Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The next 48 hours. It's quicksilver's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Lockjaw trip report: I yeeted Thor into the quantum tunnel, rolled Mjolnir, yeeted Leech into Lockjaw, got Wasp. All my high power cards chilled in my hand. Still won 2 cubes? Am I doing this right?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bounced Shang through the tunnel to kill Chavez. Next turn draw Shang to kill Sunspot. Victory!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also I've been climbing like crazy with Cleanup 141's deck from last season. It's wild. Went from 62 to 67 in about an hour.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
My guess is that this location will be fun when it's in the regular pool - certainly more fun than Plunder Castle. It's a bit of a nightmare as a non-lockjaw-haver as a featured location - Patriotless Patriot kinda worked, but lockjaw sans lockjaw doesnt sound like a consistent deck (not to complain too hard, I climbed a ton last season from the Altar featured location)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, this location showing up right after I get my Thanos deck going is certainly good timing

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Bottom Liner posted:

This deck is a blast with Quantum Tunnel. Absolute shenanigans.

I've been playing The Sean's deck, minus Shuri, and it has helped me climb past 50 so far. Thank you Sean for sharing it!

Can also confirm the deck is pretty darn fun with the current location. I find I'm holding any of the 2-2-3 drops until the final location reveals, waiting to see if I get the Quantum Tunnel. It's a great way to get more of your big cards on the field early. Also being able to buff my deck and immediately swap for a buffed card with Okoye is fun and Elenabling Electro's +1 energy and immediately removing him from the board is also great.

There are some funny interactions too that have to do with paying attention to where a card is played. For example an opponent had played Iron Fist, then Cosmo onto Quantum Tunnel. Iron Fist knocked Cosmo over as one would expect, but then Cosmo bounced back to deck from the other lane.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't a better animation for the cards swapping place on Quantum Tunnel though. Something like Lockjaw's card swap animation but maybe with the ant-Man card shrinking/growing when you are dragging it to a location would have been a nice touch. Maybe we'll get something in a future patch. I've also noticed my opponent's card taking a second to load as it swaps in.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm a little disappointed you can't double up on the effect if Lockjaw gets pulled up from your deck. Would make Thanos decks absolutely broken, especially with Quinjet.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I made a sweet Lockjaw deck and I keep getting this location coupled with SUBTERRANEA: gently caress YO DECK, ITS FULL OF ROCKS NOW

Back to Cerebro Deuce the deck that wins in every clime and place.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Victor Vermis posted:

I made a sweet Lockjaw deck and I keep getting this location coupled with SUBTERRANEA: gently caress YO DECK, ITS FULL OF ROCKS NOW

Back to Cerebro Deuce the deck that wins in every clime and place.

I was just playing a Thanos deck and got 3 straight games with Subterranea. Do you know how much it sucks to drop 3 tokens into the ol' slot machine and come up with 3 straight rocks because I do.

Chonky boy deck is really good with the tunnel though. The 2-2-3 cards all become free Jubilees with the added benefit of only using one spot on the lane. Seeing a lot of matches absolutely staying away from it. Whatever, more for me. Embrace the chaos of the game.

Also Zola is hilarious with the tunnel. Lane clogged with 3 chonks? Just drop a Zola last turn to spread the wealth! Even better when he comes up from the tunnel and copies a chonky boy out super early.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Odin is absolutely key for abusing this location. Pulled off some real dumb stuff already with it like Zola/Doom on the lane and Dropping Odin there that pops into Dino.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

CHALLENGE: ALL-INFINITY DECK
(bring your shiny infinity cards only)

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 21277

EDIT: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

KOORIKEN WINS, that jerk.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 15, 2023

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

The secret is to always have Daredevil Gamora. Though you were an expert at playing Storm to cut off my secret Leader lmao

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kooriken posted:

The secret is to always have Daredevil Gamora. Though you were an expert at playing Storm to cut off my secret Leader lmao

GG!

(stands for "GAMORA'gain? Godammit!")

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I need to trick-out my Doggo or my Tentacle-Cat

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

Victor Vermis posted:

GG!

(stands for "GAMORA'gain? Godammit!")

It's alright you have the moral victory, way more cool Variants at Infinity than me. GG

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Next: COST Challenge. Construct a deck in which every card has the same energy cost.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Next: COST Challenge. Construct a deck in which every card has the same energy cost.

