Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

It's already come back to bite them because Angela Rayner has been forced to defend her spending lol

They'll just leak internal stuff about the expenses of every left wing MP to get them booted out. I bet there's loads of them seething that Rayner is still in post. Remember most of the hardcore blairites hate Starmer because they think he isn't sufficiently ideologically committed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1625629745932120066

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wow. How long did they last?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

my teeth hurt reading that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The labour left won't listen

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1625617287288856603?t=f5VcvYiD_UECk4n6SaHp1Q&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

First public statement I think since either the far right event in Liverpool or Brianna gheys murder and he wrote in the paper that deadnamed her.

Christ

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1625765829907296256?t=jRBc3UAz-Fp1TZjO3q07aQ&s=19

Jose has issued a correction as of 09:13 on Feb 15, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Not that this is a surprise to anyone but it is a surprise she's openly saying it but then they've won and it'll never get properly questioned

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1625763357021052928?t=d65fhmM54_A_secVnsbHzQ&s=19

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
The party of organised NATO and the business class

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Starting to think this Labour Party might not be the answer to our nations many woes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/LizzyBuchan/status/1625784875411292161
join the green party jezzer

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Start you own party.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Jezza should join that tower hamlets party that drives all the briefcases insane.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"Are you ready Mr. Corbyn? The MPs are waiting for your farewell address..."

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/BBCScotlandNews/status/1625796259905675264

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

This is the transphobes winning right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gonadic io posted:

They'll spin it as one

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
New job opening for Jeremy...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It is wild that the labour right are so incredibly high on their own farts they're going so much further than Blair ever did despite the fact they're not even in power. I guess if the unions never disaffiliate though. Look at this poo poo. gently caress him

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1625787745707737088?t=J92XLID8n_DYWRMi_oYnPw&s=19

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

just the name of the shop

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Nicola Sturgeon is resigning as First Minister (for as-yet unclear reasons) and this seems to have come out of nowhere but it's impossible for me not to think that it's in part due to the transphobic reaction of recent years

she was pretty poo poo in many ways but any other likely option would have been worse

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
it always gets worse

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I loving hate the Tories but Starmer has done everything he can to convince me not to vote for him. So I won't! I'll happily throw my vote away on the Greens and look forward to laughing when he has to resign due to losing the next election.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Ash Crimson posted:

it always gets worse

who the gently caress gave you that avatar

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

John Charity Spring posted:

Someone really mad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jesus Christ what a lovely thing to do. Post in the UK chat thread and the ik can blank it if you want

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's not even funny

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

Jesus Christ what a lovely thing to do. Post in the UK chat thread and the ik can blank it if you want

Done

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

loving hell, this loving website I swear to god

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

John Charity Spring posted:

I'm so glad I only see them as tiny textless thumbnails. was bad enough seeing that pic on loving twitter.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

:confused:

e: nvm you posted in the other thread.

throw a post here and I can blank it for you if that mod doesn't sort it.

thank gently caress it's sorted.

Solefald has issued a correction as of 12:18 on Feb 15, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gonadic io posted:

They are claiming it as a win but I really don't think it is. I'd imagine being in charge of any country during COVID would've been absolutely loving exhausting unless you're a Boris Johnson type who didn't seem to care either way. And 8 years as leader isn't a bad time really. Obviously it's a shock & probably a bit of it is the backlash to the 2 trans rapists who were put in women's prison & the hay being made out of that by Douglas Ross but I really don't think it's worth exaggerating. Probably more likely is internal SNP stuff getting to her: the same stuff that saw the leader at Westminster go, as the indy fundamentalists get fed up with waiting & get more aggro.

The problem is there's no obvious successor. Kate Forbes has been mentioned but I can't see someone that socially conservative being accepted, abortion & gay rights aren't controversial viewpoints for most Scots. Even trans rights are overplayed because it's just an extremely vocal minority of freaks who seem to care about nothing else but being bigots to trans folk. Other than that, John Swinney has already failed as leader once, Angus Robertson is a divisive figure in the party as he lead the campaign for the SNP to remove a commitment to not join NATO after independence from the manifesto, Humza Yousef has been facing calls for his resignation over NHS waiting times so he'd start on a bit of a shoogily peg (though ultimately NHS funding mostly comes from Westminster & the block grant so I think that line is fairly insincere).

Ultimately Sturgeon goes down as at worst the 2nd most significant figure of the devolution era after Donald Dewar & also goes down as one of the few First Ministers to not go down in some sort of corruption scandal. But I also think she recognises that after 8 years in charge she's become a divisive figure & independence probably has it's best chance with a new leader with less baggage. Though the flaw is I don't know who that will be.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

The problem is there's no obvious successor.
I was gonna suggest Peter Murrell, because he has the most fishy name, but turns out he's her husband.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's pretty bad news for the SNP - Sturgeon was good at steadying the ship and managing the different ideological layers of the SNP into a common consensus. Without her they risk losing the next election and potentially slipping into obscurity. I could well believe she's got fed up with the job though. Covid would have been a massive drain, but on top of that is the divisions within the party that are getting stronger due to the political impasse they find themselves in. There are sections of the party that want to lunge it rightward and try a much more hardline approach to gaining independence, even if it costs them everything.

I'm not too sure who will replace her. Angus seems likely, but I think he'll struggle with the civil war brewing also. Forbes is part of a loony religion and if she wins it'll kill the SNP. After that it's very unclear who else could be an option.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Lol I called that it was a good move for the tories to block the gender Bill and thus split the snp.

The trans issue is a very good wedge issue for the tories, I don't think it will work on labour in the same way though but we will see.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Dimbleby or whoever smugly asks starmer what a woman is at the first election debate expecting him to poo poo himself but starmer instead puts forward his manifesto pledge to put all trans people in a big cage

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Dimbleby or whoever smugly asks starmer what a woman is at the first election debate expecting him to poo poo himself but starmer instead puts forward his manifesto pledge to put all trans people in a big cage

audience claps

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Really hoping for a repeat of that 2017 election results come in of the labour right next year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It certainly could happen since the polls are always wrong and they've shat all over their base

But it would be even shittier if we got 10 years of right wing labour making the problems worse before the tories come back for more, so I reckon that will happen.

Plus the tories brand is really damaged and turning Labour into the boot licker party probably could work on bootlicker Isle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

polls are wrong and voter ID is going to gently caress labour more than the tories. labour forced into a coalition is easily the funniest outcome of the election. it was the case that labour had huge polling leads because people who normally vote tory were responding saying they weren't going to vote rather than anyone switching. dunno if its still true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
pm rowling