Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Death Stranding 2 is a PS5 exclusive

Ohhhhh son of a bitch

I think it took like a year for DS1 to come to PC after initial release but I had a PS4 back then so I could play at launch

Maybe they'll release a PS5 slim for a reduced price eventually or something but there's no Bloodborne permalocked GottaHaveIt to make me actually buy one this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Kojima's done it yet again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Demon's Souls doesn't really have a proper final boss, though most people will probably do false Allant last and he's a decent boss. There's is technically a final boss but it's just the twisted broken real Allant who barely puts up a fight as you kill him, I guess you could say that's bad but he's not really supposed to be anything but a sad echo you put down.

Oh this reminds me I should play Demon's Souls, I've never gotten around to it and I own a PS5 so why not

I deleted Marvel's the Avengers to make room (100 GB lol)... I had to admit to myself I would never finish the story mode nor the DLC content. I failed to stop Ulysses Klaue from storming the vibranium mound...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

Ending of Arcane is some amazing telly, can have highly recommend sticking about for it

I have joked about starting to watch Arcane and learning the song doesn't go "every single person is my enemy," but I was flabbergasted to learn the tv theme isn't even the version with the rapping

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

These two games will completely justify the purchase by themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqvC507g1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmTBfDD6a4

i'm not interested in either of these...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

Ahem

Skill issue

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DS2 might be cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have joked about starting to watch Arcane and learning the song doesn't go "every single person is my enemy," but I was flabbergasted to learn the tv theme isn't even the version with the rapping

The Arcane soundtrack is insane, just banger after banger of world class artists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNEx-9OqRM

Extremely hype for whenever S2 drops.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space Marine 2's going to own

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I haven't played the original despite a ton of people yelling at me to

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Death Stranding 2 will be 1 of 2 good games of this generation.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I haven't played the original despite a ton of people yelling at me to

It's also pretty good but showing its age

Multiplayer had a fun gimmick where you could copy the loadout of the last person to kill you, so even if you haven't grinded your way to unlocking anything (like a normal human), you could use a bunch of fun stuff and get some payback

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looper posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

DS2 might be cool

I'm kojima'd out atm and i still gotta play peace walker

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i havent Kojed (my term for playing a kojima game) for a while...... time to dig out the PLay Station 3...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think my MGS trilogy disc has been in the PS3 for so long that it may have fused with the drive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How do you get "Kojima'd out"?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr Hootington posted:

Metal Gear Solid V makes it pretty easy

It's fun while it lasts though

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
In the second to last dungeon of Persona 4 Golden and I’ve been on a boss fight for almost an hour.

And I’m on easy mode.

So I’m fighting my girl “Marie”. She reflects all damage except Almighty. Problem? Only Naoto has them. And she also has the least amount of SP on my team and I’m out of SP items. And “Marie” has a ton of health. So I’m literally having everyone guard except Naoto, until she runs out of SP, and then having her guard until she builds it back up to use her Almighty skills again. It’s a lot of hitting A for ten minutes until she runs out of SP, then changing her tactics to “conserve SP” for like 10 minutes and rinse/repeat.

And after an hour she still has some health yet so I finally had to put my Xbox into sleep mode so I could go to bed.

It’s actually hilarious and great.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hey a new HW3 update

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/homeworld3/updates

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

bengraven posted:

In the second to last dungeon of Persona 4 Golden and I’ve been on a boss fight for almost an hour.

And I’m on easy mode.

So I’m fighting my girl “Marie”. She reflects all damage except Almighty. Problem? Only Naoto has them. And she also has the least amount of SP on my team and I’m out of SP items. And “Marie” has a ton of health. So I’m literally having everyone guard except Naoto, until she runs out of SP, and then having her guard until she builds it back up to use her Almighty skills again. It’s a lot of hitting A for ten minutes until she runs out of SP, then changing her tactics to “conserve SP” for like 10 minutes and rinse/repeat.

And after an hour she still has some health yet so I finally had to put my Xbox into sleep mode so I could go to bed.

It’s actually hilarious and great.

(Slight hint in spoilers, not story ones but spoiling it since you're having fun) You're meant to use Break skills to remove her Repel and make her neutral to an element. The dungeon even has item drops that work like those skills I think. Not that you're being dumb because I'm sure it's the only fight in the entire game where those abilities are useful.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Report back. The trailers looked like poo poo.