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 29057

EDIT: Timed out

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 15, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
achievement unlocked: played modok on the new location to swap hela in

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man this round of featured locations are actually fun. Or at least not completely miserable. Amazing how much better a card game can be when you're allowed to play cards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ninurta posted:

Welp, I'm on a nice losing streak, and I just had an opponent quit on turn 1 when Weird World dropped. Just how bad did he think my deck was?

It doesn't matter how bad your deck is. If your opponent is playing any kind of synergy deck then Weirdworld has very likely bricked his hand. Imagine holding Patriot and Mystique and knowing that you'll never draw a card with no abilities, and tell me that you won't retreat on the spot.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I mean, you should stick around to see if your opponent bricked or you draw their god draws, but I don't blame people for bouncing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

priznat posted:

I am glad the Ghost base card continues the proud tradition of awesomely thicc thighs

Hell yea

I assume they are mainly going with variants of MCU Ghost, since she will return in the upcoming Thunderbolts movie. But maybe they are saving the male verson from the comics for the sexy summer variant?

(they'll be invisible except for floating swimwear :v: )

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay help me figure this one out - Angela will not activate on Quantum Tunnel. Nothing in the wording indicates why. When you play a card it gets swapped, when you play a card she gets +2. You're playing cards for both triggers. Does the location trigger hit prior to Angela's? Why wouldn't it count for both?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

New Leaf posted:

Okay help me figure this one out - Angela will not activate on Quantum Tunnel. Nothing in the wording indicates why. When you play a card it gets swapped, when you play a card she gets +2. You're playing cards for both triggers. Does the location trigger hit prior to Angela's? Why wouldn't it count for both?
Angela has a bunch of nonsense interactions like that. I haven't found a suitable explanation she seems to be coded differently from other stuff.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm guessing plenty of other people know this, but I just found out that if you have Luke Cage out, get hit with Hazmat and he prevents it, but then later his power is removed via Rogue or Entrantress...you retroactively get the negative power counters:

I guess the theory is that Luke doesn't stop the -1 counters from existing, he just stops them from affecting your cards.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 15, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Locations with "When" activate before cards with the same, so from Angela's PoV the card vanished and was never "played."

Yes, it's counter-intuitive and the effects would be simultaneous, but Marvel Snap loves vague key-works, inconsistent interactions, and obtuse mechanics.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
gently caress, and the tunnel seems to love finding Angela in my deck.. Every single time this morning. Time to replace her for the event.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jedit posted:

It doesn't matter how bad your deck is. If your opponent is playing any kind of synergy deck then Weirdworld has very likely bricked his hand. Imagine holding Patriot and Mystique and knowing that you'll never draw a card with no abilities, and tell me that you won't retreat on the spot.

I had a match yesterday against a Cerebro 2 where we got Mindscape followed by Weirdworld followed by Mirror Dimension. The second card I got from them was Scarlet Witch so I was nice and killed Weirdworld. Mirror Dimension took on Mindscape so I figured that was fine since it'll swap both our hands twice (should put us back to what we had before). We were both in for it until the swap happened. It went and then hands went back and they instantly retreated realizing I had their cerebro and it didn't matter at all what they did, they wouldn't have the power to win without that card.

I kinda feel bad for this person. Not just a bad Doc Ock pull but two in a row. Dude successfully called that I was setting up a double panther so they Doc Ock the middle lane (the logical place for it, makes sense, making smart plays). It's an even smarter play because it's on Lockjaw so you get a chance of a good card in exchange and another Doc Ock if you need it. So it pulls in order...Infinaut....Zola. I'm happy. got the 2-2-3 in mind so Jubilee's gonna pull a monster from the deck and she does. Plays something into Lockjaw again and it pulls back out Doc Ock who...pulls Odin in the only space left. Just absolutely terrible luck.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Walla posted:

Also I've been climbing like crazy with Cleanup 141's deck from last season. It's wild. Went from 62 to 67 in about an hour.

What’s this one?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

The Sean posted:

I made a second post to just keep the deck writup separate; I wrote briefly about this yesterday or something but whatever.

Music Make You Lose Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na7lIb09898

I posted recently that I never played move and I also don't really see move at my level anymore so I wanted to do something a little unexpected. I mostly want the opponent to Lose Control and I want to design how the board looks.

