Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ash Crimson posted:

it always gets worse

There is always more and it is always worse, as true of that island as it is of the internet.

On the upside, none of us are going to run out of worthy causes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
a right wing labor party privatising all the good public services?

:thunkher: :thunk: :rubby:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
scotland and ireland should probably build a wall

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The already built a bunch of walls in Ireland to keep the prods out.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the tories are going to have the election on a dreary rainy thursday two weeks before xmas, and we will have the lowest turnout ever with the tories doing surprisingly well because they vote on reflex

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also the media will have spent the previous 3 months finally flaunting all of the stuff kier has on him

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

This senseless lawsuit could bankrupt the Labour party and let the Tories win again

probably the first article i’ve read that actually bothers to read what’s in the forde report, and sadly just shows what a superficial grasp corbyn had of the levers of power within the party, even though he was supposed to be the leader of the party

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This WILL happen

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

This senseless lawsuit could bankrupt the Labour party and let the Tories win again

probably the first article i’ve read that actually bothers to read what’s in the forde report, and sadly just shows what a superficial grasp corbyn had of the levers of power within the party, even though he was supposed to be the leader of the party

Yeah the thing that pissed me off permanently with that lot was how they just pretended it was fine the whole time and they were gonna wishcast the institutional obstacles in labour away by Democracy.

Then 2019 happens and were owned fully and they release that leaked report of fully sourced documents showing how powerfully owned we had been collectively the entire time while they were just grinning and bearing it with no plan.

The Labour right are poo poo but so are the Labour left, it's darkly comedic what a crappy horse our hopes had to be pinned on and how high the hopes were.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
hope is a lie am i rite guys 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

haha bless the other thread the gormless fucks

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

scotland hurry up and hit da bricks so I can get a passport and also hit da bricks

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
I think I've said this before but I'd have forgiven Corbyn for wasting weeks of my life doing electoralisms if he'd just purged someone. At least do something other than make kind, gentle gurgling noises while Margaret Hodge stabs you in the neck in the middle of parliament

e: the structural weakness of the whole "project" is demonstrated by how shite half the new candidates were as well. eg Jared O'Mara gave us a funny daily mail headline but is a baghead fraudster idiot who started the trend of MPs claiming to have mental illnesses that would clearly be 100% incompatible with doing the basics of the job

Shogi has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Feb 15, 2023

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

kecske posted:

scotland hurry up and hit da bricks so I can get a passport and also hit da bricks

That's why the sturgeon news is big, we may be entering the timeline where Scotland is gonna turn even more reactionary than England since its so much smaller and easier to manipulate

Theyr now gonna be fighting eachother over who implements the strictest penis inspections and Scottish politicians are even more pathetic than English ones largely, nic was an amazing find

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shogi posted:

I think I've said this before but I'd have forgiven Corbyn for wasting weeks of my life doing electoralisms if he'd just purged someone. At least do something other than make kind, gentle gurgling noises while Margaret Hodge stabs you in the neck in the middle of parliament

e: the structural weakness of the whole "project" is demonstrated by how shite half the new candidates were as well. eg Jared O'Mara gave us a funny daily mail headline but is a baghead fraudster idiot who started the trend of MPs claiming to have mental illnesses that would clearly be 100% incompatible with doing the basics of the job

In fairness O'Mara was clearly just a no-hoper candidate you pick because it's embarrassing to not run a candidate in every Scottish English & Welsh constituency, but you won't win. Nobody expected Clegg to lose in 2017, & aside from that the election was 3 years early so they had 2 months to find those candidates.

I have a lot of resentment to Corbyn for a lack of willingness to fight dirty while also clearly compromising his principles that had got him elected as leader in the first place. But that particular gently caress up is so minor next to not realising how vital it was to maintain a hold on the party apparatus, of having the naivety to believe everyone was as sincere as he was.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

That's why the sturgeon news is big, we may be entering the timeline where Scotland is gonna turn even more reactionary than England since its so much smaller and easier to manipulate

Theyr now gonna be fighting eachother over who implements the strictest penis inspections and Scottish politicians are even more pathetic than English ones largely, nic was an amazing find

LOL this is dogshit projection but go off

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Shogi posted:

Those weeks weren't wasted, because in the end you learned some very important things about electoralism.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

I don't think that's going to happen. I think the bigger risk for the snp is that it condemns them back to obscurity through internal infighting. That's not good for anyone since the other unionist based parties continue to be useless.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

In fairness O'Mara was clearly just a no-hoper candidate you pick because it's embarrassing to not run a candidate in every Scottish English & Welsh constituency, but you won't win. Nobody expected Clegg to lose in 2017, & aside from that the election was 3 years early so they had 2 months to find those candidates.

I have a lot of resentment to Corbyn for a lack of willingness to fight dirty while also clearly compromising his principles that had got him elected as leader in the first place. But that particular gently caress up is so minor next to not realising how vital it was to maintain a hold on the party apparatus, of having the naivety to believe everyone was as sincere as he was.

lol just remembered that Clegg went on to be a bagman for Zuck.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
lmao at o’mara getting 4 years in jail for nicking 30k, even if he was a lazy cokehead, when everyone else is grifting 100x harder with no consequences

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

LOL this is dogshit projection but go off

I'm just nightmare casting. I live in Scotland hopefully permanently and can see it all going tits up is all.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

lmao it’s real

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
The fact O’Mara thought he could put his coke on expenses while being a krazy korbyn kultist krew member brands him as hopelessly stupid. He doesn’t even have a baronetcy the oik

I’m okay with trump writing catty career obituaries for all his golf course enemies tbh, good content

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1625918105439404033

oh jeremy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Corbyn may not have been the right man for the job, but it is hard to say he is as bad as Sanders.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nicola is a rotten fool!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
So that means he is going to run as independent right??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1625909629971574805?t=OlJWibgoZbO3vaLgirDx0Q&s=19

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
man I just love sunk costs

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Momentum, nursing black eye: I can change him

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

"I can wait for him to have a heart attack."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving cretinous oafs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I went to uni in reading so being here twice is fully deserved

https://twitter.com/alistaircoleman/status/1625120541332983809?s=20

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Jose posted:

I went to uni in reading so being here twice is fully deserved

https://twitter.com/alistaircoleman/status/1625120541332983809?s=20

As a Kentish man, I can assure everyone that there are at least 10 towns in Kent worse than Canterbury
This list doesn't look particularly scientific

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Baffling list but I've lived in two of the top 20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
York shouldn't be on that list because no one 'lives' in York, it's all tourists and disneyland style heritage performers dressed up as town criers and jack the ripper

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Baffling list but I've lived in two of the top 20

so how is the list baffling?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If you're trying to sell me on the idea that hull is a better place to live than anywhere else in the universe I'm going to need to see the hard data

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

hull is poor af but the most fun place i’ve lived in the whole country by far