Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Seems like it would be more humane to kill it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

That is weird.

Yeah I dunno what it is. Like a big salmon filet, baked with citrus, dill, butter. I’ll pack it up and eat on it for a week. Put in grits. Over rice. Alone with veggies. It’s just the heartiest, most delicious meat to me—maybe I’m part grizzly.

This, but blackened salmon

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Anyone decent and able to help with some computer image editing stuff? A friend sent me a picture of a document with a ton of text on it, and I can't read it. I can make out some words, but not all. Can anyone help clean it up>? I would ask them to resend but its not possible at the moment.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Yesterday I got a couple of big rear end local crabs for $5/lbs and made crab cakes for my girlfriend. God they were tasty

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Glumslinger posted:

Yesterday I got a couple of big rear end local crabs for $5/lbs and made crab cakes for my girlfriend. God they were tasty

Going to need a break down of that crab cake recipe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Anyone decent and able to help with some computer image editing stuff? A friend sent me a picture of a document with a ton of text on it, and I can't read it. I can make out some words, but not all. Can anyone help clean it up>? I would ask them to resend but its not possible at the moment.

Nice try Google Captcha. We’re on to you.

Serious reply, you can try sending it to your phone to see if the AI can copy the text (iPhone does this at least). You can PM me but I can’t guarantee any miracles.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice try Google Captcha. We’re on to you.

Serious reply, you can try sending it to your phone to see if the AI can copy the text (iPhone does this at least). You can PM me but I can’t guarantee any miracles.

Thanks, I don't have an iphone, but my friend does so I will have him try it!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Thanks, I don't have an iphone, but my friend does so I will have him try it!

Google Lens on Android

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Going to need a break down of that crab cake recipe.

1 egg
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoons mustard
1 scallion, finely chopped
1-2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Old Bay
Salt and pepper
2/3 cup bread crumbs + more for coating
1 lbs crab meat

Mix everything before the breadcrumbs together in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add breadcrumbs and mix together. Gently add crab meat and mix together. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, to let it come together

Pour breadcrumbs on a plate, scoop out crab cake mix and shape into patties, then coat top and bottom in breadcrumbs.

Fry over medium heat until they're browned enough. Serve with lemon wedges

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

You can convert to PDF and run it through an online OCR tool, but chances are that if the photo is blurry/pixelated there’s not much you can do.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You hate to see it.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1625639685593743361

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Best steak I ever had was a prime rib, dry aged for 45 days, pan cooked with butter, medium rare. At a steakhouse unfortunately, I don't have the patience or the fridge space to dry age my own steaks, but done properly it really does make a difference. I like a steak that is just under an inch thick, which is enough that I can get a decent crust but not so thick that it's still cold in the middle after I sear both sides and bake it for three or four minutes. The really thick steaks I just haven't figured out, I guess sous vide is the way.

I love me a big steak but if I'm honest by the time I've cleared 8 oz or so it's not hot any more and I'm more just coasting on greed. I hate a lukewarm steak. Always heat up the plates before you plate & serve! I used to hate it when my stepdad would rest the meat but then I figured out it was because the resting + a cold plate meant I was mostly eating a lukewarm to cool steak and that sucked. So nowadays after I pull the steak pan from the oven and turn off the heat I put the plates in the oven, take the steak out of the pan and put it on a tray at the back of the stove where the oven exhaust keeps them warm but lets them do their resting thing for 5 minutes or so, and then I'm serving hot, rested steak on a hot plate and that is The Way.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/TooGooden17/status/1625600926613487618?t=FK4lHUolea1Q63IvB0Qr_g&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nov 6, 2002

In case anyone is wondering, yes that is a joke.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Of course, it’s larger than a normal hat. It’s funny.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reverse searing steaks is the way to go.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I proudly wear that hat every Halloween.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It shouldn’t be. Make the bases bigger so poo poo actually happens in baseball games other than outs and dingers.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It shouldn’t be. Make the bases bigger so poo poo actually happens in baseball games other than outs and dingers.

