can go off and rip and tear across the galaxy. They can make up all new worlds and aliens and the name will still make sense.

I guess you could say she's Metroid Prime :smug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Really Samus's career has just been a series of more and more overt 'no Samus you are the demons' scenes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Prequel with Samus in Bounty Hunter School. Metroid x Persona

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

No Dignity posted:

Really Samus's career has just been a series of more and more overt 'no Samus you are the demons' scenes

But she gave a thumbs down to the federation guy before doing their dirty work.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Great Beer posted:

Lets change up the environments a little. Put Samus in Not Coruscant but it's been abandoned except for some wildlife and the new enemies. Like a hive mind has taken over the planet or something.

drat, that would be perfect! Samus running around a ghost town, with some environmental storytelling indicating some heavy poo poo went down. That could be super eerie...now I hope it's what they do

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

drat, that would be perfect! Samus running around a ghost town, with some environmental storytelling indicating some heavy poo poo went down. That could be super eerie...now I hope it's what they do

Breath of the Wild->Wings of the Chozo? We can workshop it.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ikanreed posted:

But she gave a thumbs down to the federation guy before doing their dirty work.

that was a weird noncanon fanfic i.e. it never happened

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The way the elevator next to the ice beam leads you right to the Crashed Frigate is so mean lol.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tender Bender posted:

The way the elevator next to the ice beam leads you right to the Crashed Frigate is so mean lol.

Oh thank god you mentioned this.

I remembered this troll specifically but I couldn't figure out what I was meant to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
At the very least they should have put something in the sunken frigate really early on that gates on the Gravity Suit. It's hosed up they let you go so far in before blocking you and then you have to climb the whole way back out, without the Gravity Suit. Absolutely psychotic game design.