Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ALL HANDS ON DECK

BABBY HAS A POOPY DIAPEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
As someone whose parents did not love them, I can say that the absence of that love creates an empty well of need that can never really be filled.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have kids try to spend some extra time with them so they don't grow up to be a Trump or an Elon or a me.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I do not understand Twitter's algorithms at all. I have an account with like only five accounts I follow, and I put Notifications on for dril and Strong Bad, but only see notifications when my buddy retweets someone else instead. And yet I go to Strong Bad's account and he's made posts! How am I supposed to see these posts? Why aren't they under my Notifications? Why is Twitter stupid?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Incelshok Na posted:

As someone whose parents did not love them, I can say that the absence of that love creates an empty well of need that can never really be filled.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have kids try to spend some extra time with them so they don't grow up to be a Trump or an Elon or a me.

Which tech and/or real estate company full of fraud did you found

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HJE-Cobra posted:

I do not understand Twitter's algorithms at all. I have an account with like only five accounts I follow, and I put Notifications on for dril and Strong Bad, but only see notifications when my buddy retweets someone else instead. And yet I go to Strong Bad's account and he's made posts! How am I supposed to see these posts? Why aren't they under my Notifications? Why is Twitter stupid?

is it on for your phone?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Redirecting your formerly multi-billion dollar company so it can put all resources into stroking your already constantly stroked ego just a little bit harder is the single most pathetic thing I've ever heard. I know we all joke that Elon could do literally anything with his life, but the decision to do this as opposed to anything else puts Musk in contention as the biggest loser in history.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

is it on for your phone?

Phone? lol no I don't have no twitter app, I just mean in the notifications section in their dumb website

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You need another ingredient beyond parents who do not love you

Money

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

sticksy posted:

Which tech and/or real estate company full of fraud did you found

I worked extensively with Theranos back-in-the-day but I don't really have the inherited wealth to be a macher.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad Elon's parents didn't love him (they were surely correct not to), I just wish he wouldn't take it out on the rest of the world.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Random Stranger posted:

Redirecting your formerly multi-billion dollar company so it can put all resources into stroking your already constantly stroked ego just a little bit harder is the single most pathetic thing I've ever heard. I know we all joke that Elon could do literally anything with his life, but the decision to do this as opposed to anything else puts Musk in contention as the biggest loser in history.

The worst thing about it is that whereas at least Trump is clearly living in a psychotic world of delusion created by decades of privilege and blowjobs by every state government and bank and media rag on earth, Elon has a modicum of self-awareness. He's painfully aware that he's bad at shitposting, which is why he thinks he can just bullhead his way to competence at it. He's an insecure high school nerd at heart, and he's got to be just eaten up alive by worry about how he is perceived. It's all that matters to him.

And just like a high-school movie poindexter who thinks the answer to getting the head cheerleader to like him is to put mind-control drugs in the school water supply, he's managing to resort to the most monstrous, outrageous, and utterly self-defamatory tactics out of a bizarre misguided belief that it's actually a perfectly normal thing that anyone would do.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its so loving funny that one of the bigger tech companies now has some random cousin of elon nobody has ever heard of doing @here bombs in a engineering slack channel begging for "anyone who can create dashboards and write software" to hop on and fix his cousins engagement so he beats prominent twitter user uhhhh *checks notes* joe biden

just lmao forever

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Random Stranger posted:

because the president of the US had a better Super Bowl tweet just lmao

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm glad Elon's parents didn't love him (they were surely correct not to), I just wish he wouldn't take it out on the rest of the world.

his mom regularly comes to his defense on twitter (I remain unconvinced he uses her account)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Arbetor brought up a good point on the Discord: although Trump has his own social media site, there are no reports* that he's forcing his "truths" on to all the users of that platform.

It's quite something when Elon Musk is more pathetic than Donald "Frankly, I did win this election" Trump.

* At least that we know of so far.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 15, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ben shapino posted:

his mom regularly comes to his defense on twitter (I remain unconvinced he uses her account)

That doesn't mean she loves him, just that she thinks Elon being flamed reflects badly on her.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For a rich fucker he really is worthless.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Stare-Out posted:

For a rich fucker he really is worthless.

But you repeat yourself

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Incelshok Na posted:

Yeah but you'd think a megarich gently caress like Elon would just, y'know, start therapy instead of having the most pathetic midlife crisis in recorded history.