It's neat. I like the weapon choices and the gimmick of building. No clue if it'll hold up though.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I've been replaying Death Stranding lately and really feeling the fun little flourishes Kojima & The Gang put into their games. Like how when you escape an enemy zone your little radar turns into a thumbs up, the baby clapping inside its pod when you go on a fun zipline or being able to skateboard down hills on your cargo carrier.

ps Die Hardman is extremely good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This is their third monster hunter game, and the other two already did a lot of stuff better than classic Monster Hunters. I'm not surprised if it would be pretty good.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

RBA Starblade posted:

It's also pretty good but showing its age

Multiplayer had a fun gimmick where you could copy the loadout of the last person to kill you, so even if you haven't grinded your way to unlocking anything (like a normal human), you could use a bunch of fun stuff and get some payback

Being a dreadnought was badass. The MP balance was also really good because the weapon unlocks were more sidegrades and with the right perk loadout you could make the bolter, or chainsword if you were a raptor, just as good as the unlock weapons

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's neat. I like the weapon choices and the gimmick of building. No clue if it'll hold up though.

Thanks. I will give the demo a try too.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I continue to fall in love with League of legends

There is a tree man called Ivern. He makes friends with the jungle creeps. He is my new bae.

Also spamming Caitlyn a lot because I autofill and always get ADC

Game is cool and has a lot of novelty for me, also nowhere near as toxic as dota so far

ivern's such a wonderfully goofy character, and caitlyn's a consistently good ADC pick thanks to a combination of her range and safety. i'd probably put her as the best Baby's First ADC in the game nowadays

they've done a good job at cracking down on overall toxicity via a whole host of systems, so the only real problem nowadays, aside from the occasional mouthy rear end in a top hat, is people trying to do poo poo like AFK in fountain if their team won't surrender, although they've been fine tuning their machine learning to detect stuff like that too. it's heaps better than, say, OW2, at the least

Infinitum posted:

On LoL - Saw Sting tonight and he played What Could Have Been from the Arcane soundtrack, and it was the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1klbTzBQpk

Had it sync'd up to the scene with Jinx doing the intro and everything

the whole soundtrack kicks loving rear end, i probably listen to Snakes once or twice a day at minimum

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

say it aloud

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have too much God drat poo poo to play and I still need to get back into splat3 at some point... maybe next "season"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
White chocolate won the last splatfest, hosed up imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont get how people play MP games this much how do you handle the time management..... so much game to play

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vermain posted:

ivern's such a wonderfully goofy character, and caitlyn's a consistently good ADC pick thanks to a combination of her range and safety. i'd probably put her as the best Baby's First ADC in the game nowadays

they've done a good job at cracking down on overall toxicity via a whole host of systems, so the only real problem nowadays, aside from the occasional mouthy rear end in a top hat, is people trying to do poo poo like AFK in fountain if their team won't surrender, although they've been fine tuning their machine learning to detect stuff like that too. it's heaps better than, say, OW2

He owns, just the concept of making friends with jungle creeps rules.

Caitlyn just feels obvious to a new player in a way most other ADCs don't. I find it easier to win games on Miss Fortune though.

Coming from Dota, LoL does feel way less toxic but then I have muted all chat and there is no voice comms plus I'll be playing with low level/new accounts so it's not a fair comparison

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kerrzhe posted:

why do people hate cutscenes so much. i love cutscenes, i never skip them

I mean, it depends on the game, but the Monster Hunter stuff I absolutely 100% do not care about in any capacity. I actually liked the haikus and didn't skip those, but the main 'story' stuff is awful.

Not a Children posted:

I've been really enjoying Vampire Survivors as a filler game when I'm just trying to get sleepy but it really irked me when I realized they straight up stole Castlevania art

wait til you find out what else that guy straight up stole. (the entire gameplay from a phone game)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont get how people play MP games this much how do you handle the time management..... so much game to play

I have no children and my missus works nights so I get to spend all my waking hours in front of a pc

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i usually play like, one game at a time so fitting in an hour of splat3 is just against my Gaming Habits.... i love that game though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

frytechnician posted:

I think I'll do one more playthrough after this one at some point this year to reassess this but yeah, I like Elden Ring - I don't love it.

Lol I loved Elden Ring, goty last year and all that, and I doubt I'll replay it until years later if at all

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks. I will give the demo a try too.

It has good creatures too.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It has good creatures too.

Can't believe you're going to hunt that cute animal. hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I feel this real hard like I wanna play lots of Splatoon but I’m tryna also read books and comics and watch movies and shows as well as gaming and I can’t sink hours a day into multiplayer stuff