Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its okay you are playing the game you dont need to hide it anymore

olives black posted:

"everyone else is playing it! everyone else is playing it!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and turn into a :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
hes playing the game

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm having a very normal day so it looks like it's about time to post about the wizard videogame.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Go watch an informative TikTok.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm having a very normal day so it looks like it's about time to post about the wizard videogame.

don't do it

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Hardawn posted:

Go watch an informative TikTok.

How about an informative Youtube video?

https://youtu.be/uNKyQVsgKLg

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you buy any game the proceeds are almost guaranteed to benefit people who are a lot worse than Rowling. This isn't saying you shouldn't care about what you buy, this is saying you shouldn't pretend to care in the most pathetic manner possible, and instead actually put the money where your mouth is and take things seriously with all the consequences it entails.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
jim sterling should play some video games and relax instead of making angry videos about the industry all the time it would do them some good

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

olives black posted:

If you admit to having payed money for this game

I don't give a single gently caress about video games in general and especially not some dumb Harry Potter one

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In other words, video games are piss

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

steinrokkan posted:

If you buy any game the proceeds are almost guaranteed to benefit people who are a lot worse than Rowling. This isn't saying you shouldn't care about what you buy, this is saying you shouldn't pretend to care in the most pathetic manner possible, and instead actually put the money where your mouth is and take things seriously with all the consequences it entails.

There are plenty of games that you can purchase without putting money into the hands of transphobes with Rowling's level of influence.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I pay for tv and that money goes to fox news and im proud of it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This may shock you, but the people who own big studios and publishers and their mother corporations aren't progressives.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Like yes, jk rowling is a terf in real life, but strixtly related to the game but the real elephant in the room is the race of big eared, short and hairy hooked nosed goblins who apparantly run all the wizard banks because they love money. Apparantly this wasnt problematic at all to include verbatim in the game.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
thats why they are all playing the game and loving it

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

steinrokkan posted:

This may shock you, but the people who own big studios and publishers and their mother corporations aren't progressives.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Video games aren't a life necessity

But this whole thing is beside the point because you are absolutely, aggressively playing the bad game

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

steinrokkan posted:

But this whole thing is beside the point because you are playing the bad game

The terf wizard game is even less so. Hence why you shouldn't pay money for it and poo poo on anyone who does despite knowing better.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
how many hours have you put into hogwarts legacy

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Can we start a list of ethical video games?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

steinrokkan posted:

But this whole thing is beside the point because you are absolutely, aggressively playing the bad game

also

olives black posted:

"everyone else is playing it! everyone else is playing it!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and turn into a :troll:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

super mario all stars

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

We can start a list of clearly unethical ones to spend money on.

Here's the first entry:

Hogwartz Legacy

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's weird that we have two insufferable dorks on this forum with 'olives' in their name like what are the odds

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

super mario all stars

nintendo uses unethical labor practices as well as having a horrible ecological impact

however upon further consideration, mario all stars does have 4 games and sometimes mario world for the price of one, so it's on the good list.

olives black posted:

We can start a list of clearly unethical ones to spend money on.

Here's the first entry:

Hogwartz Legacy

Yoshi's Safari because you can shoot Yoshi, which is an endangered charismatic megafauna

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

remember when seatbelts were new and chuds cut them out of their cars to own the libs? good poo poo.

the crazy thing is that in the year 2023, one of the young engineers who works under me refused to wear a seatbelt until the company gave him an ultimatum.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I am in the Barnes and Noble bathroom right now, all the Harry Potters are in here with me. Molon labe mother fuckers

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it's weird that we have two insufferable dorks on this forum with 'olives' in their name like what are the odds

I have a hunch that you paid for the terf wizard game.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Buce posted:

remember when seatbelts were new and chuds cut them out of their cars to own the libs? good poo poo.

no, because i'm not 65 years old or whatever, lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

olives black posted:

I have a hunch that you paid for the terf wizard game.

it was you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you want to play the terf game, just buy some trans credits to offset your bigotry footprint

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Lemon Trees posted:

She also has a punchable face

:mildpanic:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

How many copies did you buy black olives

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bad Purchase posted:

if you want to play the terf game, just buy some trans credits to offset your bigotry footprint

You're still directly aiding an influential transphobe in this case.

If you :filez: it, however, you are not.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that’s the purpose of the credits

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
if you pirate the game you are still playing and boosting a game created by a jk rowling it does not absolve you guilt but i forgive you for playing the game

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

olives black posted:

You're still directly aiding an influential transphobe in this case.

If you :filez: it, however, you are not.

at least you're inching closer to admitting you're playing it

but to be clear, you also bought it full price

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

the money spent on credits goes towards arming trans women with cool weapons of warfare like flails and shurikens as well as martial arts classes

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if you pirate the game you are still playing and boosting a game created by a jk rowling it does not absolve you guilt but i forgive you for playing the game

:filez:ing puts $0 into the pocket of an influential transphobe. So no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

olives black posted:

:filez:ing puts $0 into the pocket of an influential transphobe. So no.

shes a billionaire