Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This is probably one of the best game pass months I've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

JBP posted:

Jim Cramer said Activision is a buy and that the deal is all good, so it's hosed.

Rest in peace to the loving deal

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
The Inverse Cramer ETF never misses.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Leaving GamePass on March 1st:

• ⁠Alien Isolation (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠Crown Trick (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠FAR: Changing Tides (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠Lightning Returns: FFXIII (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠Madden NFL 21 (PC/Xbox)
• ⁠Octopath Traveler (PC/Xbox)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JBP posted:

Jim Cramer said Activision is a buy and that the deal is all good, so it's hosed.

Laffo, the endorsement of death

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1625860386397487107

March 2nd, free for everyone, five new levels themed on Final Fantasy 7/FF7 Remake:
Cloud's Bike + Shinra Hauler
Scorpion Sentinel
Seventh Heaven Bar
Mako Energy Exhibit
Airbuster

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yessss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when i think about all the cool poo poo Square did in 2022 i completely forgot that they published Powerwash Simulator lmao

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
That's March sorted.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Now do FF7 Remake on Gamepass.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Asnorban posted:

:hmmyes::agreed:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Asnorban posted:

sony paid for it to be exclusive, sorry. this is good for gaming, unlike ms buying activision

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

remake one the good Final Fantasies instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there isn't any :hehe:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sony paid for it to be exclusive, sorry. this is good for gaming, unlike ms buying activision

They only paid for a year’s exclusivity which ran out almost two years ago now. Square still haven’t ported it I think they said it’s “because the Xbox is fail”?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

literally the one reason i want to get a ps5. i think exclusives are fine because that's like the whole point of consoles but having literally one exclusive i want is a really awkward number

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

remake one the good Final Fantasies instead

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:regd10:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
anyway im just going to get a series x i think because game pass is epic win

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyway im just going to get a series x i think because game pass is epic win

correct and correct

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there is no reason to remake the good final fantasies because they were epic games then and remain epic to this very day

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The real trick is to be bad with your money, buy all the consoles, and then not eat very much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i can pull it off if i sell my redbox switch and my series S i think. though im just going to wait a bit because i'm tapped out after i let Best Buy oversell me on a more expensive TV, like a fool

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Gamepass cannibalizing sales is the dumbest gaming thing I've read about in awhile. #1 no poo poo people who own gamepass arent going to buy the game #2 Gamepass has been around for years now, companies understand what theyre getting, if the money provided by MS + Dlc sales and exposure weren't worth it for the studios they wouldnt take it, yet we have big studios and games continuing to take the deal time and time again so it's clearly beneficial to them. It's that simple.

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1625852960931741698

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

This is probably one of the best game pass months I've seen so far.

I think this year might be the best for Gamepass just because they actually have large third party exclusives while last year they had smaller indie games mainly. Last year was stuff like A Plague Tale, Tunic, Total Warhammer 3 which are good but this year they got Atomic Hearts, Wo Long, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, Starfield. That's just the first half of the year and only new releases.

If the Activision deal doesn't even go through like someone said in the thread that's just Microsoft with 70bln back. Pretty sure they could just throw money at big third party publishers like Square, Sega, Ea, Ubisoft for few day one pass games or in some case straight up buy. I am pretty sure with how poorly Ubisoft/EA have been doing in terms of their stock performance, their investors would welcome a buyout and those acquisitions will have way less antitrust issues. Like Ubisoft stock is nearly at all time lows and their market cap is only 2bln euro. Even in dollars that is less than what Sony paid for Bungie even if Microsoft pays 10-20% above current market price.. So Microsoft could just pick them up yolo to have another dev for gamepass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please do not purchase Ubi Soft, Phil

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He should do a Bill Gates and buy Ubisoft then intentionally run it into the ground

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

please do not purchase Ubi Soft, Phil

Point is even if Activision deal doesn't go through they can pick someone else up or throw money like they did at Sega for all those Yakuza games. Ubisoft is definitely in the down but you are really buying on the cheap and AC Valhalla by itself had 1bln in revenue. So that is almost 50% of their market valuation by 1 game. And they have like 2-3 AC games in dev already.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they should fool sony into buying them so i dont see any mroe ubisoft games on game pass!!!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Speaking of Ubisoft, what happened to the Ubisoft+ coming to game pass rumors.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Starfield ain’t coming out the first half of this year lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Speaking of Ubisoft, what happened to the Ubisoft+ coming to game pass rumors.
Either they were incorrect or the deal fell through. Instead, individual games have ended up on Game Pass.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Escobarbarian posted:

I have doubts it's coming out at all this year. I'm getting the feeling it's not even close to complete.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Ya I think safe bet is the holidays but summer seems empty. They could do one presentation then reveal release date of 3-4 months. Plus guys like Jeff Grub saying they think it's possible.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

1glitch0 posted:

I have doubts it's coming out at all this year. I'm getting the feeling it's not even close to complete.

It's just realism, space is mostly empty

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

fallout 4 got announced the summer of 2015 and came out 6 months later with like 2 promotional trailers, those vault boy cinematics and no previews

plus it was a buggy pos at launch so starfield is definitely coming out this year

BoosterDuck fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 15, 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Seltzer posted:

Gamepass cannibalizing sales is the dumbest gaming thing I've read about in awhile. #1 no poo poo people who own gamepass arent going to buy the game #2 Gamepass has been around for years now, companies understand what theyre getting, if the money provided by MS + Dlc sales and exposure weren't worth it for the studios they wouldnt take it, yet we have big studios and games continuing to take the deal time and time again so it's clearly beneficial to them. It's that simple.

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1625852960931741698

Games leave game pass then come back so it can't be that bad.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I won't hold my breath on Starfield. I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year were having the same conversation about it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silkfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BoosterDuck posted:

fallout 4 got announced the summer of 2015 and came out 5 months later with like 2 promotional trailers, those vault boy cinematics and no previews

plus it was a buggy pos at launch so starfield is definitely coming out this year

Personally I think the game doesn't exist at all and is just a prank that got really out of control like the AEW game.