Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol if you don’t think we’re going to get a little indy music riff as he says something like “no ticket” or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We don't even really know what Deadpool 3 is about other than it has pre-Logan Wolverine in it so any guesses as to who people are playing is kinda pointless right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also they already had a Dazzler.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

theironjef posted:

Everyone wants the nanite suits because otherwise you gotta spend a whole season of television trying to get your edgy phase Ronin costume back, or have Barnes ask Ayo, who is already really mad, to get Shuri to make a big box of Captain America outfit for Sam.
This rules though

Everyone should be getting Wakanda to make their stuff

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I am kinda sad that this means they're going to retcon the first two X-Men movies and Logan out of existence though. I really liked the first two and Logan was just incredible, to date still probably in the top 5 comic book movies.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gologle posted:

I am kinda sad that this means they're going to retcon the first two X-Men movies and Logan out of existence though. I really liked the first two and Logan was just incredible, to date still probably in the top 5 comic book movies.
The X-Men movies were constantly retconning themselves out of existence

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gologle posted:

That’s why you buy physical media. Disney can’t retcon it out of your collection that way.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I consider Logan to be the eventual final state of the X-Men universe, like, the world is dry and dying in part because of all the X-Men time travel and retcons. Logan is not the end point of the current timeline, or the Deadpool one, but someday...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Logan was always an Elseworlds kind of thing anyways. We also have no idea what the final product is going to be; it’s a Deadpool movie, Jackman might be in it for all of 5 minutes for all we know yet.
I do wonder if Cable will be back, that’d be kind of funny now that it’s part of the MCU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gologle posted:

They're not, though. Like they've said this is before Logan takes place, so they're not retconning the Fox films.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure who she is going to play but I think this is a casting announcement

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1625490184568737795?s=46&t=6h_qMaeazf0JLXZBRC37qw

Gwenpool?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Gavok posted:

Gwenpool?

Oh poo poo that makes way too much sense

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Gavok posted:

Gwenpool?

Holy poo poo

Tough to do well, but so is Deadpool in general

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gavok posted:

Gwenpool?

don't do this to me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Allegedly it’s a villain

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I saw one Twitterer say it’s the robot/personified Danger Room character

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Danger would be wild because the movies have not utilized the Danger Room that much at all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just hope that Jackman gets to actually wear the Wolverine costume this time.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Allegedly it’s a villain

A Gwenpool-Deadpool team up would be too much. Evil Gwenpool learning to learning to be a good-ish person from Deadpool, and probably having a healthy but weird relationship with Dopinder would be... kind of an impossible standard tbh, I should shut up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

AngryBooch posted:

Danger would be wild because the movies have not utilized the Danger Room that much at all.

Man. The more I think about all the crazy X-Men stuff that doesn't exist in the movies because they played things so safe...

I really hope the MCU X-Men just goes nuts embracing how loving weird the X-Men comics really are.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

I think it was X-Men 3 that opens with it? It has been represented but absolutely not utilized recently.

I think the people going to Deadpool 3 probably do have reference to the animated series where I probably remember more Danger Room stuff.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think Gwenpool would be too much of a retread of Domino's shtick from DP2: DP not believing luck is a superpower, accepting her onto the team on,y because he needs to, turns out it works, etc. I just wonder how they'd do it without hitting the same beats.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

StumblyWumbly posted:

A Gwenpool-Deadpool team up would be too much. Evil Gwenpool learning to learning to be a good-ish person from Deadpool, and probably having a healthy but weird relationship with Dopinder would be... kind of an impossible standard tbh, I should shut up.

i mean if there's one way to make my heart hurt more it would be them using the really lovely Gwenpool strikes back version so it tracks that that would be what happens

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Vandar posted:

Man. The more I think about all the crazy X-Men stuff that doesn't exist in the movies because they played things so safe...

I really hope the MCU X-Men just goes nuts embracing how loving weird the X-Men comics really are.

X-Men really needs to be a weekly soap opera rather than a film franchise. Sure, they can show up in Secret Wars or whatever crossover movies you want, but plot lines like “I married a clone of my dead wife” or “my brain was put into a ninja” really need a serialized format to get the attention they deserve.

Frankly, Spider-Man should be handled the same way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

I think it was X-Men 3 that opens with it? It has been represented but absolutely not utilized recently.

I think the people going to Deadpool 3 probably do have reference to the animated series where I probably remember more Danger Room stuff.
Yes it was the beginning of that movie. I think it got cut from an earlier movie for budgetary reasons

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

If Deadpool is universe hopping he should absolutely drop into X-Men Animated Series like a reverse Roger Rabbit for a segment.

It could even bridge to that sequel series happening on D+.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes it was the beginning of that movie. I think it got cut from an earlier movie for budgetary reasons

Funny enough I think the other X-Men 3 ends with the Danger Room.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Funny enough I think the other X-Men 3 ends with the Danger Room.

Ah yes, the bit where they wear their 90s costumes for 30 seconds and then are back in the boring First Class ones in the next movie

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

There were four of those movies? I cannot tell you with any certainty how many movies they did with the second series.

First Class, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix?

Does Days of Future Past count as #2 there?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Gwen has no time for Deadpool's lol memes nonsense, she'd just peace out of the screen/TV, Sadako style.

:colbert:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Splint Chesthair posted:

Frankly, Spider-Man should be handled the same way.

God, I wish. Looking back on his MCU movies, it's sad that two of my fave scenes of the whole series are just him loving with mobsters, and loving with bike thieves and doing flips. I just want the dude loving with street level mooks for awhile.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's rumored to be an adaptation of Deadpool kills the universe, I can see Gwenpool being an antagonist in that story because she just became canon in the films and doesn't want to go away.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gwenpool’s powers were already used in the last episode of She-Hulk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I guess Evangeline Lilly was able to convince Marvel she wouldn't say anything off script because she's doing talk shows to promote the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Gwenpool can be the villain by acknowledging that she is in a movie so none of the people she kills are real.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Azubah posted:

It's rumored to be an adaptation of Deadpool kills the universe

So this movie will be all about Deadpool killing the cast of the old movies to make way for their new MCU actors? Patrick Stewart is gonna die for like, the fourth or fifth time in these movies.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rhonne posted:

So this movie will be all about Deadpool killing the cast of the old movies to make way for their new MCU actors? Patrick Stewart is gonna die for like, the fourth or fifth time in these movies.

he should say "oh no, not again" like John Hurt in Spaceballs

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure who she is going to play but I think this is a casting announcement

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1625490184568737795?s=46&t=6h_qMaeazf0JLXZBRC37qw

I want to make a wild guess and say Boom Boom. Tabitha and Wade would have fun together.
But I have no knowledge of that actress, so I can't say if it would fit in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

I want to make a wild guess and say Boom Boom. Tabitha and Wade would have fun together.
But I have no knowledge of that actress, so I can't say if it would fit in any way.

I've only ever seen them in serious period pieces.