Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wait lmao

Mauvier has the NPC support bonus? That's got to be an error right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Good thing we don't have to give a poo poo anymore huh

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wow that's dumb.

Anyway I tried to use the Bouch and then I realized Panette was roughly the same internal level and had 6 strength and speed on him while having enough build not to get slowed down by most axes, so.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Panette the strongest.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Harrow posted:

Not really, her Strength growth is awful.

But that's fine because her natural Magic growth is the highest in the entire game. Get her to level 10 and promote her to Sage, Mage Knight, or High Priest and she'll be one of the best mages in the game.

For some reason the game's fairly stingy with axe units early on but Boucheron should be able to get you through until you can start promoting people to Warrior or Wyvern Knight or Great Knight, recruit (and promote) Diamant, etc.

Ya I didn't know about her magic respec opportunity. I been mainly using Boucheron because he has higher speed than Vander/Anna.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Panette ftw

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hellioning posted:

Wow that's dumb.

Anyway I tried to use the Bouch and then I realized Panette was roughly the same internal level and had 6 strength and speed on him while having enough build not to get slowed down by most axes, so.

Of course Panette good.

But what if you had a second, slightly smaller, panette?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What is this about supports giving specific bonuses, is this anywhere in-game? Someone mentioned Yunaka giving crit+ to Merrin which is ??? Where is this

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Tae posted:

What is this about supports giving specific bonuses, is this anywhere in-game? Someone mentioned Yunaka giving crit+ to Merrin which is ??? Where is this

it happens to be in the serene's forest page linked in that tweet

https://serenesforest.net/engage/characters/support-bonus/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

its not anywhere in game

every character has their own support type. Hit, Crit, Avoid, Dodge, and Balanced. I'm unsure of the exact numbers, but it's like GBA/Tellius affinities, you combine the two bonuses to get the final result.

Balanced: Alear, Chloe, Citrinne, Kagetsu, Merrin, Lindon
Avoid: Vander, Alfred, Yunaka, Amber, Fogado, Hortensia, Saphir
Critical: Clanne, Boucheron, Louis, Diamant, Bunet, Timerra, Seadall, Jean
Hit: Framme, Alcryst, Jade, Zelkov, Panette, Rosado, Anna
Dodge: Etie, Celine, Lapis, Ivy, Pandreo, Goldmary

just think of it like affinities only theres only 5

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
To be fair even in GBA and Tellius where they did give it icons, they never explained what they meant or did.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in fe10 they showed you the bonuses for supports in the support menu but not what was determining them

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

If it’s the return of double earth I’m happy

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there a resource for what each prepromote's internal level is when they join? Mostly out of curiosity but also to help compare stats at actually equivalent levels.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Harrow posted:

Is there a resource for what each prepromote's internal level is when they join? Mostly out of curiosity but also to help compare stats at actually equivalent levels.

This spreadsheet has it. I don't think it's noted more neatly anywhere else at the moment.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Harrow posted:

https://imgur.com/a/1wTVGRa

No I don't know why Mauvier's internal level is apparently 0

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The best amiibo battle music is of course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqWUyh1ugw

Soren breaks Goldmary lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDgXeACtgA

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 15, 2023

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Lapis is now chugging along at 92 Avoid. At minimum. Without terrain or adjacency bonuses or anything.

And it also automatically shoots up to a flat 100 when she's on the attack.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lapis is strong if you can get her past her bad bases

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It is super weird with all that info

that Mauvier gets all the 'default/none' values. Wonder if he was a late addition?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh hell yeah there's a reverse recruitment mod where Alear is Veyle starting,

I like the whole cast at the beginning mod, but this sounds cool as hell.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Wow. I know fire emblem final bosses are universally terrible, but even still good lord Sombron is a wuss. one shot 4 times in one turn by Alear. And his suuuuper scary minions include a dude with 1 range that doesn't move. On the final map.

you were a cool cobra dragon man! you deserved so much better than lobbing one liner setups at alear ad nauseum(which she shamefully ignored completely) and then dying with a wimper.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Looks like my big MVPs were Alear, Anna, Boucheron, Etie, and Chloe.

That tracks pretty well. Bouche and his tomahawk took a good half of them. It's kind of a shame they don't rank your top units by victories in this one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cheetah7071 posted:

Lapis is strong if you can get her past her bad bases

I think the point where she joins does her no favors. The game uses her to introduce smash weapons, but she's not a good candidate for using them. Diamant joins on the very next mission with better bases and he's a royal with a better class.

Like Citrinne, you have to go out of your way to develop Lapis if you want to use her, but she certainly can pull her weight given the chance. She's a sterling example of the classic FE myrmidon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hate maddening 25. Genuinely the least fun I had.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I loved that one. Just constantly running forward in terror for a dozen turns or so. Great map. It every bit lived up to my initial reaction of "hmmm. That's a lot of stairs..."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Good thing we don't have to give a poo poo anymore huh

wow, that makes sense why some of my units stopped gaining hearts during a map :\

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Fire Emblem Engage just now. This is my first completed Fire Emblem.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I hate maddening 25. Genuinely the least fun I had.

if you haven't finished yet, you can cheese it a bit by underdeploying so your army isn't split up, then using micaiah warp shenanigans to get everybody into the boss area on turn 2. You' need to either play quickly after that or find a way to kill the thieves that come to open the doors

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

I loved that one. Just constantly running forward in terror for a dozen turns or so. Great map. It every bit lived up to my initial reaction of "hmmm. That's a lot of stairs..."

No I mean the map is extremely laggy as poo poo.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
If you equip a tome user like a Sage who doesn't use any regular weapons with Lucina, will they attack with magic from Dual Strike? (just says unit participates in chain attacks as if it were a backup unit.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ccubed posted:

If you equip a tome user like a Sage who doesn't use any regular weapons with Lucina, will they attack with magic from Dual Strike? (just says unit participates in chain attacks as if it were a backup unit.)
They will but it won't affect anything. Backup attacks are just a set percentage of the target's HP and aren't reduced by defense or res. So attacking with magic changes nothing.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
But if they had, for example, Thunder equipped they still get 3 range?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ccubed posted:

But if they had, for example, Thunder equipped they still get 3 range?

Yup. This also works with longbows in the warrior class

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I find Lucina is best on a wolf knight since chain attacks with knives do apply poison.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Yup. This also works with longbows in the warrior class
it also works with meteor

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

it also works with meteor

Meteor’s an actual spell you can use? I just took it for granted it was in the enemy-only category like Glower in New Mystery.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Soren has access to Bolting. I've been wanting to try giving Soren to a hero just so I can have a siege tome brave assist hero. I don't know if it'd be good but it sounds really funny

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Meteor's enemy only. Soren's got Bolting, though, so I'd assume you could stick his bracelet and Dual Assist+ on someone in a backup class and get up to some extremely stupid poo poo for 3-4 turns if so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So, King Morion? More like King Moron. What an idiot.