Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Some helpful advice

Actually millenials eating all the time is what's driving inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Could millennial spending could inflation badder??

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
millenial and gen z lust for eggs and housing fuel rampant inflation

this dangerous new trend is called 'egghouse' is your adult child at risk? find out at 11

rampant millenial abuse of free article views is killing the byline proof-reader industry

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 19:49 on Feb 15, 2023

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Shame Boy posted:

Could millennial spending could inflation badder??

or worse

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Do not, my friends, become addicted to eggs. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I've heard of avocado toast, but avocado eggs?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Inventing egg stuffed avocados and destroying the economy forever

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

christmas boots posted:

its kind of sad that eggs and toast was a legitimate cheap breakfast staple for millions of people until suddenly it can't be anymore shut up stop asking why

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

mastershakeman posted:

its kind of sad that eggs and toast was a legitimate cheap breakfast staple for millions of people until suddenly it can't be anymore shut up stop asking why
Stupid gluten ruining everything. Glad we still have eggs and tortillas!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

I hate my job!!

Jumping between this thread and the IT thread always makes me double check where I am because of your posts.

christmas boots posted:

Goddamn toast with an egg and avocado sounds loving delicious right now. Shame only capitalists can have nice things now.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Um, actually it's good that we talk about the reasons: overregulation, political correctness and high taxes.
We could have cheap eggs yesterday if we abolished the FDA and IRS and I guess Tumblr.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

If food prices go up just stop eating food, ya dingus.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
millennials are busy dying in southern california

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolness Averted posted:

millenial and gen z lust for eggs and housing fuel rampant inflation

this dangerous new trend is called 'egghouse' is your adult child at risk? find out at 11

AAAAAAAA! egg
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_od5ucm3Vxe1u2z8jr.mp4

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
egg's should be like $17/dozen and gas should be like $8 a gallon but

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have a coworker who left his last dispensery job because they took away their employees' benefits and threw them a literal pizza party.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Just get an orchiectomy and eat your own eggs

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Just get an orchiectomy and eat your own eggs

They're gonna taste like piss though? I guess if you're English, but then you'd be firmly against orchiectomy in the first place.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
:same:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Motherfucker went to his fishing hole and said "fibsh"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Company declared $4 billion in profit for last year.
Just announced that the profit sharing pool will only be 50% for no reason.
And that is for 'successful' employees who they rate at their own discretion on a bell curve.
So yeah, morale has totally soared. We are chanting the company song and pledging our eternal souls to them.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

BonHair posted:

They're gonna taste like piss though? I guess if you're English, but then you'd be firmly against orchiectomy in the first place.

In England they call it an orchidectomy, which makes more sense to me because the entire point is that you keep the D

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:thunk:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

retirement age went up because the wealthiest 20% lived longer, pushing up life expectancy. now that its going down will they lower retirement age? probably not without actual violence

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Still a long way to go to beat 90s Russia, gotta be #1!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think, like in the olden days, average life expectancy is going down because we're killing more children. Once you're an adult you're still likely to live a long, long burden on our unprepared social net.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Tendales posted:

I think, like in the olden days, average life expectancy is going down because we're killing more children. Once you're an adult you're still likely to live a long, long burden on our unprepared social net.

no

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe we can give financial incentives for small mom&pop spree shooters to target the elderly instead?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

life expectancy is going down because there are

more suicides, drug overdoses (called accidents)

COVID

Cancer, heart, and liver disease killing people earlier (but not more people overall)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

life expectancy went down 6 years in the last 2 years by the way. basically you got 8 years closer to death in just 2 years of lived time lol. we're all the demographic who will die earlier

edit: asian women did not see decline actually. but other adults did I guess

edit: sorry the article wasn't clear. it's 6 years just for native americans, according to some other article.

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 23:51 on Feb 16, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

age deflation

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also healthcare costs keep going up 10-20% per year, in a clearly unsustainable spiral

sure would be nice to have a functional government right about now but lol this country's gonna absolutely fly apart in chunks

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Dustcat posted:

also healthcare costs keep going up 10-20% per year, in a clearly unsustainable spiral

sure would be nice to have a functional government right about now but lol this country's gonna absolutely fly apart in chunks

I don't see that anywhere on this quarterly earnings report. Get out of my office.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Antonymous posted:

life expectancy went down 6 years in the last 2 years by the way. basically you got 8 years closer to death in just 2 years of lived time lol. we're all the demographic who will die earlier

edit: asian women did not see decline actually. but other adults did I guess

edit: sorry the article wasn't clear. it's 6 years just for native americans, according to some other article.

How can I short these findings for monetary gain though????

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Demilich posted:

How can I short these findings for monetary gain though????

I recommend investing in funeral homes and casket manufacturers

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Chamale posted:

I recommend investing in funeral homes and casket manufacturers

In Australia you can sell overpriced funeral insurance to Indigenous people (pretending to be an Aboriginal-run not for profit organisation when you are definitely neither of these things), pay the vast majority of the profits to your shareholders, and then have your company collapse, disappear to Vanuatu and leave the indigenous people with nothing.

I would be shocked if nobody was doing this to native Americans.

quote:

The Aboriginal Community Benefit Fund (ACBF) was a Gold Coast-based private business that for decades aggressively sold funeral insurance almost exclusively to Aboriginal people, including children and babies
At its peak ACBF had about 25,000 clients. Trading as Youpla, it had 13,000 clients at the time of liquidation, all of whom face losing the money they paid in
Contributions of active members to the three funds totalled $39.2m
The liquidator, SV Partners, says there is just $11.9m left – the largest fund (Fund 3) has just $207,000
ACBF-Youpla was investigated by NSW’s Department of Fair Trading in 1992 and by the financial services regulator, Asic, in 1999, 2004 and 2014, but the business was allowed to continue
The company became a case study at the banking royal commission in 2018
Changes implemented following the royal commission led to Youpla being unable to sell to new customers without a licence
The financial ombudsman, Afca, has received 700 complaints about Youpla group since 2018, and issued 178 decisions to date, all in favour of complainants citing misleading or deceptive conduct
Afca estimates it has awarded more than $1.4m in compensation, but 61 determinations remained unpaid, worth around $500,000

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...la-set-to-begin

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
GOOD NEWS! You get to work longer!

GOOD NEWS! You get to work longer!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In future you're going to have to work till you're 80 and when your body starts falling apart they'll just chuck you in a dumpster unless you opted in for body falling apart protection back when you were 45, $5.46 out of every paycheck forever and ever amortized no worries don't ever fall or get shot in the face because then they'll decide youre more likely to have your body fall apart and they'll raise your rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
also oh gee darn all the insurance companies pulled out of underwriting new body falling apart policies after only 6 months, with retroactive denial of all applications still pending

hey what are ya gonna do, it's a free market