Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

J-Spot posted:

HFW already has a trial.

Oh. Then...well, I'm confused. I guess it's just whoever put together this image wanted to have both 'Premium' and 'Extra' on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Morpheus posted:

Oh. Then...well, I'm confused. I guess it's just whoever put together this image wanted to have both 'Premium' and 'Extra' on it.
My interpretation of the image is that HFW and RE7 will be on Premium, Scarlet Nexus and BL3 will be on Extra.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

bloodychill posted:

I had hoping that Wanted: Dead would breath some life into the AA mid-budget realm that mostly died during the PS3/XB360 era and we’d get some of that experimental stuff back but it sounds from reviews here and critics that it’s too throwback-y and repetitive without bringing much new to the table. I dunno, maybe others will be inspired by the idea of it if not the final product itself. Kind of a bummer. Still, I’ll give it a spin at a price drop.

play Evil West, it fuckin owns

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ishin preload is live for all the freaks who need to make sure it’s definitely installed in time for Friday

That last hour of work Friday is going to be a real bitch

Maybe I’ll have network issues or something

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

HFW had a trial alright…. It was found “not as good as Elden Ring”!!!!

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I don't know if this is the right thread for the question, but uhh, here goes. I have an LG C2 tv, and I have HDMI link set up in my PS5. The only problem is, when my TV is in sleep mode, and I start casting something to my chromecast thing, the PS5 sees that I turned on the TV and helpfully goes out of sleep mode and switched my current source to its HDMI input. Turning off HDMI link in my PS5 settings fixes this behavior, but I still want to be able to turn my TV on by starting up my PS5 and (optionally) having the PS5 go to sleep when I put my TV to sleep mode.

Anyone had similar issues?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HDMI-CEC is and always has been a messy clusterfuck of contradicting implementations

What usually happens if you have more than one device using it plugged in over HDMI is that the TV will accept a ‘power on’ signal from any of them, but doesn’t switch inputs until it wakes up.

This means if the last input you were using is connected to the device you’re not actually trying to use now, it immediately sees that the TV woke up and will try to be helpful and power on itself.

Some devices have more granular settings so you could do something like only have it work one way with turning on the device turning on the tv, which is perfect for a games console since you’re going to have to grab the controller anyway and that’s got a big ol’ power button right in the middle, but Sony haven’t implemented that because they’re a terrible company who want you to suffer. Pretty sure Xbox can do it :v:

See if your tv will let you turn off sending the ‘power on’ signal to the input on the PS5 I guess?

Or turn it off and accept the maximum remotes lifestyle.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

hey mom its 420 posted:

I don't know if this is the right thread for the question, but uhh, here goes. I have an LG C2 tv, and I have HDMI link set up in my PS5. The only problem is, when my TV is in sleep mode, and I start casting something to my chromecast thing, the PS5 sees that I turned on the TV and helpfully goes out of sleep mode and switched my current source to its HDMI input. Turning off HDMI link in my PS5 settings fixes this behavior, but I still want to be able to turn my TV on by starting up my PS5 and (optionally) having the PS5 go to sleep when I put my TV to sleep mode.

Anyone had similar issues?
I had that issue with a Fire TV stick and I ended up having to just turn off HDMI Link and deal with dealing with the TV state manually. I know that's not helpful but it seems like a fundamental issue with PS5's implementation of the HDMI-CEC feature. The Xbox Series X lets you independently choose whether turning on/off the PS5 turns on/off the TV and vice versa, whereas PS5's implementation seems like an all-or-nothing deal, which makes it susceptible to turning on the PS5 when you're not trying to use it. It'll definitely happen (by design) if you just power the TV on and the input already is set to the PS5's input, but I've also experienced it happening even if it's not on the PS5's input.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
PS5 plays much less well with HDMI link than my other devices so I just turned it off

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

HFW had a trial alright…. It was found “not as good as Elden Ring”!!!!

its very unfortunate to the devs of HZD that it launched right around BotW and HFW launched right around Elden Ring

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wtf a good month

PS Extra:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- The Quarry
- Outriders
- Scarlet Nexus
- RE7
- Borderlands 3
- Tekken 7
- Ace Combat 7
- EDF5
- Oninaki
- Lost Sphear
- I am Setsuna
- The Forgotten City

PS Premium:
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Wild Arms 2
- Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
- Destroy All Humans (PS4)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I saw there was a bit of confusion, some people said HFW was only going to be on the Premium tier?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf a good month

PS Extra:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- The Quarry
- Outriders
- Scarlet Nexus
- RE7
- Borderlands 3
- Tekken 7
- Ace Combat 7
- EDF5
- Oninaki
- Lost Sphear
- I am Setsuna
- The Forgotten City

PS Premium:
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Wild Arms 2

Oh poo poo, Ace Combat. Might try that one.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Please try Ace combat and maybe they'll finally remaster 4/5/zero.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf a good month

PS Extra:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- The Quarry
- Outriders
- Scarlet Nexus
- RE7
- Borderlands 3
- Tekken 7
- Ace Combat 7
- EDF5
- Oninaki
- Lost Sphear
- I am Setsuna
- The Forgotten City

PS Premium:
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Wild Arms 2

Yeah a good month of poo poo I already bought...