Use those big bases and make them springy like a mini-tramp

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

More like Nerd Ferguson

Nov 6, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChadBlue83/status/1625941508552593414

Maybe the GOAT of beautiful women.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ve seen a guy at several Florida Panther’s games with a custom #69 jersey with the name “T. FERGUSON” on the back and every time I want to just salute it.

Nov 6, 2002

those aren't buoys!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

watched kansas city bomber some time back

was a nice look at roller derby

T-Square
May 14, 2009

There’s a fellow I know whom I greatly dislike but everyone else seems to not mind him enough to keep him coming around, and one of his unforgivable transgressions in my eyes was when we all had a cookout. We all went to a nice local butcher shop together, and he bought a four pack of 30-day dry aged ribeyes at like $18/lb and then proceeded to coat them in some disgusting mixture of like olive oil, fish sauce, softened butter and a bunch of other random poo poo and let them marinate for a few hours. Yes, let people do what they want for their food I know, but gently caress, go buy an $8 grocery store steak if you’re going to do that. Kept trying to get me to try a bite because he thought I’d be impressed and I almost threw up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Olive oil has a higher smoke point than butter but still too low for searing. You can do a butter baste thing in a pan, that's totally a steak option, but I don't think I'd bother with the olive oil at that point. Fish sauce is a salty umami flavor and while that's fine to do to meat I also would not prefer it for a dry aged ribeye. I don't feel like you need to enhance the meatiness of 100% meat with anything, but if I had to I'd probably use MSG before I put fish sauce onto a ribeye, if only to not make it moist because I'm gonna be using an oil film as I pan sear or char it on a grill and I don't need any moisture interfering.

I would have tried a bite, though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

T-Square posted:

There’s a fellow I know whom I greatly dislike but everyone else seems to not mind him enough to keep him coming around, and one of his unforgivable transgressions in my eyes was when we all had a cookout. We all went to a nice local butcher shop together, and he bought a four pack of 30-day dry aged ribeyes at like $18/lb and then proceeded to coat them in some disgusting mixture of like olive oil, fish sauce, softened butter and a bunch of other random poo poo and let them marinate for a few hours. Yes, let people do what they want for their food I know, but gently caress, go buy an $8 grocery store steak if you’re going to do that. Kept trying to get me to try a bite because he thought I’d be impressed and I almost threw up.

This is why I had to ask seiferguy about the Kobe ground beef for chili earlier :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

More like Nerd Ferguson

And drat proud of it. 😁

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A poor imitation of the Big M8 meme, to be honest.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My lasting memory of Raquel Welch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvi_qwnErIs

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYN2PCUMPtU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I like steak and will post my steak pic when I get back from Denver tomorrow!!?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Steak is good but if you are at even a baseline level of competence in the kitchen then a steakhouse steak is usually not worth it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Steak is good but if you are at even a baseline level of competence in the kitchen then a steakhouse steak is usually not worth it

Yeah im a big believer in this too.

If I go out to eat I don't want to order something I can do at home.

Sure the chef probably has a slightly better cut from a slightly better cow cooked on a slightly better pan with some slightly better butter but would I rather have that steak and some fries I can get 90% of the way to at home or something I can't reproduce

I get if you're at a steakhouse you don't have a lot of options and if you suck at cooking at you feel like a steak but I don't even look at steak in a restaurant.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

My in laws go buy ribeyes and then marinate them in a bottle of Great Value Italian salad dressing and Montreal steak seasoning. I cannot even handle that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

My in laws go buy ribeyes and then marinate them in a bottle of Great Value Italian salad dressing and Montreal steak seasoning. I cannot even handle that.

WTF.

What's wrong with some salt and pepper? Marinating a ribeye is a poor decision IMO.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Montreal steak seasoning is good on certain cuts when grilled, but the italian dressing. Jesus christ. Yuck.

Costco has been selling this two pack of "The Blend" (salt, pepper, garlic) and this buttery steakhouse rub. The rub is fantastic on ribeyes and the occasional waygu.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I splurged on a curry spice pack last year and re-ordered it when it came back in stock and the tandoori and lemon curry are good for seasoning meat. I don't make steak or a lot of beef in general so no idea how it would go there but they're both good on chicken, pork and fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Funny enough YouTube suggested this earlier today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3Ndqf3qHk