Edit: but on second thought, starting therapy requires a willingness to take feedback, which Elon has also very publicly demonstrated he has none.

Decon fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 15, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

HJE-Cobra posted:

Phone? lol no I don't have no twitter app, I just mean in the notifications section in their dumb website
How’s your meme game?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

For $44,000,000,000 you could pay 44,000 people $50,000 a year each for 20 years to laugh at your jokes and Like your posts and send you cool memes to steal and think “Wow this guy is such a genius but also such a cut up! XD just like The Big Bang Theory!!”

That’s the yearly GDP of the country of Cyprus. You could tell an entire country “hey take the year off I’ll pay the bills and send them all on vacation.

The Dailybeast bought 1,000 Russian Twitter bot accounts for $45. You could buy a billion bots for $45 million and they could like all your posts. You could buy another billion to spam all your enemies posts. This is chump change when compared to $44 billion.

Ford has a market cap of 50.76 billion. If you searched your couch cushions you could come up with a little more cash and instead of buying a company that produces literally nothing you could buy a real car company instead of your fake car company.

The US spends about $15 billion on school lunches per year. You could feed every child in the country for 3 years. You could help lift enormous amounts of children out of poverty, you could fund breakfast, you could buy them computers or teachers or mentors.

I know every billionaire is a failure of policy and society but the completely transparent and flagrant self serving auto-fellating Elon Musk bullshit is beyond the pale.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon stands at the head of a Very Long Table with his hands awkwardly clasped behind his back. "gentlemen, move the doomsday clock to 11:59. joe brandon's engagement has ... surpassed my own."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Maybe whatever engineers are left at Twitter can develop a color-coded alert system to determine the level of engagement with Elon's tweets.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One wonders how a supervillain gets that way

Like at one time they must have been a normal kid, with normal hopes and dreams

Somewhere deep down, they must still believe they are just some guy, seeking their place in the world

As they press the LAUNCH button, they muse to themselves, "Just a little more of this and then I can retire to a seaside villa and return to my real love, poetry"

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

One wonders how a supervillain gets that way

Like at one time they must have been a normal kid, with normal hopes and dreams

Somewhere deep down, they must still believe they are just some guy

Musk had been told all his life by his mother that he is an exceptional genius who can do no wrong, he's been surrounded by servants and sycophants forever, and grew up in a country where the colour of his skin made him think he's superior to most of the population.

He's Never thought I'd himself as ordinary or the little guy

Renfield fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 15, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Musk is just normal villain. He hasn't done anything super.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1625847604998205440

Wasn't it only like just a week ago that he was crowign about how he had saved Twitter from bankruptcy?

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 15, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1625847604998205440

Wasn't it only like just a week ago that he was crowign about how he had ssaved Twitter from bankruptcy?

"trending toward breakeven" or some such nonsense lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trending negatively toward the positive

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gotta sink before you can soar

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kazil posted:

"trending toward breakeven" or some such nonsense lol

This is what happens when you stop paying employees and rent at all your buildings, duh

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If he can cut costs to zero, then any advertising or :eightbux: he brings in is pure profit!

If he shows profit for one month he can then put some poor schmoe in his seat and skip away into the sunset singing like Rumpelstiltskin

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Elon Musk's Twitter: "Please Like and Engage (Me)".

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Data Graham posted:

If he shows profit for one month he can then put some poor schmoe in his seat and skip away into the sunset singing like Rumpelstiltskin

It all hinges on whether he can figure out a way to make Twitter generate Carbon Credits.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

E the Shaggy posted:

"Have more babies that you can't afford and will never see because you're too busy working 18 hours a day in my Tesla mines!"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1625580694494928897?s=20&t=pesOKI_lJB98PKzE2oTVCw
Hey assholes, get into the office and do 80 hours weeks to boost my dumbass tweet impressions. I'm also canceling all your benefits and cutting pay.

Hmm I wonder why people aren't having children :thunk:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Elons going to spend the year trying and failing to fix the revenue streams, then hand off the company to a fall guy as Twitter implodes.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
That’s fine, he’ll still be siphoned for those debt payments!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Oh no, a population decline opening up housing :ohdear:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder how much he’s looked for a CEO, only for people to realize they would just be the fall guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

lol who's gonna want to be twitter CEO after Elon leaves it in neonazi shambles. Surely a quality leader will look at the antivaxxxer heaven and go "yes this is important for humanity"

I'm guessing @jack will have no shame about returning for the 3rd time