Dragoon and WA2 are cool though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

imhotep posted:

There does seem to be a lot more stuff that’s literally just a VR version of an entire lAAA game coming out on PSVR2, like Hitman 3, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, etc. If Sony just keep doing more of that I’ll be very pleased with the PSVR2, even if they didn’t attempt to make a big AAA PSVR2 exclusive (which, again, I’d be surprised if they didn’t given how much effort they’ve put into the psvr2 already)

They should make the new AC game playable completely in VR

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf a good month

- Wild Arms 2

:siren::siren::siren:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also of those three tokyo rpg factory games I've only played lost sphear, which I enjoyed, but not enough to buy the other two...

Fucken hell so many games

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

EDF5 fuckin rules everybody should play it

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll just turn the feature off, it's no big deal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's crazy how sensitive CEC can be, sometimes the particular daisychain of HDMI devices over ARC just doesn't play right. I'm currently having a bit of a wild time figuring out that poo poo myself after switching from a soundbar to an AVR. The soundbar worked well with CEC but was also using optical, and I think I had PS5 directly to tv. The AVR is def more finicky with CEC and everything centralized so far, I'm trying to figure which boxes I can tick so that turning on my PS3 doesn't also turn on my PS5 for some reason. It's very dumb.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Cowman posted:

EDF5 fuckin rules everybody should play it

Indeed but where the hell is EDF6? I want the power of the PS5 to enable even more giant spiders and alien frogmen.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Alan Wake Remastered is on sale for like $14 with ps plus right now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

AcidCat posted:

Indeed but where the hell is EDF6? I want the power of the PS5 to enable even more giant spiders and alien frogmen.

Turning a big dial that says ‘giant insects’ and constantly looking down at the FPS counter for single digits

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

AcidCat posted:

Indeed but where the hell is EDF6? I want the power of the PS5 to enable even more giant spiders and alien frogmen. creatures indistinguishable from human beings.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its very unfortunate to the devs of HZD that it launched right around BotW and HFW launched right around Elden Ring

It's weird how this narrative keeps going, HZD was highly acclaimed at launch and went to sell 20 million copies, spawned a great expansion, a fantastic sequel and what seems to be a decent VR game.

If anything Horizon and the Decima Engine boosted Guerrilla's status within Sony.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Decima is insanely cool tech, I'm pumped to see Kojima do more with it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/PQnmsod2b7A

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's crazy how sensitive CEC can be, sometimes the particular daisychain of HDMI devices over ARC just doesn't play right. I'm currently having a bit of a wild time figuring out that poo poo myself after switching from a soundbar to an AVR. The soundbar worked well with CEC but was also using optical, and I think I had PS5 directly to tv. The AVR is def more finicky with CEC and everything centralized so far, I'm trying to figure which boxes I can tick so that turning on my PS3 doesn't also turn on my PS5 for some reason. It's very dumb.

Yeah I'm having issues too since ive changed my receiver. The tv and receiver dont really want to talk to each other over arc and I've had to run an optical line to get audio from the tv. Turning the ps5 on used to turn both the tv and the receiver on but now it only turns the tv on, even though the signal passes thru the receiver, very weird

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ai is loving weird lol

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Hot drat, I've been meaning to play the Forgotten City

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Davedave24 posted:

Hot drat, I've been meaning to play the Forgotten City

It's good.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Arist posted:

Oh poo poo, Ace Combat. Might try that one.

So is it confirmed that Forbidden West is extra instead of premium?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

We were talking about Korean money entering the console space a few pages back and another one worth watching is Swedish studio Embark, comprised of like 90% ex-DICE employees, under the Nexon publishing umbrella. Studio has a cool style.

Here's some Swedish dudes doing gun sound recordings at a cement factory for The Finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zds54ehEFkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxloMQgfoYI

Embark is also working on Arc Raiders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuftkDxjGT4

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf a good month

PS Extra:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- The Quarry
- Outriders
- Scarlet Nexus
- RE7
- Borderlands 3
- Tekken 7
- Ace Combat 7
- EDF5
- Oninaki
- Lost Sphear
- I am Setsuna
- The Forgotten City

PS Premium:
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Wild Arms 2

I'm really excited to play Horizon, Scarlet Nexus, The Quarry, Ace Combat 7, EDF5, The Legend of Dragoon ,Wild Arms 2, And Harvest Moon!!!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

It's like they looked at the games I've played over the past six months and said "Let's give 'em out, they must be experienced!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only winning move is not to buy

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only winning move is not to buy

The price I pay is the price to play before the games become mainstream, I played them before they were cool. The hitherto unknown titles like "Horizon Forbidden West"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Thought I'd share this from the PSVR2 thread. It's from the launch game Switchback. This guy posted a good long video of game play including the chunk at 2:30, which shows off how PSVR2 eye tracking can be used in game play. The game puts you in a room with a bunch of mannequins, which as we all know are inherently terrifying, but they will only move toward you when you blink. Blink too many times and they get close enough to attack you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGLfgoM2l4&t=157s