It's taking some time to learn how to pilot but I'm positive in cubes without snapping even (though it took a minute to get to that point and it seems I'm playing mostly against Infinites who also don't snap). Most of this is pretty straightforward but it's a throwback to classic move decks (that I never played myself, just against). DD really helps with some late game choices; amongst other things he really informs which of the multiple tools I should use (move 1-2 cost, 3-4 cost, Juggernaut bounce, Shang Chi). Shang Chi and Cloak are a good T6 in some situations. Rogue shuts Wong the gently caress down. Miles is cheap af all the time. Shuri is, well, Shuri.

My favorite though is knowing that I am building my middle lane as the left lane and right as the middle lane--but not just like Pool 1 where I'm only using my cards. I'm building what I'm going to play against as well. Hiemdall comes out of fuckin' nowhere (who that has been playing for a while has even thought about this card for weeks/months?).

On purpose I am not using Multiple Man, Vulture, etc. because that really signals that I'm moving to the left lane eventually. Heimdall isn't as much of a surprise when you see those. I hope that my opponent is like "just stop moving my poo poo around wtf is wrong with you?"

Speaking of Shuri, one thing that I learned is that a few of the move cards have a really high power payoff for the cost since they have a downside, somewhat randomless, or are finicky to use. Obviously, this make it really easly to slide into unreachable locations.

Dragging Dracula (since he is low cost) with Magneto into a useless lane is amazing.

Fun sad fact Melissa Elliot excelled in school as a youth to the point that the school pushed her up to grades. Then she became socially isolated due to nobody wanting to hang out with someone so much younger so she tanked her mmr grades so hard that they dropped her back down.

Also a good musical reference for this deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ayHAciI-E&t=19s

This could vary for y'all but with my music tastes it's really fun to jam out and be like "woop, nope! nah, not there! hey, look at this!"

I wrote this while making dinner so there may be lines that don't make sense.

I tried this for a bit in the 40-50 range and it's rough. Dunno if I would run this sub infinite level.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Good news! I got a series 4 card from a box!

Bad news! It's Orka!

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Seems like Shang-Chi is everyone's favorite tech card again, at least around rank 50. It's making the Big Dudes deck a bit harder to pilot, especially since I often don't have priority when I want to Arnim Zola.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Radioactive Toy posted:

Seems like Shang-Chi is everyone's favorite tech card again, at least around rank 50. It's making the Big Dudes deck a bit harder to pilot, especially since I often don't have priority when I want to Arnim Zola.

I run a variation of a She-Hulk/Infinaut deck posted several pages ago as my main, and I've found surprisingly few Shang-Chi's lately. I was seeing a lot of Discard decks last week and so far this week I'm seeing sort of Zoo variation? Basically dropping 1 or 2 costs cards on Quantum Tunnel to try and bring a big boy.

I have both Armor and Cosmo to help mitigate him, but I can't always draw into them or have a good opportunity to play, so I do take changes.

Thankfully, the "ideal" way the deck works is Magick on turn 5, do nothing turn 6 (ideally I have SunSpot out and he can take the extra energy), and then I often don't have priority in turn 7 to drop down both She-HUlk and Infinaut so there's little chance of them getting blasted anyway.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Leading the parade of thanos enjoyers up and down the street celebrating this featured location.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Do not understand why people run America Chavez in thanos decks. There are 18 cards in the deck! I can’t believe whatever tiny edge of drawing lockjaw outweighs how much it sucks to draw your worst 6 drop every game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

the_american_dream posted:

What’s this one?

https://youtu.be/rqNpTytZuZw

It's literally a Kazoo Control deck. KMBest did a video on it a couple of weeks ago. It actually feels a bit more consistent than Sera Miracle, but I've only been playing it for a couple of hours. Up to 68 after 3 games this morning, 2 I lost.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Had a weird bug with the new location + the one that swaps which deck you draw from. I played their Iron Fist on the new location, which then pushed their next play to the left. Iron Fist himself hadn't even been revealed yet

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Protip posted:

I've been playing The Sean's deck, minus Shuri, and it has helped me climb past 50 so far. Thank you Sean for sharing it!

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

Psikotik posted:

I tried this for a bit in the 40-50 range and it's rough. Dunno if I would run this sub infinite level.

Oh, yeah, it's just for fun. I did have some success with it, though. It also needs more time in the oven.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Does anybody know the internal logic on how boosters are earned? Does winning, losing, how many turns the match went matter, anything like that? Or is it just random?